It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus is NOT a copy from Pagan religions! Those are lies! Do research and do not believe!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I am amazed, arpgme!! You have diligently searched for the truth, with an open mind and have found it!!

I agree with revolution9. This is very well researched and referenced. I am so thrilled for you and anyone else seeking to find truth that reads your thread. May be that someone else that is on the fence about belief will find this and the Light will shine in their hearts as well.

Just goes to show that the Yahweh rewards those who diligently seek His truth. I have to add a 'God Bless' here too!!

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by GmoS719

If sex wasn't involved - as supposedy in Jesus's case - then it is a virgin birth.

Unless someone had sex with a rock, the term can aso be used as in: "happening for the first time".

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
God of the Bible isn't the first God envisioned by man, so many of the Christian God's attributes would have been borrowed from past deities. It's just inevitable because how many attributes can a god have? God in the Bible doesn't even keep the same attributes himself throughout the Bible, New Testament to New Testament.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beamish
reply to post by GmoS719

If sex wasn't involved - as supposedy in Jesus's case - then it is a virgin birth.

Unless someone had sex with a rock, the term can aso be used as in: "happening for the first time".

To say "Sex wasn't involved" would suggest that Sex COULD be involved.
Which is Incorrect. So VIRGIN can not be applied to a rock.

And the term isn't just virgin it is "Virgin Birth".
There is only one meaning for this.

edit on 2-12-2011 by GmoS719 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver
reply to post by arpgme

Funny, I thought Jesus was (according to the bible) born on the 25th of December, in a barn, while 3 wise man traveled to his location following a star? This is purely from memory. Its a book I do not read but was unfortunately forced to attend catholic schools

The Gospel of Matthew,[2] the only one of the four Canonical gospels to mention the Magi, states that they came "from the east" to worship the Christ, "born King of the Jews." Although the account does not tell how many they were, the three gifts led to a widespread assumption that they were three as well.

It is thought that there were three because three gifts were brought to Jesus.
But it doesn't specify how many.

+32 more 
posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Sorry to be a party pooper, but who realy cares? Even if any of these people ever existed at all (that's a big IF) They were not supernatural beings, just flesh and blood like you and me.... Stop believing in fairy tales and myths.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by satron

God's attributes are not borrowed. False god's attributes are borrowed from the one true God.
He was here first. It just took us a while to get it right.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Atzil321
Sorry to be a party pooper, but who realy cares? Even if any of these people ever existed at all (that's a big IF) They were not supernatural beings, just flesh and blood like you and me.... Stop believing in fairy tales and myths.

You didn't poop on my party.
Even though I smell BS.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   

You may be living in a fairytale that you perceive as reality and the only way out of it is with truth. Open mindedness helps my friend. How hard is it for an interdimensional being to get to Earth. Interdimensional being human YOU as HUMANS sense a higher heaven or lower hell dimensions

NAMASTE*******
edit on 12/2/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   

So you really don't care about whether or not Jesus actually existed? Even "IF" Jesus is not divine, don't you think it's important to know whether he exists or not since he is probably the most influential person in the world?

Also, JESUS is the one who came up with "Treat others as yourself"... One thing that almost all people can agree on today. That to me is divine, and even if it isn't. It is very important so Jesus has importance.
edit on 2-12-2011 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

+14 more 
posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   

By the way, the lady that created Zeitgeist is a Satanist wanting to get rid of Christianity and create a Utopian world. Doesn't that story sound familiar like the book of revelations?

The person who created the Zeitgeist films is Peter Joseph and he is neither a Satanist or a lady.

Yes, the first Zeitgeist did indeed have a few incorrect points when it comes to Religion but I still don't see how one film makes Christianity any more true just because the film was wrong. I still don't believe in God or Jesus, and thats because of my own conclusion, not Zeitgeists.

It is true that December 25 is a Pagan thing for the solstice, BUT, Jesus could NOT be born in the winter if you read The Bible...

At that point in the Zeitgeist film he is more discussing the celebration of Jesus's birth rather than what the bible depicts. Christianity did indeed hi-jack the celebration of solstice and make it into a the celebration of Jesus. This is just the film discussing the root of why we celebrate him at such a time and how the modern essence of organised Christianity is wrong.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Thanks for this post! You could show some people all the proof in the world and they would still not believe. Don't let the flamers get you down. One day everyone will know that Jesus is the Saviour but it would be much better for them if they wake up now.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

edit on Fri Dec 2 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors – Please Review This Link.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by GmoS719
reply to post by satron

God's attributes are not borrowed. False god's attributes are borrowed from the one true God.

Us, meaning Christians who wanted to mold God into their visions of what God should entail. Jesus was the light of the world, if you asked a Christian, or read the Bible. I can guarantee you that Jesus wasn't the first deity to use hijack the notion that light will triumph over darkness. Light vs Darkness dichotomy predates the Bible.

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I tend to go for the notion that Jesus is actually the "sun" and not the"son". 12 Disciples, 12 constellations in the zodiac, Sirius...etc.

The story behind the other religions of this world are pretty similar although I am sure that cultural differences are what created the differences in the stories, but there is no denying that they are pretty similar in most aspects.

The Bible DOES NOT say WHEN Jesus was born, nor does it suggest that we celebrate this occasion. Historians guess that he was born in September but there is no proof of that, just like there is no proof of any of the events of the bible ever being true, not even one.

Jesus is a nice thought and all, and it gives people something to focus on other than reality, as well as a good reason to separate people from their money.

Dinosaurs. Bazinga!

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by GmoS719

To say "Sex wasn't involved" would suggest that Sex COULD be involved.

Are you being serious? When I said:

Unless someone had sex with a rock

did you think I was suggesting it was a possibility?

The point of the matter is the concept.

Mithra and Jesus were allegedly both born without procreation having taken place.

Virgin can have several meanings, not just in relation to sex.

being the first or happening for the first time

www.thefreedictionary.com...

So with that in mind, Mithra having been born of a rock – which was a first – then his is a virgin birth.

Which is Incorrect. So VIRGIN can not be applied to a rock.

It is correct. And it can be applied.

But obviously not if you are devout Christian.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by satron

Originally posted by GmoS719
reply to post by satron

Us, meaning Christians who wanted to mold God into their visions of what God should entail. Jesus was the light of the world, if you asked a Christian, or read the Bible. I can guarantee you that Jesus wasn't the first deity to use hijack the notion that light will triumph over darkness. Light vs Darkness dichotomy predates the Bible.

Light Vs Darknes...Good Vs Evil. It's all the same thing.
It might predate the bible, but so does God.

+10 more 
posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
The divinity of Jesus was invented long after his death, and in order to make him divine they attributed divine qualities taken from pagan deities to him.

For all we know, not only the divinity of Jesus, but Jesus himself could have been invented by the romans.

Looking at Jesus as a divine figure is completely silly and strays wideley from pre-catholic christianity.

This divinity was invented the same way that Hell and Purgatory were invented. Hell to scare people, and purgatory for the catholic church to earn money by threatening family members of deceased to pay up or the dead do not go to heaven.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by GmoS719

And the term isn't just virgin it is "Virgin Birth".
There is only one meaning for this.

So, by that reckoning, any virgin who wishes to be a mother but doesn't want a partner and undergoes artificial insemination and subsequently gives birth has a "Virgin Birth"?

Does that make their children divine?

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Beamish

Your beginning argument was "So the rock had sex then".
Listen to yourself!
Virgin Birth and Being pushed out of a rock are not even close.
No matter how your twist it.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join