It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HERMAN CAIN: 'I Am Suspending My Presidential Campaign'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Republican candidate Herman Cain just announced ... he is suspending his Presidential campaign -- effectively dropping out of the race.

Cain made the announcement moments ago in a news conference in Atlanta -- claiming he is making the decision "because of the continued distraction, the continued hurt, caused on me and my family" by recent sexual harassment allegations.

Cain said, “I am at peace with my God. I am at peace with my wife, and she is at peace with me.”

Cain said he will soon be announcing his endorsement of another candidate.

www.tmz.com...
Dont discredit TMZ. They broke the MJ death story before NBC/CBS/CNN + lots of 2008 Presidential Campaign stories in 2008.

news.yahoo.com...

How that he has the media's attention, I can see him starting a seperate "movement" upon Washington.
This was all planned from the start... No secrets can be kept if you're running for Prez.
edit on 3-12-2011 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
This is good news, now his misguided followers will have to be absorbed by another candidate, who will they go to? If they were bad enough to pick cain, they may go to newt. I am hoping that Ron Paul gets them.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Translated version of Cain's long-winded, pompous speech:

I got caught giving my money to my secret, extra-marital girlfriend and now no one wants to give me theirs.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
All I can say is...... Thank goodness. I watched the "farewell" speech and I can honestly say I have never seen a more un-compelling 15 minutes of wind in my life. See ya pal.

I only wish he had taken Rick Perry with him........................
edit on 3-12-2011 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
No worries about the source. It is, after all, on every major news network right now.

We all saw it coming. No surprise. I feel bad for the guy regarding all of the allegations, but allegations or not - He never seem qualified in the first place... So now the question is: Which candidate will get Cain's support? Which one currently has a plan that most closely reflects his "9-9-9" special? We do know of one man who's plan to cut up to five departments is the boldest yet, however...

Remember that only one other candidate has claimed to hear the word of the lord, or claimed God has caused recent disasters to occur. Yes, Bachmann. Will she be the one to get his support? Will Cain wise up and support Ron Paul? Or will he sell out and support Romney/Gingrich? Only time will tell. Or God.

Disclaimer: This is not an attempt to steer the news of Cain's decision to drop out of the race into a debate or topic of Religion.
edit on 3-12-2011 by Sek82 because: correction

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
hmmm, Martin Luther King, and Jack Kennedy come to mind, but oh well.

Another one bites the dust.

Did he not think the women would come forward?

I wonder how much they paid them? Especially his mistress that he bought and paid for, the money train must have run out.

Maybe he really was only trying to sell his book after all.
edit on 013131p://bSaturday2011 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
here's the other-side-of-the-coin...

sure he is 'suspending' his active role ---right now---

but wait until the matching dollar campaign funding gets underway...

bet-cha he throws his hat in the ring once again... to get ahold of the several Million$ in matching funds for participating candidates

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
hmmm, Martin Luther King, and Jack Kennedy come to mind, but oh well.

Another one bites the dust.

Did he not think the women would come forward?

I wonder how much they paid them? Especially his mistress that he bought and paid for, the money train must have run out.

Maybe he really was only trying to sell his book after all.
edit on 013131p://bSaturday2011 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

I forgot to add Clinton.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
here's the other-side-of-the-coin...

sure he is 'suspending' his active role ---right now---

but wait until the matching dollar campaign funding gets underway...

bet-cha he throws his hat in the ring once again... to get ahold of the several Million$ in matching funds for participating candidates

I think he is sticking around for a VP slot.

Notice he said - suspend -not quit.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Yep, confirmed... He is 'suspending' his campaign:

Herman Cain announced on Saturday that he is suspending his campaign for the Republican presidential nomination.

The news comes in the wake of Cain being accused of having an extramarital affair and sexual harassment charges from more than a decade ago resurfacing. The former CEO of Godfather's Pizza has vehemently denied any wrongdoing amid the controversy.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

To be honest, I don't see why he took this move? I see no evidence that these accusations of sexual misconduct or harrasment impacted on his campaign at all. His supporters still remained his supporters, most conservatives from my experience were denying any relevance to these charges. In anycase, maybe the pressure was too much for him to take? I mean if he can't even handle the consequences or pressures on running a campaign, then it's probably a good thing ends his campaign, because he certainly can't handle the heat. And no, I don't buy the fact he just 'suspended' his campaign because his chances are all but gone now after this move of his.
edit on 3-12-2011 by Southern Guardian because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Expect to see Herman Cain getting a syndicated radio show. That was the aim to start with. He was Neal Bortz fill in host for a while. This was all meant to boost his profile and bring in some new ratings. He was hoping it would earn him a public profile and raise his income potential.

Call me a cynic.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeNice81

Expect to see Herman Cain getting a syndicated radio show. That was the aim to start with. He was Neal Bortz fill in host for a while. This was all meant to boost his profile and bring in some new ratings. He was hoping it would earn him a public profile and raise his income potential.

Call me a cynic.

I never saw Herman Cain as a serious contender, I mean he had support, but he wasn't a serious contender for the presidential position. I would not think though that his aim was to boost his opportunities to run his own radio show something like this. I though maybe, by the least, he was aiming to make a name for himself in politics, possibly a futures governors position? Becoming a senator? I mean if his pure aim is to get fame onto the media, then I must say, his supporters really were ripped off.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian
To be honest, I don't see why he took this move?

Really?

In a word, money.

His poll numbers are down and the money is drying up.

Anyone who has ever heard his radio show in ATL knows full well the man was in no way ready or capable of being president. This whole thing as been a farce to sell books and further his media career, as Mike alluded to..

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack

Originally posted by Southern Guardian
To be honest, I don't see why he took this move?

Really?

In a word, money.

His poll numbers are down and the money is drying up.

Anyone who has ever heard his radio show in ATL knows full well the man was in no way ready or capable of being president. This whole thing as been a farce to sell books and further his media career, as Mike alluded to..

I agree with you to some degree on his prospects of the presidency being a farce. I don't think he was a serious contender to the presidency, just a gimmick to bring attention to the GOP races. That being said, all this to boost his radio career? Was this all worth it for him??

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeNice81

Call me a cynic.

Maybe he will join the five on fox,

God I hate that show.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

I think he is sticking around for a VP slot.

Notice he said - suspend -not quit.

exactly !!!

glad you caught the inferred bottom line too. A suspension only says he is temporarily not active... but he did not 'remove' himself from some level of consideration...or 'quit' as you point out

these nefarious politicians and mega-corp CEOs...they think we are all dummies

Call me a cynic.

Add me to that cynic list of yourself (declared)....

these guys/gals ain't 'leaders'
they are opportunists for $$ instead of ideologies
edit on 3-12-2011 by St Udio because: quotes/spacing

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
All I can say is thank goodness, it's about time.

Couldnt stand him, what a fool.

Now he'll go the palin route as a reality star.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
This is all very humorous to me.

So let me make sure I understand this correctly....

God spoke to Herman Cain and told him to run for President. So did God tell him to drop out also? If not, why is he disobeying God?

Or is he just really full of crap?

I think it is the latter

edit on 3-12-2011 by MrWendal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

I think it was a bit of hubris that did him in. If he was paying off his ex-mistress, he probably thought he was in the clear. Allegations of sexual misconduct and harassment din't stop Clarence Thomas or Bill Clinton. He probably didn't think it would stop him. He even had the Koch brothers behind him. He probably thought he had the money behind him to keep hushing it up.

Hubris is usually the folly that unravels people like Cain. I think he believed he could keep the skeletons in the closet until he got knocked out in the primaries. He probably thought that guys like Newt and Romney would catch the flack. His plan was to sail through and fall out early. Then he could pitch his disenfranchised right wing underdog bit for increased "credibility" on the radio. When his campaign picked up steam he stuck his neck out and started showing up every where. He drew too much attention and somebody decided to take him out.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
He also just announced that he will be moving his entire family to "Ubekibekibekistan."

Gonna miss the laughs Herman!

top topics

join