It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Great Idea for a Children's TV Show

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
so basically the idea is that a kid needs to learn how to do something
(be sure to read to the second post!)

FIRST> The kid has some problem that he/she doesn't know how to do.

SECOND> The parent or caregiver isn't able to help the kid and leaves the scene.

THIRD> A flying mechanical "bug" flies on scene and transmits the kid's situation and problem to a spy satelite

FOURTH> A Special Agent shows up to help the kid solve the problem.

FIFTH> Kid is happy and thanks the Special Agent!

Easy enough... take a look at the next post!

edit on 4-12-2011 by Thermo Klein because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Does that seem like an insane, NWO propaganda flick??

Well, it's already here!!

Disney's Special Agent Oso follows the exact steps posted in the OP in nearly EVERY episode!

Every episode starts with some kid who needs help. The parent always has some reason she can't help the kid and leaves. The kid gets sad. Most episodes have the flying bug that transmits to a satelite. Then Special Agent Oso (the unique stuffed bear) flies in a window or something and teaches the kid to do the thing his/her parent wouldn't help with.

As a nice little added benefit, the kid is always in some non-American country but INEVITABLY looks American and speaks perfect English (with no accent). For example his name might by Hiroshi and he lives in Japan but he looks American with big round eyes, no accent, but has black hair.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I fully recognize there will be a small percentage of people who NEVER recognize anything nefarious in our TV shows and will call me all sorts of names and diagnose me with various Psychological issues...

I AM a Psychologist, with Bachelor's and Master's Degrees in Psychology.

Somebody chose to create this scenario and make a kid helpless, and have that kid turn to a higher authority. They provide that higher authority as our Government with spy satelites, and computer rooms watching the kid. Big Brother in the perfect sense of the phrase.

Take it as you like but I think this is scary. A show aimed at 4-year-old kids, training them to look to Big Brother for assistance.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Thermo Klein

Just when I thought children's television couldn't get worse. First off, I just wanted to say I like the way you presented the material. Second, just think we should all say, "thanks big brother". Isn't he just so helpful.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by notquiteright

Thank you.

I have a (almost) four-year-old daughter so I see a fair amount of TV shows. We limit her viewing but do use TV for educational purposes in many ways.

One show I highly recommend is Ni Hao Kai Lan; it really addresses feelings and behaviors and how to communicate those to friends and adults. Most kids shows, especially on NickTunes are immensely better than what I watched as a kid. Even some on Disney are pretty good but this Agent Oso is just unbelievable...

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
I think children's shows can often show us the direction we are headed. It's the conditioning of the youngest members of society. I was never a GI Joe fan, but back when the cartoon aired in the mid 80s, we were still in the cold war. The cartoon didn't reflect that, though. He didn't fight any" government", he was at war with cobra, a terrorist organization. Looks like we were prepped for today.

Ugh. Typing on this phone is no fun.
edit on 4-12-2011 by notquiteright because: phone auto mistake

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I'm a little surprised something like this doesn't get more attention on ATS... a TV show for four-year-olds built around the idea that some outside spy agency will be there when your parents won't. Kind of a big deal in my opinion.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I watched a lot of the video and found it instructive and informative. Nothing really offended me. The kid wasn't "sad", the mother HAD to change the baby's diaper. Many of us go to the net for instruction and news. Our schools and ourselves teach our children this. There are several children's tv shows which show assistance via someone other than a parent. I will watch again. Although this video didn't display it, is this what is bothering you?

Quote from you:

"As a nice little added benefit, the kid is always in some non-American country but INEVITABLY looks American and speaks perfect English (with no accent). For example his name might by Hiroshi and he lives in Japan but he looks American with big round eyes, no accent, but has black hair."

p.s. Thanks for adding to my vocabulary. I have never heard the word "nefarious" and had to look it up.

edit on 5-12-2011 by Gridrebel because:

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
it bothers me when we start to see it show up in the most unsuspecting of places like it was placed on purpose with a designed goal and intention in mind.

"its all part of the plan" lol WTF

written by top secret psychologists within the military apparatus?

or some guy out of college (secretly top secret psychologist??)

i've had the thought before that a lot of movies and tv was written by undercover agents posing as writers to design the public's subconscious on a diverse range of topics, ultimately written by miltary psychologists as I have an unspoken belief we live in a domesticated military society where "you're either with us or against us" mentality lives

of course, just paranoid babble to some, and I don't lend my entire weight behind the idea, but it has popped up from time to time when watching something peculiar.
edit on 4-12-2011 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-12-2011 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I watched the beginning again and yes, it is kind of weird that he is being spied upon. I guess we can consider this "conditioning" to the presence of cameras and surveillance continually assaulting us.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Gridrebel

I don't know if "sad" is always how the kid seems but looking at the specific behaviors would indicate such... kid is always shown alone, unable to do the task and not trying (helpless), and usually with head down.

The alleged diversity isn't a big deal really. It could be argued that showing people from other countries in a relatable way is a positive, rather than what I consider a negative. That's not what is bothering me.

What is bothering me is the idea that in the show the kid is always being watched and they're not getting help from some local caring person like a teacher or care-giver, they're being helped by some automated, spy-ish computer center. As our children watch things they form a meme or "norm" about things - in this case the norm being created for our children is that they are being watched and their situation is being sent off to some spy satelite and computer center. Also modeled is the parent (in EVERY episode) is unable to help them for whatever random reason (changing diaper, leaving for airport, going to work, etc)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Thermo Klein

Hi, Thermo Klein.

I did not look your video yet, but I am quite sure you are right. . .
Before I see the video, I want to ask :

Do you receive PBS TV, where you live?
If so, what do you think of it ?

If so, do they show "PBS kids" programs ?
If so, do you let your kid watch them ?

I love PBS, because they DO NOT have to please the sponsers,
they have to please us-the-viewers ! ! !

Blue skies.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by C-JEAN

I receive PBS where I live and think most of it is awesome.

I sometimes wonder why some of the major contributors are elite familes though

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
it paints a helluva picture of 'the powers that be 'then as 'special agent bozo' (my pet name for this abomination of kids TV) seems unable to do anything no matter how simple without assistance...I doubt he could even find his backside with both hands and a map. Espeially when you take into account the fact that in the episodes its the kids who often find solutions for him.

So if I was the powers that be funding a propaganda excersise like this I'd actualy be a bit miffed that it paints such a dim picture of those inn a position of authority lol.

Wayne...

top topics

join