It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seattle welfare recipient lives in million-dollar home

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Ancient Champion

hey...#1...I am not affiliated with OWS.

#2, you were the one that mentioned OWS, as well as one of the other posters who made a comment so ignorant that I couldn't help myself.

Don't make assumptions, and yes, lets return to the topic: Kick and piss on the poor, protect the bankers.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by illuminatislave

If you want to talk about that then create a different thread because this thread believe it or not isn't about OWS.

edit on 5-12-2011 by Ancient Champion because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by illuminatislave

hey...#1...I am not affiliated with OWS.

#2, you were the one that mentioned OWS, as well as one of the other posters who made a comment so ignorant that I couldn't help myself.

Don't make assumptions, and yes, lets return to the topic: Kick and piss on the poor, protect the bankers.

You want change then go to Libya or Egypt and see how they did it, I'm sure you'll find out that they didn't sit in freaking tents holding signs and i'm sure that's not how our founding fathers did it either.
edit on 5-12-2011 by Ancient Champion because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   

dude, are you slow? You're the one running around accusing people of being OWS supporters. You have derailed your own thread

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by daynight42

Originally posted by GR1ill3d
Wow I mean really? I barely get 36$ a month for just food stamps with 3 people in the house and only one of us having a job. My son is ASD as well and we can't even get him on some sort of SSI disability because my wife makes just a little more then what they consider "Poverty level".

This is intolerable! OWS needs to protest this and not banks. It is stories like these that make feel ashamed to be an American.

Are you freakin' crazy?

Do the math. This amounts to pennies compared to what the banks got away with.

Let's say the couple got their 1,200 voucher for 20 years. (They've only actually had it for 8.)

1,200 x 12 months = $14,400 per year
x 20 years = $288,000

Which seems like a bigger issue to you, of these two? Fraud of A) or B)

A) $288,000
B) $13,000,000,000,000

The bailouts for the banks was 45,138,888 times larger than what this couple is doing, and yet some people here consider it worth protesting?

*I've used the more conservative figure of 13 trillion. Some say as high as 16,000,000,000,000

I don't think anyone will ever top what the bankers did, in terms of fraud. They are the biggest fraudsters, and the numbers are the evidence. Bring the biggest threat down first!

Yea I know what I said was backwards, I just got a tad upset at the whole idea was my thing. The banks are far worse then this. Just enrages me further that people would actually do something like this and be fine with it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join