It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian school massacre faulted to Russian special forces..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com.../nm/20040906/wl_nm/security_russia_school_dc_1

Security forces bungled the handling of Russia's worst hostage drama because nobody was in charge and special forces were not ready when the shooting started, security analysts said on Monday.

i think that is a bunch of crap. the special forces were ready for two straight days, i'm sure they were prepared for anything. i would like to see the US, UK or any other country have a more desirable outcome than what happened. why the goverment just accept the fact that when 20+ terrorist go into a full school with heavy weapontry the outcome is not going to be good

[edit on 6-9-2004 by Strigoi]

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Sure, they want to world to have the impression that Russian special forces are behind such attacks.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 03:59 PM
link   
We werent there were we? Its easy to comment on the sidelines. It was a really difficult situation.

Its really easy to blame the special forces.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I agree with Ice^^Heat, it's easy for us in the West to criticise the Russians just because we're meant to have one of the best anti-terrorism units in the world but you need to understand that it was a chaotic situation where the civilians took matters into their own hands and the bombs being detonated.

When you're dealing with people who clearly don't value life anymore and are willing to blow themselves up along with hundreds of other people then you are dealing with a different kind of enemy, an enemy that may be more unpredictable and volatile.

I admit that maybe the Russian SpetzNatz and Army units could have done a few things differently. However since they all didn't have radio equipment and during heavy gunfire it's harder to communicate with one another. Yes maybe they should've had the right equipment, but maybe that has something to do with the financial situation in Russian than the special forces themselves who try to do the best with what limited equipment they have.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Its a shame that any blame is being shifted to the Russian special forces. The real blame should rest soley on the shoulders of the monsters that decided to take a building full of kids hostage.

Who were the people putting bullets into the backs of kids running for their lives? I can tell you it wasnt the Russian special forces.

[edit on 6-9-2004 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Any soldier (special or not) has tremendous pressure on him/her while rushing a building. Add that the enemy has childeren hostage, you'll have to make a decision in a nanosecond wether to shoot the enemy while risking hitting a child, or don't shoot allowing yourself to be killed.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
The real blame should rest soley on the shoulders of the monsters that decided to take a building full of kids hostage.

That is exactly correct!!! I really wonder why anyone would try to place the blame elsewhere. The actions of the terrorists to target children need to be condemed in the strongest possible terms.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 05:42 PM
link   
They don't blame the individual special forces but the entire system, which I would have to agree with. I mean Russia is plagued by corruption and all kinds of troubles, they can't even keep the gov't in good condition, let alone the special forces.

I think many people here commented without understanding what the writer is trying to say. But I agree the first ones to take the blame must be those damn terrorists.

I don't know if the Russians did the same thing to terrorists, but the terrorists shouldn't have taken hostage a school for god's sake.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I agree with those who say that blaming the Russians and their lack of readiness is wrong. The blame for the entire incident rests squarely on the shoulders of the islamic extremists.
They are barbarians and should be exterminated.
As for the terrorist the russians have in custody, they should run him through a meat grinder with a bunch of pigs... let's see if allah lets him in then...

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by bios
I agree with those who say that blaming the Russians and their lack of readiness is wrong. The blame for the entire incident rests squarely on the shoulders of the islamic extremists.
They are barbarians and should be exterminated.
As for the terrorist the russians have in custody, they should run him through a meat grinder with a bunch of pigs... let's see if allah lets him in then...

I think it would be appropriate if you would changed your name to biased.

top topics

join