It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seattle welfare recipient lives in million-dollar home

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

The 2,500 square-foot home, which includes gardens and a boat dock, is valued at $1.2 million. And even though the couple has been receiving the benefits for nearly 10 years, records show that they accurately listed the address of their current home when applying for the state and federal benefits.

Link

This just tees me off. We have people out there straving to death and this couple gets government benefits even tho they live in a million dollar lakeside house. If you click the link there will also be a video.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Daaaamn...wish I could get my rent paid for...that $1200 would just pay for it. Didn't know you could receive THAT much. Talk about greedy little piggies.

I bet their neighbors will be happy to know that they've been paying for this couples house/boat/trips/ etc.......

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Ancient Champion

That's the problem with the current system, if it is able to be abused, it will be.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I say good for her, ripping off the system that rips off all of us is more than justified.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Wow I mean really? I barely get 36$ a month for just food stamps with 3 people in the house and only one of us having a job. My son is ASD as well and we can't even get him on some sort of SSI disability because my wife makes just a little more then what they consider "Poverty level".

This is intolerable! OWS needs to protest this and not banks. It is stories like these that make feel ashamed to be an American.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
The only way this could happen, is if they don't own the house and there income is with in the requirements.
they look at all your assets including vehicles. It didnt say they "owned" the house. In theory you can be poor and live just about anywhere as long as you know someone that is better off

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by MNnativeamer
I say good for her, ripping off the system that rips off all of us is more than justified.

She's not ripping the system off, she's ripping the TAXPAYERS off.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by GR1ill3d
Wow I mean really? I barely get 36$ a month for just food stamps with 3 people in the house and only one of us having a job. My son is ASD as well and we can't even get him on some sort of SSI disability because my wife makes just a little more then what they consider "Poverty level".

This is intolerable! OWS needs to protest this and not banks. It is stories like these that make feel ashamed to be an American.

Are you freakin' crazy?

Do the math. This amounts to pennies compared to what the banks got away with.

Let's say the couple got their 1,200 voucher for 20 years. (They've only actually had it for 8.)

1,200 x 12 months = $14,400 per year
x 20 years = $288,000

Which seems like a bigger issue to you, of these two? Fraud of A) or B)

A) $288,000
B) $13,000,000,000,000

The bailouts for the banks was 45,138,888 times larger than what this couple is doing, and yet some people here consider it worth protesting?

*I've used the more conservative figure of 13 trillion. Some say as high as 16,000,000,000,000

I don't think anyone will ever top what the bankers did, in terms of fraud. They are the biggest fraudsters, and the numbers are the evidence. Bring the biggest threat down first!

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Its not uncommon to see welfare recipients around here drive new Escalades top of the line clothes, tv's everything. Why should they work if they get everything free. Need to kick their ass and tell them life is not a free ride.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SmashPapayaKC

Go after the bankers with that same esprit de corps! They're robbing you of so much more.

Or is it that people consider it easier to get the smaller guys than the actual bigger problem?

It's kind of like calling the cops on someone who is throwing mud on your house, while there's a bank getting ready to kick you out of it when you paid for the house with cash. Get the one whose doing the most damage.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Wake up people.

Occupy wall street - MSM misdirects focus to the police.

To the point made above. The bankers stole how many houses? Bush and Cheney made how much on outsourcing 2 wars and off Enron? Big Pharma has poisoned how many people for a buck?

Is the purpose of this thread really to make one more homeless family because people can't see through a well executed agenda?

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
If you want to talk about OWS then go to one of the hundreds of threads that already exist otherwise stick to the topic.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ancient Champion
If you want to talk about OWS then go to one of the hundreds of threads that already exist otherwise stick to the topic.

Good luck champ. With folks like you fighting for the elite, they are sure to win. Divided we fall, again.
edit on 5-12-2011 by zroth because: because this is a one sided conversation

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
People that defraud the system that we pay into to help our fellow countrymen are scum, but I love when people shamefully use instances like this to protect the banks...'OWS should protest this instead'...like how dumb can someone be?

Newsflash: The bankers have ripped off the taxpaying public 100000x worse than anyone who has committed fraud in regards to welfare.

Yeah, lets ignore them, and run after welfare scammers. That'll fix the country. That'll bring the jobs back. That'll get the nation out of debt. That'll end the wars. That will make America a land of upward mobility again.

Give me a break. You want to blame poor people for all of the problems, and excuse the elites because you have a goddamn inferiority complex.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by zroth

Good luck champ. With folks like you fighting for the elite, they are sure to win. Divided we fall, again.

Call me old fashion but when i make a thread i like the people who comment on it to stick to the topic. And no i don't side with the "elite" I'm just getting tired of OWS using the same tired line of "you're a puppet" when all the attention isn't on them.
edit on 5-12-2011 by Ancient Champion because: typo

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by illuminatislave
People that defraud the system that we pay into to help our fellow countrymen are scum, but I love when people shamefully use instances like this to protect the banks...'OWS should protest this instead'...like how dumb can someone be?

Newsflash: The bankers have ripped off the taxpaying public 100000x worse than anyone who has committed fraud in regards to welfare.

Yeah, lets ignore them, and run after welfare scammers. That'll fix the country. That'll bring the jobs back. That'll get the nation out of debt. That'll end the wars. That will make America a land of upward mobility again.

Give me a break. You want to blame poor people for all of the problems, and excuse the elites because you have a goddamn inferiority complex.

So i'm protecting the elite by trying to get people to stick to the topic of a thread? And tell me how is sitting in a tent in a park going to change anything? OWS has made ZERO progress on bringing change to this nation.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Call me old fashion but when i make a thread i like the people who comment on it to stick to the topic. And no i don't side with the "elite" I'm just getting tired of OWS using the same tired line of "you're a puppet" with all the attention isn't on them.

Instead of painting OWS, or anyone else who is sick and tired of this retarded system that we live under, as antagonists, why not attempt to be an adult by trying to find some type of common ground with them?

If people stopped yelling at each other and clinging to partisan nonsense that has been designed to DIVIDE us, we can all come together and kick in the teeth of those who have committed treason against us all.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Call me old fashion but when i make a thread i like the people who comment on it to stick to the topic. And no i don't side with the "elite" I'm just getting tired of OWS using the same tired line of "you're a puppet" with all the attention isn't on them.

Instead of painting OWS, or anyone else who is sick and tired of this retarded system that we live under, as antagonists, why not attempt to be an adult by trying to find some type of common ground with them?

If people stopped yelling at each other and clinging to partisan nonsense that has been designed to DIVIDE us, we can all come together and kick in the teeth of those who have committed treason against us all.

That's all fine and dandy but THIS THREAD ISN'T ABOUT OWS. I get so tired of going to a thread that doesn't have anything to do with OWS and see you OWS supporters over in the corner yelling "Hey look at us".

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   

So i'm protecting the elite by trying to get people to stick to the topic of a thread? And tell me how is sitting in a tent in a park going to change anything? OWS has made ZERO progress on bringing change to this nation.

Did I mention you? I was speaking in general.

OWS is far from perfect...I have my criticisms as well as praise...but their movement has at least drawn attention to the fact that people are pissed off, which is why TPTB have militarized their pigs to beat the # out of them.

I'd say that those brave souls have done more by exercising their right to protest than some idiot that lines up every four years to vote for some corporate backed puppet from these corrupt political parties, thinking that things will change "this time around".

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Ancient Champion

Audit the Welfare State!!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join