It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quantum Entanglement extends FURTHER than the quantum world. Article: Two Diamonds Linked by Strange

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Im not even going too pretend i know what you guys are talking about,sounds way above my head,but it sounds that what you just said,could be related too string theory,vibrations and stuff being the creation of everything,which is ive heard also linked too the multiverse,alternate dimension theory,if two people are linked closely like twins,its been said some feel the pain and emotions the other one feels,can the same be said for our alternate selves,in other dimensions,if these crystals can really do what they claim,would that maybe have something too do with this? even support it? these crystals obviously are linked somehow in ways even more than a twin is,but our alternate selves? as i said though,i really think this is over my head,it does interest me though,life is so
i wish i was smarter

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

And to some things we added ourselves and needed to add something extra to make it an even pair to make you think,why do humans have head hair that keeps on growing and growing??When primates dont??

Bacaue things naturally come in twos it creates balance in nature not equality but balance and when that balance isnt right we can notice it,something was added to us and the hair genes were tweaked when it was done, to create or to maintain balance ,lets find out how and why,

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
More evidence in favor of the law of attraction!

If it is true that Quantum Entanglement works on the macro world (where we are)....

then so does the principles of the law of attraction...

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Am I correct in saying that FTL communication between 2 displaced entangled items (micro or macro) is impossible because while inputting energy to one of the pair will cause the other to react, what the reaction will be cannot be known?

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by twinmommy38
Am I correct in saying that FTL communication between 2 displaced entangled items (micro or macro) is impossible because while inputting energy to one of the pair will cause the other to react, what the reaction will be cannot be known?
As I understand it the problem is on the sending end. I'll give you an over-simplified analogy.

Let's say you flip a coin on earth as a sender and get heads, and the receiver is on the moon and instantly sees tails as a result in their "entangled coin". They both know what the other sees but you had no control over whether your initial coin flip would land heads or tails.

The problem as I understand it is, the person on the moon has no idea what that tails means because you had no idea which way your coin flip would come out, heads or tails.

Einstein famously said:
en.wikiquote.org...

in a 1943 conversation with William Hermanns recorded in Hermanns' book Einstein and the Poet, Einstein said: "As I have said so many times, God doesn't play dice with the world."
Unfortunately, quantum mechanics makes extremely accurate predictions by assuming the opposite, that in fact "God does play dice" so to speak, so we can't predict the outcome of an observation with certainty, we can make only predictions based on statistical probabilities like flipping a coin or rolling dice. That's why you have a hard time controlling what you're sending.

Now what if you could control the outcome of your single coin flip? Perhaps then you could communicate, and a few people think FTL communication might be possible, but many disagree and I think we have to consider it unlikely until it's actually demonstrated:

www.npl.washington.edu...

At the AQRTP Workshop we considered the question of whether quantum nonlocality was a possible medium for FTL communication. In the context of standard quantum mechanics there is good reason for believing that it is not. Eberhard has proved a theorem demonstrating that the outcomes of separated measurements of the same quantum system, correlated by nonlocality though they are, cannot be used for FTL observer-to-observer communication. A possible loophole in Eberhard's theorem could arise if, following the work of Nobel Laureate Steven Weinberg, one modifies conventional quantum mechanics by introducing a small non-linear element into the standard QM formalism. It has been shown that in slightly non-linear quantum mechanics, the observable nonlinear effects that would arise would make possible FTL communication through nonlocality.
While I'm skeptical about that loophole, if somebody wants to try, I say let them try.

This is why I said it's never been demonstrated in page 1, rather than saying it's impossible, because some people think there's a loophole, but they will have to prove that, in order to convince the community to believe that.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Thank You so much for such a great response. Covered everything at the same time. I Love ATS...lol

As long as it is not explicitly ruled out by physics already, it seems like there is a bunch more work to do to find out the feasibility of QM FTL. Should keep physics departments busy for quite a while if the margin is that small.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by twinmommy38

You're welcome.

I found it interesting when a number of physicists were interviewed in TV, and they said they were raised on Star Trek growing up, and they admitted it influenced them. So of course when Captain Kirk told Uhura to contact Star Fleet on "subspace", which is the sci-fi version of FTL communication, that probably left an impression, and maybe even a little inspiration. So the way I see it, they will want to try, even if it does turn out to be impossible!

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by kaskade

"It's a strange effect where one object gets connected to another so that even if they are separated by large distances, an action performed on one will affect the other. Entanglement usually occurs with subatomic particles, and was predicted by the theory of quantum mechanics, which governs the realm of the very small."

" Another study recently used quantum entanglement to teleport bits of light from one place to another.And other researchers have succeeded in entangling macroscopic objects before, but they have generally been under special circumstances, prepared in special ways, and cooled to cryogenic temperatures. In the new achievement, the diamonds were large and not prepared in any special way, the researchers said."

Sounds to me like science is looking for more effective ways to transfer matter by means of teleportation, by practicing on moving entwined particles on a subatomic level. In other words they are finding ways to link matter together so it can successfully teleport at the same rate with minimal damage to the particles as a whole unit. The issue with this experiment was whether or not that could achieve the same results without first cryogenically freezing the matter, which was successful. So, now they will probably be taking the next step teleporting matter with a more advanced atomic structure.
What this study tells me is that science is looking for an effective way to transfer matter from one place to another with the least possible repercussions ( fusing, missing matter) by using entangled geometric particles that act as computers measuring compression, heat and stress related to the transfer as a basis for the teleportation of muliti-cellular organisms.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaskadeBut now physicists have succeeded in entangling two macroscopic diamonds, demonstrating that quantum mechanical effects are not limited to the microscopic scale.
edit on 1/12/2011 by kaskade because: (no reason given)

In witchcraft (no I don't practice that religion - just looked it up) it's called the Law of Contagion.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join