It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israelis support nuclear-free Mideast: poll

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
According to recent poll, Israeli's are in support of a nuclear free zone for the entire Middle East.
This is really good news.
The people of Israel should let their Zionist goverment know, in no uncertain terms that is what they want.

At the same time, the rest of the world should bring every ounce of energy they can muster to
make this happen.

War is terrible, nuclear war is the END. Don't forget it.
Spread the word far and wide and make something good happen.

Do ATS'rs think this is a possability if the right pressure is brought to bare?

WASHINGTON — A strong majority of Israeli Jews support a Middle East where neither Iran nor Israel nor any other country has nuclear weapons, according to a poll published on Thursday. "By a ratio of two to one, Israelis support an agreement that would make the Middle East a nuclear weapon free zone, including Iran and Israel," said the poll published by the Saban Center for Middle East Policy. They advocated "a system of full inspections of all facilities where nuclear components are built or stored," according to the poll carried out by the center at the Brookings Institution think tank.

Link
edit on 1-12-2011 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
it's not a possibility in my opinion.

it's the same reason cops won't relinquish their handguns.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

Unfortunately, in a state like Israel, it isnt about what the people want.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Ok Let's see them start dismantling theirs first and go from there.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

I don't think the cops analogy works here.
You could never hope to get rid of all handguns from criminals, but it would be possable to have verification
that there was no nukes in a country, if done properly.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by rigel4

You could never hope to get rid of all handguns from criminals, but it would be possable to have verification

I doubt it. There are multiple unaccounted for nukes out there, right now.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by rigel4

proper education from the onset would change the dynamic.
if the environment changed, then our attitudes towards everything would change as well.
(no 50 cent on MTV holding guns etc..)
promotion of different ideals.

I used that analogy because most of the nations feel it is for self-defense and wouldn't just give up their right to what they see as defending themselves.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
One needs to remember that South Africa once had nukes and was convinced to give them up.
They did give them up, to their credit.

I have a little hope left for the Middle East, not much,but i believe that the current president
of Iran is going down. I also think that the Mullahs will stay in power. I have a suspicion that they will
disarm, if the right conditions existed. At that moment the UN, the Americans, and everyone else must come to the table, to disarm.

It is not logical to have nukes.
You fight a war with nukes, it's the END. It also inhibits your abilty to actually go to war when it is truly justified.

Israel would benefit greatly if the Midle East was Nuclear free.
As would all the Mid East Countries, Including Iran.

My reasoning is that, they could defend themselves conventionally against most foes, and if the need arose America could step in with out the nuclear fear. This actually applies across the board.

I know i am most likley dreaming, but sometimes you must just take a different direction to solve the most
comlicated of puzzles.
Instead of doing the same thing over and over again , and getting the same result. (more wars, more death), why not try a new approach.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Recently I have came to a conclusion , that all the nuclear threat and invasion is NOT what the PTB wants,

It wants your mind and heart. Once it is filled with fear and anger , they have you.

Suppose Iran turn into a complete trash. Then what ? Can they bring whatever they want into Iranian hearts and mind ?

No , and it is because every single human being has a trusted friend called logic that will not be chained by military invasions , but it can be attacked by media invasion.

What the PTB is doing right now in Middle East is Media Attack.

They will fail as every one decides to act due his-her logic.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I would like that too. If we could energy wise, Id like us all to be nuclear free. Unless we find a way to have the waste become clean like the Oklo reactor.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by hmdphantom

Off topic question.
What part of Iran are you from?
and are you not worried about your Mood Status "God Bless America".

I would have thought that could have "repercussions" in Iran
right now.

I want to ask you a question about peace in the Middle East.
Please don't post your leaders quoted speach please.

What is your own personal opinion of how to bring peace to the table in the
ME.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Link doesn't work.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Oh the irony. If this poll had been taken several years ago - i would be in the 2/3rds saying that nukes are a horrible suicidal weapon and are not needed anyway ,too. But some posters on ATS actually convinced me that Israel needs nukes. So i am in minority.
For example - it will be much much much harder to relocate Israel when it still has nukes. Right, OP?

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by followtheevidence
Link doesn't work.

Link fixed.
Sorry

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge
Oh the irony. If this poll had been taken several years ago - i would be in the 2/3rds saying that nukes are a horrible suicidal weapon and are not needed anyway ,too. But some posters on ATS actually convinced me that Israel needs nukes. So i am in minority.
For example - it will be much much much harder to relocate Israel when it still has nukes. Right, OP?

Your sarcasm doesn't escape me, and your implied anti Semitic slur does not escape me either.
Move along if you are going start with the personal snipes. k

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Israel should give up her nukes only after muslims stop strapping bombs to their own children.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

I agree with this one, the israelis are in as much control of their country as the US Americans are.
Unfortunately israel would never give up there ace in the hole.
But we in the US sure could stop their aid.
Wouldn't that be nice.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
Israel should give up her nukes only after muslims stop strapping bombs to their own children.

A bomb vest vs a nuke is hardly fair dont you think?
If the muslim world used 100 bombvests the fallout would be nothing to that of a nuke.
Even if each bombvest took 100 innocents.
But the truth is, the Muslims have a terrible history with any explosive and cannot seem to do anymore than wound somebody or chip paint off a building.
In time, the Muslim world will disarm israel and send them packing, the mid east has been around for a long long time.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
reply to post by rigel4

Unfortunately, in a state like Israel, it isnt about what the people want.

Where exactly is there a state that is about what the people want?

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

I think Palestinian who have been forced to leave their house should be allowed to have their land back , then they should be given the right to make decide whether to let those people live in Palestine or banish them.

US should take the forces out from these countries and let those people live in their own way living.

People world wide should learn that dreams came after hard work.

I think that is what American people and the govt should learn. Then they will leave the whole region and Muslims will have the chance to fix their problems and put an end to the terrorism.

IMO terrorism and specially Al-Qaeda has roots in Western dominions who let new sect , which encourages terrorism , be established. They are the ones who are working hard on divide and conquer , here.

are you not worried about your Mood Status "God Bless America".

It is just a joke and I think you know it. BTW , things couldn't get worst.

I have said it before. We want to live our way (East) , you want to live your way (West) . We should be free to choose.

But we are not free.

Why ?
edit on 2/12/11 by hmdphantom because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join