It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report a power outage.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   

TextBlackout Britain: Half a million lights go out as Councils blame cuts and streets are left in darkness Town halls are switching off half a million street lights to save money despite fears of increased crime and accidents, a Daily Mail investigation has found. The majority of county councils in England and Wales are plunging some residential and rural roads into darkness between midnight and dawn. Where lights are being left on after midnight, some councils are fitting them with dimmers to reduce electricity consumption. The Mail first highlighted concerns about Blackout Britain in 2007. Since then, the number of local authorities cutting back has soared. Of 27 English county councils, 21 have now switched off some street lights after midnight or turned some off altogether. Earlier this month, Derbyshire County Council unveiled plans to turn off 40,000 rural street lamps between midnight and 5.30am. The council claims the move will save £400,000 a year.
source(thecomingcrisis.blogspot.com...

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   
There could be many reasons that can cause a power outage.

TextA rouge possum left more than 12,000 homes and businesses on Sydney's north shore without power. The small marsupial came in contact with electrical equipment - and to a sad end - near a substation at Killarney Heights about 4.30am (AEDT) today, causing it to short-circuit. The network, which provides power to properties in Frenchs Forest, Belrose, Forestville, Davidson and Killarney Heights, was then automatically shut down for safety reasons, Ausgrid spokesman Anthony O'Brien said. Crews isolated the cause and power was restored to all customers about 8am, he said. "On average, around 60 per cent of interruptions are caused by external factors like trees coming into contact with powerlines or possums or other animals," Mr O'Brien said.
source(www.ubalert.com...

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I wonder what could be the cause....

Power Outage - North-America - USA QUICK HIGHLIGHTS BASICS POWER OUTAGE SEVERE Region: USA 284 CREDS cred discred Several Seattle neighborhoods lost power Friday afternoon, affecting some 28,000 customers, Seattle City Light said. City Light said the outages stretched from Rainier Valley, to Beacon Hill to Capitol Hill. KIRO 7 Twitter followers also reported outages in the International District and Pioneer Square. A "wire tripping a relay" at the south substation caused the outages, City Light said. The estimated time of restoration is 5 p.m., though City Light said at around 2:50 p.m. that all but about 10 customers had power restored.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

The last time we had a power outage, I took advantage
of it and checked out some of my survival supplies.
I used to have a wedding business and I had several
cans of chaffing dish fuel in storage.I took the racks out
of my oven and along with 2 short 2x4's,I was able to cook
and make coffee or tea.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
What about telephone line outtages? My landline phone went out last week for about half a day and it was also out in towns 13 and in another town 30 miles away. I didn't realize they only have one line servicing Southern Illinois. They should have called Julie.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

The last time we had a power outage, I took advantage of it and checked out some of my survival supplies
Power outages happens all over the world, the interesting one are those extended for a long period of time.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by TrulyColorBlind

What about telephone line outtages?
Those are the responsibility of telephone services and I believe they are different of electrical blackouts.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Power Outage - Middle-East - Palestinian Territory

The Gaza Strip's sole power station shuddered to a halt Sunday, leaving residents with-out current for long periods and endangering the lives of hospital patients, officials said. Just 48 hours after some 450,000 litres of fuel were delivered to the coastal strip from Israel on Fri-day, the Gaza Power Authority said its tanks had run dry. Consumers were being rationed to eight hours of power supply a day, local residents said. "The generating station in Gaza City was stopped completely this morning after two days of working," the authority said in a statement, calling on "all parties to take immediate measures to solve the fuel crisis completely and permanently."

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join