It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

101 Last Days Prophecies Jim Tetlow BK review

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
The following is an interesting book on my Kindle that I'm slowly reading through.

He has collected 101 Last Days Biblical Prophecies together and presented them in a brief, very readable way.

Here's his website for such prophecies and similar discussions:

www.eternal-productions.org...

The sampling I'd like to share are these:

#
2) [ref 2 Peter 2:1-2] These false prophets would be money hungry, smooth talkers (2 Peter 2:3). A growing number of TV evangelists epitomize this. They twist the Scriptures, using misleading words to make merchandise of the unwary.

3) The Christian gospel would be preached as a witness to all nations (Matthew 24:14; Mark 13:10; Revelation 14:6). Today portions or all of the Bible have been translated into over 2400 languages and dialects covering over 90% of the world's population.

4) Global communications foreseen (Revelation 11:9-10; 17:8). The Bible prophesies that the entire world will "see" cetain events unfold. The invention of the television and the deployment of global satellite networks during the 20th century allow news to travel the world at the speed of light for the first time ever. Remember that in the apostle John's day, news traveled at the speed of horseback.

Revelation 11:9-10

New Living Translation (NLT)
9 And for three and a half days, all peoples, tribes, languages, and nations will stare at their bodies. No one will be allowed to bury them. 10 All the people who belong to this world will gloat over them and give presents to each other to celebrate the death of the two prophets who had tormented them.

6) The use of nuclear weapons anticipated (Zechariah 14:12). The neutron bomb melts (dissolves) its victims--just as God warned 2500 years ago . . . This was unimaginable in Zechariah's day.

Zechariah 14:12:
New Living Translation (©2007)
And the LORD will send a plague on all the nations that fought against Jerusalem. Their people will become like walking corpses, their flesh rotting away. Their eyes will rot in their sockets, and their tongues will rot in their mouths.

8) The Antichrist would use (false) peace to destroy many (Daniel 8:23-25) . . .

10) Damascus would be destroyed (Isaiah 17; Jeremiah 49:23-27; Amos 1:3-5; Zechariah 9:1-8). . . .

=============================================

I find Bro Tetlow's super brief presentations of each of the 101 End times prophecies to be very down to earth and not pontifical, not dryly intellectual or thick with scholarly fluff. He uses language common to cowboys in the American Southwest, imho.

He also doesn't belabor each one with endless proof texts and argumentative evidence.

He simply lays each one out with a few sentences of amplification, explanation or commentary and moves on to the next one.

In some respects, the whole book is like a brief index to the 101 prophecies.

Folks who are looking for an in-depth treatment of each prophecy with lengthy proofs for each one's validity would likely be disappointed.

His website is interesting and appears to have a number of articles, audio and video treatments of the vast area of END TIMES Biblical prophecies, events, evidence etc. I haven't made time to read extensively there but what I've read has been edifying.

I guess that's about it . . . let the naysayers spew, fume, fuss and fling! Let the games begin.

edit on 3/12/2011 by BO XIAN because: add giffs

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Wow more Christian garbage. Let's make vague prose and call it prophetic divination...I don't think so.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Very interesting. I intend to check out that site today. It looks like there is alot of information on there. As you can tell from my quoted signature, I do believe that we are very near the end times, and so bible prophecy is of great interest to me.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by RightWingAvenger

Sooooo . . . your hostility to Christianity began at what age and due to what influences?

Are you hostile to all prophetic sources . . . even occultish?

Or are you a pseudo RELIGION OF SCIENTISM pseudo-super rationalist?

The Scriptures are rather clear and specific. You have no explanation for their accuracy to our time era when Israel became a Nation again in a day rather precisely as prophesied.

Rationalizations may help you feel more comfortable in your philosophy and cosmology.

They don't have much to do with truth.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by britelite1971

INDEED.

Isaac Newton was one sharp cookie.

I don't know if folks know that the latter years of his life he spent virtually all of his time in studying the Bible.

He was convinced, BTW, that there was some END TIMES stuff encoded in the Bible. I think he felt in Daniel, IIRC.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by BO XIAN

INDEED.

Isaac Newton was one sharp cookie.

I don't know if folks know that the latter years of his life he spent virtually all of his time in studying the Bible.

He was convinced, BTW, that there was some END TIMES stuff encoded in the Bible. I think he felt in Daniel, IIRC.

Yeah, I watched a show on the History channel about him once. It's been awhile since I saw it, but I remember that. It seems like it said that he thought that the end would happen in 2060 or somewhere around there. To me, I don't think it will be near that long....but then I'm not Einstein or Isaac Newton.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

I can't see it taking that long, either.

Though I suppose technically, only one individual born when Israel became a nation again in a day in 1948 has to be alive when all those related prophecies come to fulfillment.

Nevertheless, so many of the curves of change have a peaking point well before 2060. The globalists certainly would like to have things wrapped up and the population reduced to 200 million globally well before then!

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

I think DAMASCUS being slated for destruction is one of the most significan Biblical prophetic mile-posts that we have still pending on the near horizon.

Preterists, Replacementarians et al who contend that . . . essentially . . . more or less all the END TIMES Biblical prophecies occurred in 70 A.D. have always demonstrated a gross lack of logic and enormous degrees of cluelessness. However to contend that Damascus was destroyed then never to be lived in again would be utter idiocy. So, they kind of slip and slide around that one.

Nevertheless, the puzzle pieces are increasingly fitting into place for Damascus' utter and thorough destruction just as The Bible declares.

Here's some links from Jim Tetlow's website on that item of the 101 items:

WHEN will Damascus be destroyed?

----

ISRAEL Destroys Damascus, Then Russia Invades by Bill Salus
at Rapture Ready:

www.raptureready.com...

--------

Jerusalem Post:

IDF fears terrorists ready for next Sinai border attack

www.jpost.com...

--------------------------------

Israel to Syria: Use chem weapons & we'll wipe you off the map.

www.nydailynews.com...

-------------------------------------------

Prophesied destruction of Damascus Imminent?

Hal Lindsey

www.wnd.com...

------------

Fury as Netanyahu confirms Syria strike

www.independent.co.uk...

-----------------

Israel Thwarted Syria's Plan to Attack

Info life TV from Israel

www.infolive.tv...

Israel Thwarted Syria's Plan to Attack 2

www.infolive.tv...

--------------------------------

LAMB AND LION MINISTRIES

THE LAND OF ISRAEL--TO WHOM DOES IT BELONG?

DR DAVID R REAGAN

www.lamblion.com...

------------------------

Hamas Escalates Attacks AS Israel Turns Sixty

May 2008 ddolan.com News from Israel

www.ddolan.com...

------------------

Jewish World Review Mar 16 2007

As Syria Prepares for War

www.jewishworldreview.com...

----------------------------------

edit on 4/12/2011 by BO XIAN because: correcting a phrase

edit on 4/12/2011 by BO XIAN because: gifs

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Here's some links from/related to the earlier prophecies from the 101 posted above:

From prophecy numbered:

1. FALSE BIBLE TEACHERS, CULTS
an INDEX of cults:

www.cults.co.nz...

I have not viewed many of the pages. What I have scanned seems reasonably kosher in terms of description and perspective. I suspect there'd be some assertions I'd quibble with out of so much info.

2. FALSE PROPHETS
There's a number of links re the GOSPEL OF GREED.

And, it's a serious problem. However, I don't like the broad brush used on some folks. The Bible does indicate that following God, walking close to God results in tangible blessings compared to those who don't. Nevertheless, there are those who seem to walk very close to God and still live in extreme poverty. I don't have a brilliant explanation other than that I'm utterly convinced that the poverty folks walking close to God will have great eternal wealth for their suffering.

3. THE CHRISTIAN GOSPEL PREACHED IN ALL THE WORLD BEFORE CHRIST RETURNS

--GROWTH OF SCRIPTURE TRANSLATION/ DISTRIBUTION SINCE 1800--GRAPH:

--UNITED BIBLE SOCIETIES:

www.unitedbiblesocieties.org...

--WYCLIFF BIBLE TRANSLATORS

www.wycliffe.org...

--ORAL BIBLE STORIES

www.oralbible.com...

--SENDING CRANK MP3 PLAYERS TO TRIBAL GROUPS' "man of peace" group:

faithcomesbyhearing.com...

4. GLOBAL COMMUNICATIONS FORESEEN:

WWW.ETERNAL-PRODUCTIONS.COM...

SATELLITES MAKING GLOBAL VILLAGE POSSIBLE:

www.hq.nasa.gov...

5. MANKIND CAPABLE OF DESTROYING ALL LIFE.

--Number of nations with weapons of mass destruction

--NUCLEAR WEAPONS IN THE END TIMES--DOES THE BIBLE PREDICT A NUCLEAR HOLOCAUST?

www.lamblion.com...

--MATTHEW 24--IS IT HISTORY OR PROPHECY

www.lamblion.com...

--NUCLEAR WEAPONS GLOBAL ISSUES:

CLOSE CALLS:

www.globalissues.org...

NUCLEAR PROLIFERATION TREATIES UNDER PRESSURE:

www.globalissues.org...

--NUCLEAR WEAPONS STOCKPILES:

www.atomicarchive.com...

Recent China disclosures probably call such stats into serious question.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

RE the WARS prophecy:

Here's a prophetic source I just stumbled across:

www.unitedstatesprophecy.com...

part one of 6 about China invading is here:

John W Johnston

www.youtube.com... &gs_upl=850611l854407l0l855664l28l24l0l12l12l2l379l2040l1.6.3.1l11l0

His stuff rings very true to my spirit--not absolutely 100% but near so.

I plan to share this with my loved ones.

It is congruent with my own sense of the Chinese as well as with Dimitru Duduman's dreams and visions about such. Duduman did not sound QUITE as harsh in his description. Johnston may or may not be more accurate on that score--probably will depend on the Chinese General in charge of the area concerned.

. . . and on the prayers of Godly people in those areas.

WAKE-UP FOLKS!

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I believe this to the fullest extent.I have thought this for a while now. star and flag!

edit on 20-12-2011 by LittleBit111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by LittleBit111
I believe this to the fullest extent.I have thought this for a while now. star and flag!

THANKS THANKS.

A lot more prophetic stuff is coming out almost in a flood. Praise God.

Also, this sobering reminder from a diversity of ministers:

www.youtube.com...

==============================

And a few prophetic videos worth some prayerful consideration:

Rick Joyner’s Jan 2011 dream/vision

as on Sid Roth:

www.youtube.com...

John Paul Jackson’s prophetic video from 2008 is a fitting complement to the OP.

It’s sobering to see how much has already come true:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

2) [ref 2 Peter 2:1-2] These false prophets would be money hungry, smooth talkers (2 Peter 2:3). A growing number of TV evangelists epitomize this. They twist the Scriptures, using misleading words to make merchandise of the unwary.

This reminds me of the time i saw a televangelist tell people watching his "magic show" (because thats all it is are magic tricks) to put their hands on the tv to recieve bodily healing. Uh, hell no i will not be putting my hands on no tv for healing, thats paganism to think an object can heal yo ass.

I saw another one a couple weeks ago offer to send his viewers a handkerchief that had been "blessed" (probably wiped his ass with it) if they would send him 250 bucks.

What a crock of crap.
edit on 31-1-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

I'll give you the keys to deciphering prophecy. The book of Daniel and Revelation go hand in hand, you need Daniel to decode Revelation.

In the book of Daniel, Daniel tells us the meaning of certain words in the prophetic language. I will set them down in a list:

Winds=Wars
Beasts=Kingdoms, nations
Woman/Women=religious systems or institutions (faiths)
Trees=individual peoples
Seas=multitudes of people, peoples of the world in general
Trumpets=warning signs or warnings
Babylon=corrupted pagan religions masquerading as being of God, the ways of Satan, unholy, unrighteous
Fire=Judgement, God's wrath
Plagues=God's doctrines attacking the people

Prophetic language is tricky but Daniel did his best to tell us how to read it which is why in Rabbinic law of the Talmud the rabbis placed a curse on the book of Daniel so that anyone who read the book would recieve all kinds of curses and diseases. Apparently someone didn't want the Israelites to find out Jesus is their Messiah because Daniel tells them who he is in the star gospel.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Funny thing, that pic of New Jeruslaem you have looks like the Dome of the Rock. If orthodox jews take one look at that they will have a siezure.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

wait what is the DAMASCUS? I tried looking it up but all i could find was knives.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by vaelamin
reply to post by BO XIAN

wait what is the DAMASCUS? I tried looking it up but all i could find was knives.

Are you serious or trolling? I didn't think i'd ever meet someone who didn't know Damascus is the capitol of Syria.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

I do think a LOT of Televangelist stuff is disgraceful, dishonorable, UNBiblical.

NOT all.

And, Paul did send handkerchiefs around that he had prayed over . . . and folks were healed thereby. And, there's the case of the dead fellow who's body was tossed in on top of a prophet's bones in the Old Testament--and the dead fellow came immediately back to life the moment his body touched the prophet's bones.

There's a LOT we do not know.

And, God refuses to be put in a box on much of anything, imho.

And, HE tends to hate formulas for relating to Him. He wants a current, live, dynamic DANCE with each of us.

If the faith were in the TV, that would be paganism.

If the faith were in God that acting in faith filled obedience to a suggestion would result in healing, I can imagine that.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

I'll give you the keys to deciphering prophecy. The book of Daniel and Revelation go hand in hand, you need Daniel to decode Revelation.

In the book of Daniel, Daniel tells us the meaning of certain words in the prophetic language. I will set them down in a list:

Winds=Wars
Beasts=Kingdoms, nations
Woman/Women=religious systems or institutions (faiths)
Trees=individual peoples
Seas=multitudes of people, peoples of the world in general
Trumpets=warning signs or warnings
Babylon=corrupted pagan religions masquerading as being of God, the ways of Satan, unholy, unrighteous
Fire=Judgement, God's wrath
Plagues=God's doctrines attacking the people

Prophetic language is tricky but Daniel did his best to tell us how to read it which is why in Rabbinic law of the Talmud the rabbis placed a curse on the book of Daniel so that anyone who read the book would recieve all kinds of curses and diseases. Apparently someone didn't want the Israelites to find out Jesus is their Messiah because Daniel tells them who he is in the star gospel.

Thanks.

Wonderful stuff. I think you are right.

Do you have, therefore, a resulting summary of Revelation based on all that?

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by BO XIAN

Funny thing, that pic of New Jeruslaem you have looks like the Dome of the Rock. If orthodox jews take one look at that they will have a siezure.

You must be talking about the one of a cube with a dome on it. LOL.

. . . maybe I can dig it up . . .

That one?

I think some scholars think it will be a cube based on the cube space of the Holy of Holies.

However, I think that cube doesn't quite fit the 1,500 miles on a side dimensions of the New Jerusalem. Possible, given God doing it . . . surprising to see a dome that large, I'd think.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join