It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My expected monies--what to do?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Is this the right Forum?

Well, Canada here and I have had an accident, personal injury claim to soon be settled after being run down by a car.

As it stands right now it could be about $300,000.00.

I am so Ticked off with people losing money to the bankers, that I don't trust banks and wonder if I ought to take it all in cash---but---

---what if the North American Union happens and we all go Amero=== what the Hell good will be the current Canadian monies?

I have, (and still am suffering) suffered so much pain in the past, almost 3 years that (plus spent from my own pocket) to get to this point so, with my luck, Cdn. money will be worthless, just as I receive my settlement and my "monopoly" Money becomes Ameros.

Maybe I have already lost my sense of reality.

What say you, please?

edit on 1-12-2011 by canadiansenior70 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I personally would invest it in gold. When the North American Union happens and our currencies collapse, the Amero will come into play, and will be backed by gold. Those who have gold at that time, will be able to trade it for this new currency.

Mark my words: when that happens, gold will be the new currency, and silver will be the new "gold."

Oh yeah, and get it in coins instead of bars, because bars can be confiscated by the government in dire times, but they cannot confiscate coins (I guess they can do what they want when it comes down to it, but you know what I mean...). And have the coins shipped directly to you instead of having them kept in a safety deposit box, etc. I have this fear that if things get crazy quickly, computer systems can get messed up and all of my coins will mysteriously disappear in the system, so to speak.
edit on 1-12-2011 by jeramie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Wow, Thats a nice chunk of change my friend
Im sorry to hear about your injuries, i hope this compensates you enough. Of course nothing really will fix the mental and physical anguish you sustained.

I too will be running into some money in the coming months (not near that amount),
I get a bonus from work
And my tax return is going to be awesome this year (i got lots of unclaimed student loans
),
And i worked a tonne, i hope it works in my favor. I could use the money to get ahead

Had to make the wretched phonecall "Hello dad?, yeah.. Uhm.. My land lord wouldn't change the date of my rent payment..soo..could i possibly borrow 1100 dollars?"

Never, ever, again.

I am also canadian. Invest in some gold. Some commodities. Perhaps convert your home to solar so when the grid goes down, you can still power things. Unless you live in the city, in which case, buy a small plot of land in the woods and build a shack to run off to, with everything you and whoever you bring to last a year..
edit on 1/12/11 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Monthly payments over time, and I doubt you will get it in a check-lum sum. Usually, its in monthly checks over time...not always. Check with your lawyers.

Its a lot of $$$...but not at say $200 a month for years and years.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by mysterioustranger
Monthly payments over time, and I doubt you will get it in a check-lum sum. Usually, its in monthly checks over time...not always. Check with your lawyers.

Its a lot of $$$...but not at say $200 a month for years and years.

Thanks, for the reminder, but I've heard of that with lottery wins but not in civil actions.

Actually this is a second time around for me, as I was a passenger in a car in 1969. The driver was speeding and crashed us. My back was broken and I was disabled for life--- cheque in Full...partially paralyzed after one year in hospital and Rehab....no pain...could return to work.... until....

..... this one (March/09): I was rolling along the sidewalk and a car backed into me and sent me flying. This time I am left with constant pain and the Future Care part is largest, as the physical therapy comes to $450-640/month, plus meds, +, +, and the bills are mine to pay, so the money must be in hand. I've been paying those out of pocket since June/10 so will be reimbursed for those expenses, Lost wages and General damages (loss, pain and suffering) as well.

I have a good lawyer and he is earning every penny of his 33-1/3 %--which is on General damages only

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by canadiansenior70

Yes, Ive been there as well...on both sides with a serious couple of injuries. One was lump sum ($10,000.00)...another Im still getting after 10 years and more than that to go...about $250 a month.

Advice? Dont trust or defend your lawyers too much. Shake hands with one? Youll pull back only 4 fingers.

If you where in a room with Satan, Hitler and a lawyer..and had a gun with 2 bullets...who would you shoot?
Answer: The lawyer. Twice.

Seriously..best of luck to you. I wish you well.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

Yes. Lawyers get a bad rap, but there are times when one needs one, and I still have all 10 fingers after a 2¾ year arrangement.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   

---what if the North American Union happens and we all go Amero=== what the Hell good will be the current Canadian monies?

I very seriously doubt Canadian currency would be rendered worthless in that scenario.
At the worst it would be subjected to a new standard compared to the value of this "amero".

Maybe I have already lost my sense of reality. What say you, please?

I don't think so, you seem to be the type of person that plans for the worst no matter what the current circumstances may be. Perhaps you can't believe you're getting a break in life and are simply going into a temporary damage control mode out of paranoia.
Remember op, $ 300,000.00. may seem like a lot of money but it really isn't and will go faster than you think.
Invest it in whatever helps you sleep at night and stop worrying about what may or may not happen with things you have no control over.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by thatonedude

Thank you thatonedude,

I needed a positive note on this with all the ills of the world.

Right it is no fortune but it is to add to what I have to make my remaining years better, pay people to help etc--not be left stranded, ..............but it's a hell of a lot to just lose at the whim of some NWO.

(,,simply going into a temporary damage control mode out of paranoia. )

Do you know me?

edit on 2-12-2011 by canadiansenior70 because: add info

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I really wouldn't risk cash based on a conpiracy theory that has not proof of ever happening.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

I asked, "....what if the North American Union happens........" so your post is irrelevant and a waste of my time. Thank you.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Aw, poor thing, you don't like my answer and wanted me to be the typical ATSer to come on here and agree with you that the sky is falling and run for the hills and you better use your money to build an underground bunker.

You post on a message board, you are going to get all opinions and truths.

You said "what if" which means it is a highly speculative scenario, so taking 300,000 in cash is just stupid for a scenario that may never happen.

Your chances of being robbed, your house burning down, you forgetting where you buried it, is a much more likely scenario than the North American Union forming and suddenly there is no Canadian currency.

Talk to an investor who can tell you where to safely invest it that doesn't necessarily have to be a bank.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

The tone of your message, plus its contents, is very 'schoolyardish', so that would be the 'taunting bully' side. Those are the ones who are generally insecure and/or jealous!

Thank you for the insight!
edit on 2-12-2011 by canadiansenior70 because: spelling

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Yes, of course. But have you PAID him in full yet?!!

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Yes, of course. But have you PAID him in full yet?!!

I have a good lawyer and he is earning every penny of his 33-1/3 %--which is on General damages only

That is from another post, of mine, above, so you are not reading everything.

Since I know that, I plan the figures accordingly.

I still have some of the claim monies from my 1969 civil action from that accident and that would have kept me for the rest of my life if this second accident hadn't happened. Now I sue again, as this one leaves me requiring Future Care for the rest of my life.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

I wish you all the best and continued good health. Youre in my prayers.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

I wish you all the best and continued good health. Youre in my prayers.

Thank you very much.

I appreciate the thoughtfulness.

CS72

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   

my advice is 'Don't count your chickens until they hatch"...

have you taken into consideration the reimbursments/costs etc that will be deducted from any amount determined?
Govt payments etc. When I had my MVA, out of my compensation reimbursements cost near on 40 thousand: medical bills and govt welfare (that I received whilst being sick)...

My other advice is not to keep all of your eggs in one basket. If you have superannuation funds, put half into that and put term deposits or high interest conditional savings accounts with several banking institutions...

I would not trust the economy as yet to buy property.

all the best with it.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz

my advice is 'Don't count your chickens until they hatch"...

have you taken into consideration the reimbursments/costs etc that will be deducted from any amount determined?

Thank you. I am in Canada and all that comes out of the Total is what the lawyer charges: 33-1/3 % of General Expenses...one of 4 categories!

The Insurance Co. pays all the rest to me, tax-free, except if i invest there will be tax on Interest income which right now is .0001%. Big deal!

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   

urgh! you really come across smug and it seems like your boasting and not really asking for advice...like your just bragging that you have 300 grand coming your way.

Donate it to charity!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join