It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 Shocking Revelations About Wall Street's "Secret Government"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Insight into the methods behind OWS & Financial meltdown

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

I'm inclined to agree with you which is why I have been a bit perplexed for years. Most of this information wouldn't even be out there but for the fact Bloomberg began filing FOIA requests years ago.

www.bloomberg.com...

Any ideas?

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Once again Iceland shows the world how it's done;

Iceland Arrests Former CEO Of Failed Bank (ATS thread)

First they showed that letting the banks fail was the prudent action, and now they show us that there is no such thing as "above the law".

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
6 Shocking Revelations About Wall Street's "Secret Government"

Top officials willfully concealed the true extent of the 2008-'09 bailouts from Congress and the public.

We now have concrete evidence that Wall Street and Washington are running a secret government far removed from the democratic process. Through a freedom of information request by Bloomberg News, the public now has access to over 29,000 pages of Fed documents and 21,000 additional Fed transactions that were deliberately hidden, and for good reason. (See here)

This has been stated several times already about the secret 7.77 billion bailout of Wall Street banks between 2007-2009, and how they made an additional undisclosed 13 billion profit from those secret bailouts, but that is just the tip of the iceberg!

Some of the OTHER juicy tidbits from this Wall Street - Government connection are:

While Henry Paulson (Bush’s Secretary of the Treasury) was informing Congress and the public that only minor reforms were needed to protect Fannie and Freddie from collapse, he met secretly with leading Wall Street hedge fund managers -- among them his former colleagues at Goldman Sachs -- to alert them that he was about to nationalize the giant mortgage companies – a move that would eradicate nearly all the stock value of the companies. This information was enormously valuable because it allowed these hedge funds to short Fannie and Freddie and thereby make a fortune.

While Timothy Geithner was head of the NY Federal Reserve, he argued against legislative efforts by Senator Ted Kaufman, D-Delaware, to limit the size of banks because the issue was “too complex for Congress and that people who know the markets should handle these decisions,” Kaufman recalls. Meanwhile, Geithner was fully aware of the enormous secret loans while Senator Kaufman was kept in the dark. Barney Frank, who was authoring key bank reform legislation was also not informed of the secret loans. No one in Congress was told.

The article concludes with two valuable observations, which I'll paraphrase here:

1. That the banks and hedge funds were in a great deal more trouble than ever acknowledged - AND required COLLUSION on the part of the government to secretly fund these banks WHILE covering it up not only to the public but to most of Congress.

2. "Wall Street's secret government made sure the largest banks would grow even larger, aided by the secret funding."

Case in point - when PNC bought out one of the nation's oldest banks, Cleveland based National City Bank - Congressman Dennis Kucinich demanded answers as to how and why PNC, which received bailout funds, could suddenly snap up a larger bank - which DIDN'T receive bailout funds and which appeared to PURPOSELY be denied bailout funds. Does this prove that there was a secret agreement between Wall Street banks and their 'secret government' aiders and abetters?

I know this topic has already been discussed here at ATS, but I don't think it has seen nearly enough exposure, and it goes way beyond the 7.77 trillion secret bailout, it shows a clear collusion between the government and these banks to ROB the American taxpayers and engage in monopolistic practices.

This should be the number one issue in America right now.

You cannot possibly hope to see any investigation of this matter so long as the two parties in charge remain in charge. They are BOTH involved. There are still some American politicians out there who are trying to root this out - Ron Paul, Dennis Kucinich, Bernie Sanders, Tom Coburn - (and what did Chris Dodd and Barney Frank know when they passed their banking reform bill?)

So America, want to know why you're 15 trillion in debt - well, here is half the reason, thanks to Wall Street's "Secret Government".

(PS: This is precisely what #OWS is fighting to expose. Don't let those distractors and disinfo agents tell you otherwise!)

Let me explain something here, "Bloomberg News" as in Mayor-ente' of New York banana republic City for life. Bloomberg and the Koch brothers among others of their ilk have the capital to open up their own major banks which would be basically loan shark windows colluding together naming their own interest rates. The FED's Discount Window competes with that goal, or is a barrier to that goal rather. The would be central bankers like Bloomberg want to operate their own consortium discount window controlling all banks down stream to main street.

Want to go back to the 1880's-90's then just end the FED. Now End Wall Street is not such a bad idea.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
So was all of this money just recently printed and then handed out?

Because if they printed it just for that reason, 7.7trillion dollars in value left American's bank accounts. It's a tax. The federal reserve taxes Americans.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

What more do they need to arrest Paulson, and Geitner et. al.

The government is rogue top down, bottom up and inside out. Middle class Americans don't stand a chance, and the future for their children looks bleak if Paulson and Geitner, et. al. are not arrested and prosecuted for their crimes.

These evil doers win when good men do nothing. It's time to stand up and take them down. Because they are not going to stop. They can't stop. It's their nature They are psychopaths.

Does anybody remember Paulson giving himself a $200 million bonus?

"“You had a $200 million dollar profit and you didn’t have to pay any tax – isn’t that true,” asked Stearns. Paulson’s reaction spoke volumes as he stuttered through another aborted response.

Stearns then pressed Paulson again on his conflicts of interest, stating, “Isn’t there some point where you say hey, I’ve got a conflict of interest here, you don’t feel any kind of scintilla of ethics on this thing at all?” Paulson responded by claiming that he got a waiver from the ethics agreement..." by Paul Joseph Watson

So guess where the waiver came from? It came from the U.S. Treasury...the branch of government he was in control of.

Arrest that stupid English teacher, now! Disgorge him of every penny he has. Let him get a real job, an honest job making honest money at 25 cents an hour in the prison laundry. Let him wash clothes, no more washing money for him!
edit on 2-12-2011 by beijingyank because: typo

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I remember when I first heard whisperings about the govt potentially bailing out the banks.

I hoped it wouldnt happen, our nation is founded on the capitalist idea of competition. Its what keeps the economy healthy.

Solid companies, with good ethics, and who make the right decisions will generally flourish. Like wise, companies that make awful decisions, lack ethics and integrity, and could care less about their customers are supposed to whither away and die, regardless of how big or small the company may be.

Our government is not supposed to be subsidizing banks, auto makers, and the like. If our own governent truly cared about what the PEOPLE think of them, and what we want our tax dollars to go to, they should have let us vote for a course of action. Instead they deceived the people, and even the politicians themselves were left in the dark. No one really understood what was happening until it was too late.

Now, everytime Obama says we need yet ANOTHER stimulus bill to help the economy, I just projectile vomit all over myself.

Injecting tax payers dollars into companies that cant even keep themselves afloat is tantamount to going out of your way to preserve a malignant tumor.
edit on 2-12-2011 by WhiteDevil013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by jessejamesxx
So was all of this money just recently printed and then handed out?

Because if they printed it just for that reason, 7.7trillion dollars in value left American's bank accounts. It's a tax. The federal reserve taxes Americans.

Calculate M3 which you have to do now as they don't publish M3 due to personal computing power and software therefore eliminating the need for its publication you will find that if 7.7 trillion had been created out of thin air inflation rates would be astronomical at this point. They are not. However out of control commodities speculation due to its virtual deregulation :OPEC supply restrictions of Crude :environmental activism all have contributed to higher prices/inflation. Contributing to artificial inflationary pressures which have been created out of thin air. So there is your tax. The Discount Window depends on bank bonds/CD being sold to depositors. Anything else is wholly based on macroeconomic "central banking" mythology.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by beijingyank

"top down, bottom up " Upstream and down stream is the diction that people should begin to use within the occupy movement if they are to be taken seriously. Oil is and all raw materials are considered the headwaters of economy, springs. General consumers and rank and file workers are down stream, the mouth of the river. Wall Street in the form of deregulated commodities speculation :OPEC supply restrictions :Illogical fear mongering eco concerns poisons the springs. These are all heads of "The Beast." Ignorant people both on the far right and left ride the back of the beast just going along for the ride.

I thought I would use analogies contained in the Book of Revelations found at the end of the Christian Bible to add some Christmas color here for being in the spirit of the Holiday Season.

Merry Christmas to all...

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteDevil013
I remember when I first heard whisperings about the govt potentially bailing out the banks.

I hoped it wouldnt happen, our nation is founded on the capitalist idea of competition. Its what keeps the economy healthy.

Solid companies, with good ethics, and who make the right decisions will generally flourish. Like wise, companies that make awful decisions, lack ethics and integrity, and could care less about their customers are supposed to whither away and die, regardless of how big or small the company may be.

Our government is not supposed to be subsidizing banks, auto makers, and the like. If our own governent truly cared about what the PEOPLE think of them, and what we want our tax dollars to go to, they should have let us vote for a course of action. Instead they deceived the people, and even the politicians themselves were left in the dark. No one really understood what was happening until it was too late.

Now, everytime Obama says we need yet ANOTHER stimulus bill to help the economy, I just projectile vomit all over myself.

Injecting tax payers dollars into companies that cant even keep themselves afloat is tantamount to going out of your way to preserve a malignant tumor.
edit on 2-12-2011 by WhiteDevil013 because: (no reason given)

Ditto, lil.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
People crying that nothing can be done are embracing the slave mentality.

All that needs to be done is to start voting for government representatives calling for sound regulation of business to eliminate white collar crime.

The Market system works best when there is an evenly enforced fair set of rules, that creates an environment of market competition. Market systems have been set up effectively in this manner many times, and it can be done again.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

People crying that nothing can be done are embracing the slave mentality.

That's something I have a hard time understanding, how these same people can cheer on "austerity" measures like repealing the minimum wage, raising the retirement age, or calling for the privatization of Social Security - can you imagine the Social Security trust fund in the hands of the Wall Street bankers? The same people fighting the payroll tax cut claiming it can't be paid for without cutting social program then back cutting taxes for the 1% billionaires with no concern about how they'll be paid for.

All we've done is shift the wealth of this country upwards into the hands of the elite - trillions of dollars have been squeezed out of the middle class and handed to the Wall Street bankers gift wrapped with a bow on top.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Blackmarkteteer, thanks for starting this thread.

I really do not understand how this is not THE news right now all over US-media's. The biggest bankrobbery in history. And no one talks about it ?

As well:

Just imagine for a moment the 140'000 $ bailout per taxpayer would really be paid directly to the taxpayer.
Everyone could afford health insurance/social security for life. Most people would put a large amount of their money to their bank accounts, so the banks would profit as well, no bailout needed.

And at the same time it would be a huge boost for the economy, since everybody would get out and buy that new flat, the new car, pay back the student loans, fix their house and so on and so on.

I still hope the whole story makes mainstream headlines, and heads will roll
(yes, sometimes i am quite an optimist :-) )

At least Olbermann is on the case:

If I would be an american taxpayer my blood would be boiling.

Edit: Add: What I really do not understand: the USA is full of lawyers, why isn't there an army of lawyers organized by taxpayers on the case ?

edit on 2-12-2011 by svetlana84 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

It has all been done by the con of the free market.

They convinced a large percentage of the U.S. population that the laws in place, regulations aimed at preventing fraud and abuse, were a burden on U.S. business, and sent jobs overseas, which is complete nonsense.

At the end of the 1970ties, the U.S. had the narrowest gap in income distribution on the planet, now we have the widest gap of wealth distribution in the developed world, and it is free market policies that have allowed this to happen.

It is the treaties that the U.S. government signs that sends jobs overseas, combined with our large military protecting the exportation of our jobs.

The deeper truth is that technology continues to create jobs, and regulations actually increases the number of jobs, forcing corporations to hire people to do everything that must be done to meet those regulatory requirements.

The biggest problem is that our productivity is at a level, where we are able to produce more than we can consume, thus we see planned obsolescence, suburban sprawls to create inefficiency, and all efforts at creating a disposable society. If we worked fewer hours, there would be more jobs available for everyone, and we could all live very good lives.

If we all worked fewer hours, bought higher quality goods that lasted a great deal longer, conserved energy usage, and actively increased recycling, it would greatly reduce the ability of the very wealthy to steal from us.

The unavoidable problem that the super rich face, is that as fewer and fewer people have good paying jobs, and more an more people get deeper in debt to pay for overpriced homes, few and fewer people have money to spend on the purchase of goods and services. The means that demand for goods and services declines, and so the economy begins to shrink, entering into a downward cycle of depression. They are combating this depression cycle by vastly expanding the money supply, but that is fighting fire with gasoline, and it is only a matter of time till the whole thing blows up and the house of cards disappears.

Contrary to propaganda being put out, not even the super rich escape this collapse.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   

While Henry Paulson (Bush’s Secretary of the Treasury) was informing Congress and the public that only minor reforms were needed to protect Fannie and Freddie from collapse, he met secretly with leading Wall Street hedge fund managers -- among them his former colleagues at Goldman Sachs -- to alert them that he was about to nationalize the giant mortgage companies – a move that would eradicate nearly all the stock value of the companies. This information was enormously valuable because it allowed these hedge funds to short Fannie and Freddie and thereby make a fortune.

I don't know a lot about the laws and regulations for the stock market, but isn't what Henry Paulson did there illegal? That would be insider trading which is against the law because that wasn't public information at the time.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

I think we need a new political party - the Hang the Traitors party.

Where do I sign up?

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
mmmhm

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by dubiousone

I think we need a new political party - the Hang the Traitors party.

Where do I sign up?

Right HERE!

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
The secret government isnt just wall st. It is also the armies created through the federal reserve of political puppets whether put in by corporations or offshore bankers we are now dealing with a very serious problem.

I hope everything will work out for the best when we see the end to this crisis but I fear it will not.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Eliot Spitzer wrote an op-ed piece at Slate on the 7.77 trillion bailout;

Eliot Spitzer: 5 Ways to Make Banks Pay for Their Secret $7 Trillion Free Ride

The government and the big banks deceived the public about their $7 trillion secret loan program. They should be punished.

The CEOs of major banks maintained they were in good financial shape. Meanwhile, they secretly borrowed massive amounts from the government to stay afloat.

During the deepest, darkest period of the financial cataclysm, the CEOs of major banks maintained in statements to the public, to the market at large, and to their own shareholders that the banks were in good financial shape, didn’t want to take TARP funds, and that the regulatory framework governing our banking system should not be altered. Trust us, they said. Yet, unknown to the public and the Congress, these same banks had been borrowing massive amounts from the government to remain afloat. The total numbers are staggering: $7.7 trillion of credit—one-half of the GDP of the entire nation. $460 billion was lent to J.P. Morgan, Bank of America, Citibank, Wells Fargo, Goldman Sachs, and Morgan Stanley alone—without anybody other than a few select officials at the Fed and the Treasury knowing. This was perhaps the single most massive allocation of capital from public to private hands in our history, and nobody was told. This was not TARP: This was secret Fed lending.

Congress needs to hold a hearing now - drag in every single CEO of these banks, along with Bernanke, Poulson, and Geithner. If not, grab the pitchforks and torches. Oh wait, that's what the Occupy movement was doing before being demonized in the media....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join