It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Yogis of Tibet" : Latent Powers Within Humans

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Yogis of Tibet

Watched this documentary last night and thought it was really interesting. Particularly about how humans have abilities they've never dreamed possibke

On a side note, does anyone know how to upload YouTube videos to ATS? I just put in the URL into the VID YOUTUBE. Apparently that's not the way to do it
edit on 1-12-2011 by timi0000 because: Clarification

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by timi0000

- Use the "Youtube Code" - last part of the URL

edit on 12/1/2011 by freakjive because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

A place to practice linking and embedding thread by mutantgenius

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Hope that helps.

Looking forward to having a look at the video later. Too busy now.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Okay, I've finished roughly 18 minutes of this doc. and I'm not at all happy that I need to turn it off (have a meeting in 15 minutes). I will finish this later this afternoon. Thanks for sharing the documentary, as I really enjoy the presentation so far.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by freakjive
Okay, I've finished roughly 18 minutes of this doc. and I'm not at all happy that I need to turn it off (have a meeting in 15 minutes). I will finish this later this afternoon. Thanks for sharing the documentary, as I really enjoy the presentation so far.

No problem. Thanks for uploading it to ATS. I like it when other members put up random, interesting videos, so I thought I'd do the same

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
i don't know if i can believe in the yogis. after all the secrets out about how they have a seat on their cane that extends into the ground so it appears that they're floating.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I read books about these monks of Tibet and they are really very interesting. And where I was first introduced to the concept of meditation and astral projection...they never needed credit cards or the TSA approval to travel !

Here's the video...thanks OP. Simply include the code after the "=" into the vid:youtube string prompt window.

Peace

edit on 1-12-2011 by nh_ee because: Notes for adding video.....and not to forget .....Live Free or Die

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
A very good documentary.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
thanks to the OP.
watching the documentary helped me a lot
after a terrible day of stress and dark thoughts,
if you have some spare time watch the vid.
thanks again..

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Thank you. That was really good.

I had seen a few small clips from it a good while ago. I really enjoyed seeing the whole thing. S&F

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I've taken initiations and studied with Tibetan lamas for a few years. Many have miracle powers, but it's not something they usually admit to. They will laugh it off generally. Who Me? Miracle powers? Ha ha ha. There are ethics around using miracle powers. You never admit you have them. You can't use them to save your own life nor to perform 'miracles' to impress others. They are real. If you pursue the spiritual path in order to gain psychic abilities, you'll be missing the whole point of the spiritual path. It's a side effect and possibly a distraction from the real goal: enlightenment about the true nature of reality. It's an awesome video. The monks in this film were motivated to share because their tradition is being eradicated. It's a testament to the old ways and the masters who will no longer remain in the caves anchoring that energy for the planet. It's up to us now.....
Stars and Flags, OP. Great post!
edit on 1/12/11 by RainbeauBleu because:

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by maya27

I had seen a few small clips from it a good while ago. I really enjoyed seeing the whole thing. S&F

You bet! I didn't know I'd get so much positive feedback. Oh, and is that picture really you? Or am I really talking to a 300 lb woman who disguises herself as someone sexy. I always assume the person I'm talking to on ATS is overweight and pale. Oh my God, I'm flirting on ATS. Let's start talking about the Illuminati and Shadow Government. That always turns chicks on.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by RainbeauBleu
I've taken initiations and studied with Tibetan lamas for a few years. Many have miracle powers, but it's not something they usually admit to. They will laugh it off generally. Who Me? Miracle powers? Ha ha ha. There are ethics around using miracle powers. You never admit you have them. You can't use them to save your own life nor to perform 'miracles' to impress others. They are real. If you pursue the spiritual path in order to gain psychic abilities, you'll be missing the whole point of the spiritual path. It's a side effect and possibly a distraction from the real goal: enlightenment about the true nature of reality. It's an awesome video. The monks in this film were motivated to share because their tradition is being eradicated. It's a testament to the old ways and the masters who will no longer remain in the caves anchoring that energy for the planet. It's up to us now.....

I can see not being able to use your powers to show off. But they can't even use them tom save their own life? What's the point in having them, even if it's just a byproduct of your meditation practice?

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by RainbeauBleu

From personal experience, I agree 100%

I'v been trying to get back to your interesting Sirius thread. Do you know about Yantric Yoga/ Dream Yoga & the BonPo?

www.rmitbuddhistsociety.org...

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by timi0000

Originally posted by maya27

You bet! I didn't know I'd get so much positive feedback. Oh, and is that picture really you? Or am I really talking to a 300 lb woman who disguises herself as someone sexy. I always assume the person I'm talking to on ATS is overweight and pale. Oh my God, I'm flirting on ATS. Let's start talking about the Illuminati and Shadow Government. That always turns chicks on.

We are all good lookers in our family. Smart too. LOL
Anyway, to keep on topic here, it's all Maya, the illusion of this earthly existence.

Yeah, ATS the dating thread....

Hope this helps.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I think the idea behind not being able to save your own life, or at least not really trying to anyways, is that the path of enlightenment will eventually lead one to understand that dying in this life is of little consequence. So to save your self while on the path of enlightenment may be seen as a backwards step in the process. Some yogis are said to have left the world of their own free will either through death or actually transmuting into light. Either way, to stay in the earthly body too long will hinder enlightenment, not help it. That is a very hard lesson to learn though. Not many people can accept death as a teaching tool.

That is my view of it anyways.

- Dredge

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Dredge

Yes, I agree.

Like your signature. LOL.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
One of the eight primary yogic paranaormal abilities, or "siddhis", is anima, which is reducing the focus of your consciousness until you can experience the molecular and atomic world. The great yogi philosopher Patanjali in his Yoga Sutras called it:

"The power to see the small, the hidden and the distant by directing the light of a superphysical faculty".

Two well-known Theosophists developed this form of remote-viewing of the microscopic world at the end of the 19th century. What they described has been found to confirm facts of nuclear and particle physics that were established only many decades later. For the amazing story, see:
smphillips.8m.com...
and
smphillips.8m.com...
As a taster, see news item #8 here:
smphillips.8m.com...

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
S+F OP

One of the most important docus of recent times.

Have linked it a few times in years gone by to ATS but never in an thread of its own.

Proffessor Robert Thurman, The most influencial western Scholar on Tibet and Buddhism, and an very close friend to the Dalia Lama, being his translator for many years, kindly allowed me to place two of his podcasts on the ATS group as is in my signature below.

He couldn't allow any more due to copyright concerns, but this very personal teaching in Nepal is one of the best exponentials of the four noble truths.

Many "Buddhists" esp of the type who like Tibetan Buddhism sometimes ignore treasures in teachings like that below, thinking they "know it " already, and want the initiations and "Lung" etc for the mystical deep side of it, but how those later teachings flourish so well when you get the base really really really deep and sorted first.

I strongly recommend any Buddhist even if ordained to see his teaching it is very special, and a new slant you might not have seen of considered before.

video.abovetopsecret.com...

video.abovetopsecret.com...

Also for the real and most important reporting and experimenting of all things "lamaism" an lady who all the yogis and lamas respect much went there in the late 18th c and spent time learning from Lamas and also becoming an proficient practitioner herself being Alexander David Neel.

When going to France the Dalai Lama specifically requested visiting her old house, something he has only requested on a few occasions in his life (ie the schedule be changed, some part of it being about something HE wants to do rather than teaching, diplomacy etc.) showing you the impact she had on bringing this knowledge to the west, and her very very advanced practises and experiences.

Many of the lost "paths" or "schools" and such like and their phenomina are discussed here as when she visited all of the lineages were very strong still.

It is below and again you MUST read this if you are interested in Tibet:

I did have this on the old ATS Media Portal but it seems to have removed dont know why but here you go:

The Book Free(no copyright anymopre) With Mystics & magicians in Tibet

I have personally seen and experienced some very very strange and unexplained circumstances around certain Lams (only some) this stuff is more than real, and the documentary does not even begin to touch the surface of it.

Om Mani Padme Hum

Karma Tashi Tsering

Elf

edit on 2-12-2011 by MischeviousElf because: Trying to embed ats video

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Sorry my online lingo is not upnto par. What does "OP" and "S&F" mean?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join