It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War in the USA! Should the Hoarding of more than 7 days of any resource be outlawed?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Personal dislosure:

You might get a better discussion out of folks if you actually discuss matters that they are bringing up......Instead of policing your thread like some LA riot cop.

Personal dislosure: This is bull crap......100%

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

Explanation: Are you scared!

Personal dislosure:

You might get a better discussion out of folks if you actually discuss matters that they are bringing up......Instead of policing your thread like some LA riot cop.

Personal dislosure: This is bull crap......100%

Personal Disclosure: OL is willing to discuss anything that IS ON TOPIC OK! This thread is NOT a free for all!

It may be complete BS!

But you haven't contributed anything to that effect aside from your feelings which have no place where facts are concerned!

It's a propasal btw, not a law in effect!

And according to ATS T&C's I am directly responsible for this thread and so telling me to not police it shows me that you want to have the ability to act criminally!

You angry Bro?

If yes, is that because you have more than 7days worth of gold, foreign currency etc?

Please disclose!

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by MaxBlack

Explanation: Thanks for your reply! St*rred for the effort you made in posting!

Personal Disclosure: You bring up many points to do with food alone and also you address the current legislation voted on by the US senate both of which are very minor issues to do with this thread which covers far more important resources such as Gold and Bank savings etc!

I request you post, those very AWESOME points you make, to the threads provided for that in the OP! [if you haven't already]

I also request you consider the non food resources that I am including in my propasal and post about the hoarding issues surrounding them, in this thread!

Follow the Money!

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I don't think that this bill's purpose is to allow authorities to come into your home and sort through you cupboards and monitor you bank statements. I'm not defending this sort of legislation, but I feel you may need to interpret the words a little more abstractly. I think it's fairly obvious that this bill is an effort to boost homeland security and prevent terrorism. I'll give some hypothetical examples: 1. Imagine local law enforcement conducts a routine traffic stop on the driver of a rental moving truck. During the typical questioning it is discovered that the cargo is mostly food items, fuel, water etc. The driver may appear to be of middle eastern descent or just a plain ol' white guy. The driver does not posses a CDL (the size of the vehicle doesn't require one) and is not a commercial driver. The driver also does not have any commercial shipping documents. It becomes obvious this isn't a commercial operation of any sort. When asked where the driver is headed, he gives vague answers and seems standoffish. If this was just some guy who lives off the grid in the wilderness, a simple answer like "I live up in (X) and I go into (X) a couple times a year to get supplies, the officer would be satisfied and let the man go on his way. But, this driver seems nervous and the whole situation seems out of place. Local authorities consider that this man may be hauling supplies to an undiscovered terrorist training camp or possibly the compound of an extreme right wing religious sect based militia. This bill would allow detention of the driver for questioning to figure out what is really going on. 2. A local bank branch teller notices that a man with a thick foreign accent comes in to make a withdrawl, has nearly $100,000 in his account, almost all of which made it there through cash deposits at ATMs and small wire transfers. The branch manager calls the local police who come and do a quick background check on the man. They find that the man is a Pakistani national who is in the US on a student visa. Further investigation reveals that the man has no outward means of income. Tell me with a straight face that you wouldn't want to know why an individual like this has so much money and where it came from. 3. Suppose a man shows up to a local hospital emergency dept with a traumatic hand injury. Within minutes, it becomes apparent that this is not some sort of legitimate occupational injury(construction worker, factory worker, farmer etc). Doctors are legally required to alert law enforcement to gunshot wounds and stabbings. This man's injuries appear to be neither of those, but still seem suspicious. This bill would give the doctor grounds to contact authorities and give the authorities the power to investigate an incident that doesn't scream illegal, but seems quite suspicious. I think this bill is more of an effort to allow profiling of individuals based on circumstantial signs and motivated by individual judgement of situations. There are just far too many people in this country to think that "they" are going to be monitoring your purchases at the grocery store. If you have a solid explanation as to where your fingers went, you're not going to end up in Gitmo. I'm totally not expecting to experience a night time raid on my kitchen so agents can count how many cans of green beans and soup I have.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

My family has taken a page from the LDS church and we make sure we have a minimum of 6 months food stores.

So *thhhhbbbppptttt*
Just try to lock me up!

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Explanation: So what? This thread is NOT just about FOOD as there are many other threads [linked in the OP] on that issue!

Please take the debate on FOOD up in those threads ok!

Personal Disclosure: This thread is more about those Hoarding Gold and Foriegn currencies etc!

It IS about THE MONEY!!!

Personal Disclosure: Now if you have 6+ months worth of gold etc. HOARDED ... OL would be very interested in reading what you have to post about that in relation to the proposal that I am currently promoting via this thread!

And the proposal says nothing about locking anybody up at all and clearly recommends that those EXCESS assets be confiscated by the Federal Governement!

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Hey OL!

I agree with you on many fronts. The hoarding law is ridiculous. However, I do not agree with the $250/person plan. I happen to be saving up for retirement, and have several thousand dollars stored away. Does that put me into federal suspicion? If I had a child, what about their college plan?

I think that, instead, we should simply delete any hoarding laws at all. They are encroaching unto our personal rights and liberties.

Just my two cents,
Seraph

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by seraphnb

Explanation: St*rred!

I am so glad you disagree with my EXTREME proposal as I myself couldn't SURVIVE let alone live on $250 per week with no other assets at all!

Personal Disclosure: There is FAIR and then there is FAIRLY STUPID! I think my proposal qualifies for the 2nd!

Still I bring it to the attention of my fellow members for discussion!

Thanks for your reply and the very needed thread bump!

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

well thats me in trouble then because i only shop once a month . the only things that i buy daly or by the week is mags and news papers

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaLogos
reply to post by horseplay

Explanation: Thanks for your reply!

If one is only willing to help themself out then IMO they are not partaking in society and in fact are a parasite feeding upon that society and parasites during a time of WAR are clearly a present and dangerous liability!

Isn't a time of war the time to band together and help one another out by sharing the pain and suffering?

Or what the hell is the War being fought for .. or more precisely WHO is UNFAIRLY benefiting from it?

Personal Disclosure: This thread IS COMPLETELY 100% about the SOCIALIZATION of the USA's economic pain and suffering during a WAR on the homesoil ok!

Capitalism and self interest have NO place here!

edit on 4-12-2011 by OmegaLogos because: Edited to add 'unfairly' for clarity.

Now any resource can be swapped for food and viceversa and this would enable the rich to outlive the poor and thats just not fair [when all the currency that made them rich was FAKE fiated funny money to begin with]!!!

not so.
good hearted people will help each other. those with access will share if they have their heart in the right place.
I'm not canning and deep freezing for my own personal gains, if the SHTF I'll be more than happy to spread what I have, there is always more running the woods and more to grow come summer.
I think the 'rich' will suffer and the poor and middle class will pull together. There must be an effort on all levels
for survival, the country folk aren't just gonna give stuff to the elite for fun. there must be a happy medium to ensure survival...
We are all people sharing the same earth. We'll have to pull together to survive...... or not.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
The rich definitely have more than 7 days worth of resources. [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/60608f475375.gif[/atsimg]

I say we round up all those suspected terrorists and ship them down to Guantanamo for constant water-boarding until they give up their evil terrorist scheme.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
north americas best defensive weapon is the gun behind everyblade of grass...which requires food water ammo shelter and other sundry items

INVENTORY!

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllUrChips
impossible to enforce and lets just see them try
They dont stand a chance

They aint gonna lock you up, they will probably just fine you so they can make money off you. locking people up costs money and you lose that money, but if you fine people you can make money.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenofsheba
Then I'm an outlaw because I've canned my veggies from my garden and have a year's supply of tomato sauce? Give me a ticket, come arrest me....the Veggie Outlaw, that's me. Ridiculous!

they call me.....tater salad

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Pretty much impossible to police a limit of 7 days of resources, especially for those folks who have gardens and can/freeze the excess that they don't eat right away. Some folks even do cash transactions or barter for food and have a lot more than a single week stocked, I think I'm up to nearly three months worth of food now
Honestly this sounds like another waste of space by Congress when they could be addressing real issues like the failing economy, piss-poor foreign policy and domestic unrest across the nation.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
No I have about 30 days of food always on hand, and I don't plan on letting my family starve. I will move out of the U.S. if these ridiculous laws keep being in question. This is scary, I feel like I am under control.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Having 7 days worth of food in ones home is not "hoarding." That's what most people have on hand after a normal trip to the grocery store. So, no, it should not be outlawed. I know people who could probably survive for months on what they have stashed in their basements because they can, freeze and save stuff from their gardens each year. Even this should not be outlawed. I would like to say more about this whole thing but that would take me off topic so I'll end it here.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
When the SHTF, no doubt some communities will try to enforce some variation of a "hoarding" law. I think a law like that is morally wrong and any attempted enforcement would no doubt "end badly" for those involved.

By preparing and storing supplies ahead of time, these folks will not need to run to Wal*Mart at the last moment after the balloon does go up. This will leave MORE supplies available for those that wait until the last minute.

p.s. What does "a weeks worth of gold" mean? I've not eaten a single ounce, ever.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Doubt it will pass but then again many things have passed I would have doubted a few years ago. This is another one of those laws that would be in place for when they need it. It could not be enforced right now and would cause massive revolt if enforced. However in some SHTF scenario they would use it to justify confiscating goods and rounding up citizens etc. along with all the other laws and EO's they have passed over the years that most people do not know about.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Well we should do a check on the govt DUMBS and any one in control, should be locked up and any stored goods be returned to the people. This has to be some kind of joke. How can they pass a law like this? I think its time for the people of the USA to kick these bums in the govt, under the bus. Thank god I live in the UK. Because if I was state side, I would be in jail with the rest of those OWs protestors.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join