It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Comical Ali' Proves Too Popular Online

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2003 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Billed as a "comical view of history's funniest straight man", the Mohammed Saeed al-Sahhaf site has apparently proved so popular that its creators said they were forced to take it offline.

As well as listing his many soundbites, www.welovetheiraqiinformationminister.com... pictured al-Sahhaf on the Star Wars Death Star, at the Battle of Waterloo and at the D-Day landings - still maintaining that everything was just fine.

www.ananova.com...

But they say it will be back up within a day!

[Edited on 4-11-2003 by William One Sac]

posted on Apr, 11 2003 @ 05:38 PM
link   
It must be back up already, they give you an alternate link that takes you to the site. One of my favorites is when he calls the US a "superpower of Al Capones".

I'm impressed by his knowledge of our history of mobsters.

posted on Apr, 11 2003 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I love that in one of his speeches that I saw, he was saying the American's weren't even close to Baghdad or something, and if you looked carefully at the video you could see tanks rolling by in the backround. He's also known as Baghdad Bob.

posted on Apr, 11 2003 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I was kind of disappointed to find out Bagdad Bob was on the "killer deck of cards" that was given to the troops. He was the best part of my day when I watched the news!

I honestly hope that they bring him to the US. He has to have some kind of fortitude to be able to make those statements with a straight face. I think he could make a living easily in this country doing public relations or sales.... if he could pull that off on TV, he could sell anything!

posted on Apr, 12 2003 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I am sad to hear he is on that deck too, and that he did not show up for work. He was my comical relief for the war. Man I love that website, thanks WOS!

posted on Apr, 12 2003 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Too Funny!!!

-- Current Quote of the Day, 4/12 --

No, MSS did not surface again yesterday. However we did hear that he was fortunate enough to have been honored with the inclusion of his increasingly popular image in the "Death Pack" of cards distributed to coalition forces.

posted on Apr, 12 2003 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I feel you guys' pain. My wife and I were hoping the poor fellow could get a job with CNN, or at least the DNC over here since his job position over there is likely to be cut.

new topics

top topics

join