It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After American Jewish Outcry, Israel Ends Ad Campaign Aimed at Expatriates

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

After American Jewish Outcry, Israel Ends Ad Campaign Aimed at Expatriates

ww w.nytimes.com

One video advertisement shows a Jewish elderly couple distraught that their Israeli granddaughter in the United States thinks Hanukkah is Christmas. Another shows a clueless American boyfriend who does not get why his Israeli expatriate girlfriend is saddened on Israel’s memorial day.

For many American Jews, the Israeli government-sponsored ads, intended to cajole Israelis living in the United States to come home, smacked of arrogance, ignorance and cultural disrespect of America. Jewish grou
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Don't call me Daddy, Call me Abba

What are your thoughts on this?
Why did the likud party make these ads?
What were their goals?

Also if anyone can find more video Ads please post them

Israeli officials defended the desire to encourage Israeli expatriates to return, but the reaction of American Jewry, a crucial mainstay of support for Israel, clearly caused alarm.

Is that it?
Only to fill more settlement expansions?

I'm guessing it's something more but I wouldn't be surprised if this was it

ww w.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I'm awfully glad to hear they got a dose of common sense and dropped this ad campaign. As someone who generally is on the side of seeing Israel live to see another sunrise each day, I find this kind of thing very frustrating. It's awfully hard to defend an entity when they are personally doing everything possible to infuriate the people they most need support from. Score one for common sense and decent Israeli's by this decision.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I don't think American Jews have any right to comment on racism in Israel.

Israel has a right to be racist.

Racism is a fundamental part of Zionism. How can Israel be a Jewish state if it can not make laws that are racially based and implement policies that are racially based?

I think it is anti-Semitic to deny Israel's right to practice racism.

Jewish Americans should instead focus on American issues like this one.

edit on 4-12-2011 by BRAVO949 because: spelling

edit on 4-12-2011 by BRAVO949 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by BRAVO949

I think since Israel denies Palestine the right to exist in peace and since arabs make up the majority of this planet's semites perhaps Israel is anti-semitic
Jewish people make up a very small percentage of the world's semites compared to arabs
And this is coming from someone who is no fan of Islam

You guys really need to look up what semitism is
If you want to know which group of people do not understand what semitism means I suggest you look at those who use the word anti-semitic the most
edit on 4-12-2011 by ModernAcademia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by BRAVO949

The following is a list of ancient Semitic peoples.
Akkadians — migrated into Mesopotamia in the 4th millennium BC and amalgamate with non-Semitic Mesopotamian (Sumerian) populations into the Assyrians and Babylonians of the Late Bronze Age.[4][5] The remnants of these people became the modern Assyrian Christians and Mandeans.
Eblaites — 23rd century BC
Chaldeans — appeared in southern Mesopotamia circa 1000 BC
Aramaeans — 16th to 8th century BC[6] / Akhlames (Ahlamu) 14th century BC[7]Remnants survive in modern Syria among the Christian population.
Ugarites, 14th to 12th centuries BC
Suteans - 14th Century BC
Canaanite language speaking nations of the early Iron Age:
Amorites — 20th century BC
Ammonites
Edomites
Hebrews/Israelites — founded the nation of Israel which later split into the Kingdoms of Israel and Judah. The remnants of these people became the Jews and the Samaritans.
Moabites
Phoenicians — founded Mediterranean colonies including Carthage. The remnants of these people became the modern Maronites.
Old South Arabian speaking peoples
Sabaeans of Yemen — 9th to 1st c. BC
Shebans
Ubarites
Maganites
Ethio-Semitic speaking peoples
Aksumites — 4th c. BC to 7th c. AD
Arabs, Old North Arabian speaking Bedouins
Gindibu's Arabs 9th c. BC
Qadar tribe 7th century BC
Lihyanites — 6th to 1st c. BC
Thamud people — 2nd to 5th c. AD
Ghassanids — 3rd to 7th c. AD
Nabataeans — adopted Arabic in the 4th century AD
Maltese

edit on 4-12-2011 by christina-66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
The goal of the ad campaign is to convince American Jews to move to Israel to "belong to their true home." It isn't aimed at all American Jews, however. This is who they are after

They can take them!

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by satron

Good lord, that video is terrifying.

If Obama wasn't just a puppet to Corporations and special interests he could end this whole Israel mess within 2 years. We hold the pursestrings here, and we also provide the miltary might that allows them to act like spoiled insolent children. Without the U.S. they get wiped off the map.

There is a peceful solution to this nonsense, but it requires compromise and adult thinking. Israel can exist, but not if it keeps going down this extremist road. In my humble opinion Zionists pervert their religion in the same way Muslim terrorists pervert Islam.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by satron

The world can do without radicals of all stripes.

I could have done without seeing that video. What a bunch of clowns on there.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Some humor posted on a similar thread;

www.abovetopsecret.com...

by the way, can someone interpret the Hebrew versions?

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by BRAVO949

You do do you? Well I don't allow you to define my anti-anything, and I don't support any of the BS they pull.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
So they're calling them home? Why? What do TPTB have planned at this point, what is there in revelations regarding Israel, because they've been working on agenda to make revelations come true.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
So they're calling them home? Why? What do TPTB have planned at this point, what is there in revelations regarding Israel, because they've been working on agenda to make revelations come true.

If they're being "called home",

what happens if they don't "go home"?

Do the "revelations" allow for variables?

Are there other "protocols"?

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Why did they make this video? I have a thought...

"Must preserve the master race.... must preserve the master race.... must preserve the master race".

Yes I know they are not a "race" but you get where my thinking is.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I am NOT pro antisemitism in the least. I have had, and continue to have questions about the United States relationship with Israel.
I recently put this on Einsteins and Idiots.

I truly do not get the degree of support we show them, from a monetary or military position.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Originally posted by BRAVO949

I think since Israel denies Palestine the right to exist in peace and since arabs make up the majority of this planet's semites perhaps Israel is anti-semitic
Jewish people make up a very small percentage of the world's semites compared to arabs
And this is coming from someone who is no fan of Islam

You guys really need to look up what semitism is
If you want to know which group of people do not understand what semitism means I suggest you look at those who use the word anti-semitic the most
edit on 4-12-2011 by ModernAcademia because: (no reason given)

Thankyou. For example, being of Maltese heritage I speak Europes only official Semitic language (derived from Northern African Arabic) and it is a far cry from Hebrew.

The words Semitic, Jewish and Israel are NOT synonymous.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Did anyone take notice of the magazine cover on the sleeping fathers chest in the second video?

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Theorytripper
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Did anyone take notice of the magazine cover on the sleeping fathers chest in the second video?

It looks like the World Trade Center !!!!

Pre-FF of course.

Or am I not looking at the right page?

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Bingo! It looks like a copy of the Economist 10 year anniversary of 911 issue. There's a number of ways you could read into why they would have that as a part of their advertisement.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Theorytripper
reply to post by xuenchen

Bingo! It looks like a copy of the Economist 10 year anniversary of 911 issue. There's a number of ways you could read into why they would have that as a part of their advertisement.

And none of those reasons are good.

This is skilled propaganda, every frame is important to the overall message.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join