It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report a power outage.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
I know that we have threads about this subject before but there are many causes for a power outage.

If you have a power outage in your area we want to know about it.

Here are some of the causes for a power outage:

Severe winds,

EMP's from CME's,

Lightning,

Ice,

Snow,

Severe storms,

Short Circuits,

Earthquakes.

And the list can continue.

Here is an example of one of the worst power outage in history,

TextThe Northeast blackout of 2003 was a widespread power outage that occurred throughout parts of the Northeastern and Midwestern United States and Ontario, Canada on Thursday, August 14, 2003, just before 4:10 p.m. EDT (UTC−04).[1] At the time, it was the second most widespread blackout in history, after the 1999 Southern Brazil blackout.[2][3] The blackout affected an estimated 10 million people in Ontario and 45 million people in eight U.S. states.
link(en.wikipedia.org...

What do you need in case of a power outage,

TextCandles, minimum four to five dozen. Candle stick holders. In a pinch, I folded aluminum foil around the candle bases and wedged them into Sake cups. Matches and disposable lighters. Battery-powered space heater. Flashlights and extra batteries. Canned goods and dry food mixes. Check a camping store for food supplies. Water and juices. Extension cords, long enough to reach your neighbor's house. Hand tools such as hammer, screwdriver and wood saw. Seasoned firewood. Water repellent tarps. Extra blankets. Paper plates, cups and plastic utensils. First-aid kit Fire Extinguisher
link(homebuying.about.com...

Are you prepared?

Small events are the cause of the big disasters but we never noticed before!

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
hm west LA had a blackout the past day or so from severe winds/debris damaging everything

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

im in southwest TX as far as I can see the power went out, it happen about 2 1/2 hours ago, no wind no storm.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by lbndhr

im in southwest TX as far as I can see the power went out, it happen about 2 1/2 hours ago, no wind no storm.
Could be EMP's from CME's or short-circuit,depend how extended is..!

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   
About 30 minutes ago we had 6 random transformers all across town blow simultaneously. This same sort of event occurred at the beginning of last week as well, only it was 3 transformers back to back. No high winds, or anything else. No long term outages occurred due to this ( about 2 hours total ). However, it is odd considering the sudden increase in them doing this. Even the local power company isn't sure why it has happened, and continues to look into it.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
We had several power outages this last summer along the Texas Gulf Coast that were drougt-related.

See this thread for details and a follow up thread to be found here for more information about these power failures.

I also wonder if this thread regarding (nonexistent) foreign hackers remotely accessing pumps at a water treatment facility may be related as a possible instigative factor.
edit on 3-12-2011 by jadedANDcynical because: Stupid autocorrect

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by jadedANDcynical
We had several power outages this last summer along the Texas Gulf Coast that were drought-related.

See this thread for details and a follow up thread to be found here for more information about these power failures.

I also wonder if this thread regarding (nonexistent) foreign hackers remotely accessing pumps at a water treatment facility may be related as a possible instigative factor.

Greetings:

As usual, j&c, you're on top of it. Another star for you.

We have been gathering such info for just such a thread - especially interesting when one lumps in all the "unexplained" power outages relating to cooling systems for nuclear reactors - one might be quite surprised at all the seeming "unrelated" instances.

To make it quite the story, add the recent "mistake" at Brunswick, the transformers exploding across the nation, stir it all up with a pinch of paranoia, and one has a respectable premise for a jumping-off point.

However, we're still on the trail of the radioactive waste musical chairs game and will publish this research soon. How much are you hiding there in Texas?

Peace Love Light
tfw
[align=center][color=magenta]Liberty & Equality or Revolution[/align]

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
See new related thread here for reports o another power loss resulting in an environmental discharge of pollutants.

Am I the only one to find it odd that the two stories linked in the thread referenced above we're posted at reuters Africa and WSJ India?

Why would I need to search for stories in overseas websites for a happening just across Galveston Bay?

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Does the following serve a useful purpose for possible updates ????

www.kionrightnow.com...

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
This also spells out a reason to wonder

www.tesis.lebedev.ru...

seeing as too much is being damped down.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

So, two more refineries now are without power and no one knows why:

Neither BP or Texas City officials could confirm the cause of the outage.

There is some indication because of drought and windy conditions in the county that a build up of salt on power line insulators may be to blame for the power outages. Area refineries and chemical plants experienced power "blips" last week several times, officials said.

I'm left wondering how salt buildup would cause such power disruptions in an area on the coast. I've lived here my entire life (I'm 42) and have never heard of anything like this happening...

Greetings:

As usual, j&c, great effort... which brings up another quirk in the matrix?

If one chooses to believe that there may be elevated levels of barium and [color=Cyan]aluminum salts, polymer fibers, thorium, and/or silicon carbide in the atmosphere, would any latent incoming electromagnetic energy, errant protons and electrons or ultraviolet and x-ray radiation or "electronic plasma" continue to affect our Fragile Earth?

Is there even any residual effect from the geomagnetic storm and subsequent continued interaction with Earth's magnetosphere? ...

Not that we would draw any correlation to weather modification, but isn't Texas is a hot-bed for this stuff?

In the brief scan of our files on this, it seems that there has been an increase in electrical-related "anomalies" since the inception of weather modification. We will follow up on this.

The "blip" that is referred to could be when strong winds force the high-tension lines closer together so that there is an arc, possibly enhanced by those "salts" build-up.

BTW, the above is a quote from here where our first interaction with the phage went unanswered, still to this day... and we have baited it in many other posts.

One might wonder if it would be possible to obtain a sample of any of this suspected build-up of "salts" from downed power lines or elsewhere.

Our question: What is the trail of barium and [color=Cyan]aluminum salts, polymer fibers, thorium, and/or silicon carbide that spews out from weather modification planes called if not a chemtrail?

OK, we said chemtrail. 3-2-1- hello, proudbird, let's hear it.

Now, more than ever, the worldwide need for solutions to atmospheric necessities such as water resource management and environmental quality monitoring, is critical. With nearly a half-century of successful programs, our experience speaks for itself.

Let us help you better manage your atmospheric and water resources.
WMI
Aerial cloud seeding is the process of delivering a seeding agent by aircraft - either at the cloud base or cloud top. Top seeding allows for direct injection of the seeding agent into the supercooled cloud top. Base seeding is the release of the seeding agent in the updraft of a cloud base.

Snowfall and Rainfall Augmentation

North American Weather Consultants has conducted more than 200 weather modification projects involving snowfall or rainfall augmentation world-wide [color=Cyan]since 1950...

The most common seeding agent is microscopic sized particles of silver iodide. These silver iodide particles are dispersed either from the ground or aircraft...

Typical precipitation increases from the programs range from 10 to 15 percent (in wintertime cold climate areas) to 20 to 25 percent (in more maritime tropical regions) over what would have occurred naturally.

Airborne Cloud Physics and Tracer Studies
Further, an atmospheric tracer, for example sulfur hexafluoride, can be released from either a ground or airborne location, then tracked by an aircraft equipped with a special real-time analyzer that can detect minute concentrations of sulfur hexafluoride downwind for tens of kilometers...

...SF6 is the most potent greenhouse gas that it has evaluated, with a global warming potential of 22,800 times that of CO2 when compared over a 100-year period...

In Europe, SF6 falls under the F-Gas directive which bans or control its usage for several applications. Since 1 January 2006, SF6 is banned as a tracer gas and in all applications except high-voltage switchgear. source

Peace Love Light
tfw
[align=center][color=magenta]Liberty & Equality or Revolution[/align]

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   

TextSomething in Arvada produced a frequency signal strong enough to knock out power to 40 garage doors in a tiny community. The problem started two days ago in the 7000 block of Torrey Court. It encompasses a half mile radius. "It's really weird," said Gina, who lives in the area. She did not want to provide her last name. "No one knows what it is." Gina thought she was alone, until she learned of other neighbors dealing with the same problem. "I think it's amazing," Colin Cooper, another neighbor, said. "What if it's a UFO?" he joked. Experts say anything with a wireless signal could affect garage doors. "Like Christmas lights, coffee makers, appliances," Gina said. The pros told Gina and other neighbors small items couldn't have caused this big of a problem. So whatever it is, it is rather large. "I wish we knew," Gina said. For now, it remains a mystery. The 40 people who live on Torrey Court have to find a way to fix their garage doors.
source(www.ubalert.com...

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I just heard about a power outage in San Francisco that is preventing the NFL game from starting.
I also heard there was another one in Seattle last night.

I dont have much to add but its good to log it so we can figure out what is going on.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

I had a similar thread a couple years ago. We discovered rolling blackouts that were unreported, or even falsely reported as other things. It was happening in at least 3 different cities and states. 30 minute, or 60 minute power outages at certain times every couple of weeks. It was very useful to keep a log, and it verified our suspicions, although it doesn't really matter since we can't do a dam thing about it anyway, LOL!

2009, are we already having rolling blackouts?

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Fishticon84

It was just a random transformer outside of Candlestick Park. Game is now on.

Glinda, of the Stiller Nation

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Glinda
reply to post by Fishticon84

It was just a random transformer outside of Candlestick Park. Game is now on.

Glinda, of the Stiller Nation

The power just went out again.
I'm TRYING to watch the game lol.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Ooooo, I worked 2 outages yesterday. One was no cause found. Oh noo! Couldn't be a squirrel or rat on top of an x-former, nooooo, it must have been HARP!

The other one was a 7kv elbow stood off, that just blew up, fire dept even showed up. Couldn't be equipment failure, but nooooooooo, it must have been an em pulse from the reptilians.

There's my report, now here's my rant.

So now, the power going out is another conspiracy? Just what are 'they' conspiring about?

I've been climbing poles since 1972 and guess what folks, there are outages almost every day, in almost every city.

You don't think that since utilities are putting off maintenance that more equipment failures occur now than before? The utilities would rather wait for stuff to fail than to spend money changing stuff out before it fails. They used to go out of their way to prevent outages, not anymore. As long as the ceo's and bod members don't go out that's all that matters.

Some one actually believes that a coating of magic dust on 500,000 volt lines adds so much to the diameter of the wire that it will now make contact in the wind when it didn't do so before the dusting. That's just absurd and proves lack of any research whatsoever. Pitiful!
edit on 12/19/2011 by wookiee because: added report

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

TextPower Outage Hits Austria, About 10,000 Homes without Heating QUICK HIGHLIGHTS BASICS POWER OUTAGE MODERATE Region: Austria 123 CREDS cred discred VIENNA -- Authorities said temperatures in the western Austrian city of Salzburg dipped to about 7 degrees Fahrenheit or -14 degrees Celsius on Saturday. To complicate matters, a technical problem at a power plant rendered approximately 10,000 households without heating. The incident came as Europe grapples with a prevailing cold snap which has already claimed hundreds of lives.
source(www.ubalert.com...

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Had one last week at around 2:00 a.m. supposed transformer blew that only affected our complex lasted about an hour but estimated time was until 4 a.m. We've had two prior power outages as well in the summer, once in the mid-afternoon (no storms or anything as far as I know) and one around 7:30 pm. Same situation no storms or anything. Our meters are now hooked into the so-called "smart" meters, I just call them control meters. Maybe they're practicing with them, I mean no storms?

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by 1loserel2

Maybe they're practicing with them, I mean no storms
Could be many reasons,who knows what we could link as a cause,

TextMOSCOW — Russia on Tuesday blamed a computer malfunction caused by the impact of cosmic rays for the failure of its Phobos-Grunt mission to Mars, one of a litany of setbacks for its embattled space programme. Announcing the initial results of the investigation into the Mars mission, Russian space agency Roscosmos also revealed the next manned launch to the International Space Station would be delayed due to technical problems. The Phobos-Grunt probe — which was to have brought home a sample of soil from Mars’ largest moon — crashed back to Earth earlier this month after becoming stuck in Earth’s orbit shortly after its launch in November. “The most likely reason in the commission’s opinion is the local influence of heavy charged particles from outer space on the onboard computer system,” Roscosmos chief Vladimir Popovkin said, quoted by RIA Novosti news agency.
source(news.nationalpost.com...

Cosmic rays that we never experienced before and that could reach the surface of the planet.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join