It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Banned from CNN

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I was just banned from posting on CNN's site after trying to reply to a post on this story:
How climate change has affected your favorite landscapes

edition.cnn.com...

My comment was this- in full:

Oh yea..it's all just mother nature. It's just normal..nothing to see here... just get used to it... blah blah blah.

You know it won't be long till the Petroleum companies will have to admit to their part in climate change and the fact they have lied about it for over a decade. Just like the Tobacco companies were finally forced to admit the cancer connection after lying about it.

A New Record: 14 U.S. Billion-Dollar Weather Disasters in 2011
thinkprogress.org...

Munich Re: “The only plausible explanation for the rise in weather-related catastrophes is climate change”

A year of deadly record-smashing weather extremes from Nashville to Moscow, from the Amazon to Pakistan, ended with staggering deluges from California — “Rainfall records weren’t just broken, they were obliterated” — to Australia:More than a year’s rain fell in Carnarvon in just 24 hours this week. A monsoonal low hovering over the Gascoyne dumped a 24-hour record 204.8mm, smashing the previous record of 119.4mm set on March 24, 1923.

NASA reported that it was the hottest ‘meteorological year’ [December to November] on record and likely to be the hottest calendar year.

Uber-meteorologist and former NOAA Hurricane hunter Dr. Jeff Masters of Weather Underground reported, “The year 2010 now has the most national extreme heat records for a single year–nineteen.thinkprogress.org...

Do you see a violation of the TOS here? I don't.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
you should be proud.
i was banned from the prison planet forum for questioning a mod who kept just talking out his ass.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I was banned from The Huffington Post

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Stratus9

You got banned because it is a commentary section, CNN doesn't have forums therefore you not allowed to post any links.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I am banned from CNN, CBC, CTV, The Sun, and might even get banned from the community I helped create by speaking truths.
You know your doing something right when you can be civil in your response and garner something uncivilized.
edit on 4-12-2011 by EspyderMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Most "news" sites moderate their posts and allow maybe one or two differing viewpoint posts and remove all the rest. They do NOT like to have posts that contradict their articles. Leave the sheeple sites alone, you will never win. I posted on the daily mail site when they were going on about Libya long before it had escalated. All the posts were saying how terrible he was, Lockerbie bombing, etc, ad nauseum. They did not allow my post, which offered nothing but a different viewpoint. I told them to close my account and I moved on. The grip of the media is a tight one.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dillon123

You got banned because it is a commentary section, CNN doesn't have forums therefore you not allowed to post any links.

There were links from others in the posts I was replying to.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver
Most "news" sites moderate their posts and allow maybe one or two differing viewpoint posts and remove all the rest. They do NOT like to have posts that contradict their articles. Leave the sheeple sites alone, you will never win......

The story was purported to be about how climate change has affected landscapes. It wasn't in contradiction to the article- but in contradiction to the person I was replying to - who is a denier.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by EspyderMan

Thank you. I appreciate your outlook.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Never been Banned...

its the "use" of language, to communicate, that promotes discussion..

it is the "Abuse" of language, while trying to communicate, that Ends all debates..

speaking & writing - are tools-- nothing more..

with a precise wit and a sharp mind, one can Whittle down an ignorant__ issue/idea/opinion/ETC..

with a loud voice and a shot-gun mouth, YELLING ALL THE TIME,, nothing Ever gets solved, we never get to change another's mind, and it makes a reasonable, thoughtful, (dare i say, passionate) opinion look Stupid or worse, Abusive...

words are tools
like cars.. like hammers,, like a doctors scalpel ...like paint brushes,,

use them well,, and enjoy the world coming to your door..
use them sloppily, and you cant get out of the house..

or something like that..

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Hmm..you mean you believe in the Global Warming thing? (Caused by humans I mean)
ETA Regardless of your views, I see no violation in your post. Carry on

edit on 4/12/11 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Dillon123

Yep, I got banned from several MSM sites, CNN included, because I accidentally posted links. They have a hard time dealing with spammers, so posting a link = instant ban.

Take your post and rephrase it without the links and you'll be okay.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
My old ip address got banned from glp even though I have never posted on there and only ever looked at that site a handful of times.
I am still puzzled as to how this happened, the only thing I can think of is I once posted here about glp and used the little symbol that's getting sick.. But how they got my ip?
I did email them about 6 times and only ever received a generic email telling me I was banned. No explanation or any personal message..

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon
My old ip address got banned from glp even though I have never posted on there and only ever looked at that site a handful of times.
I am still puzzled as to how this happened, the only thing I can think of is I once posted here about glp and used the little symbol that's getting sick.. But how they got my ip?
I did email them about 6 times and only ever received a generic email telling me I was banned. No explanation or any personal message..

That's because the guy running that forum now is psychotic/schizophrenic. Don't take it personally.
I used to help Kent Steadman pay his bills - and after he passed on (God bless 'im) I got banned too - multiple times - by the new owner.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by darrman

It's not like that. Posting their you know you cannot use colorful language or be insulting to others, nor start debates. Making statements that are based on facts results in bans, often for me. I work very hard to communicate effectively without insult when I deem necessary.

Most time I refute the story or offer an alternative due to the misinformation of posters, next thing I know I am unable to post unless I go to a new workstation and use a new username of course. By then I don't bother, anyone who censors people for nothing more then speaking the truth I realize it's a wall you cannot take down yourself and move on. They don't deserve the truth as I know it.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

i stared and flagged this because i think it is a good example of the control of information and spread of false opinion for the masses, all due to the control of media and news outlets by 'the powers that be'..

i once joined CNN because i was tired of seeing the biased and blatantly untrue articles concerning the cannabis plant, in general, and it's medicinal value. i believed the articles and reports i saw every now and then were pushing to influence the reader the same unscientific lies and propoganda brainwash to keep what is known to be the cure for cancer, among other things, illegal. so i joined to post my factual based opinions in response to the articles. after less than a half dozen tries to respond to articles in comment boxes ( the comments must be approved before they are posted ) none of my comments EVER made it to the comment list on any of the articles. i considered they obviously did not want any factual evidence to go against their propaganda run lies and it was a waste of time to talk to a wall. perhaps we share the same fustration!

i hope you continue to reach the truth out to further places, thanks for the post detailing your experience
edit on 12/4/2011 by indigothefish because: misspelling edit

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stratus9

Originally posted by Misterlondon

That's because the guy running that forum now is psychotic/schizophrenic. Don't take it personally.
I used to help Kent Steadman pay his bills - and after he passed on (God bless 'im) I got banned too - multiple times - by the new owner.

But how they banned my ip when I never posted there or even became a member is beyond me??
As I said maybe it was the comment I made here, but how would they get my ip address from ATS??

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

They do 'blanket' IP bans over there and if your IP is in the range - you get banned too.

That's part of the insanity of it all.

top topics

join