It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My expected monies--what to do?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz
reply to post by canadiansenior70

urgh! you really come across smug and it seems like your boasting and not really asking for advice...like your just bragging that you have 300 grand coming your way.

Donate it to charity!

The majority is for future care. I have to pay a physical therapist, a rehabilitation therapist, buy meds, new wheelchair (every 5-6 years), a new cushion every year as my left hip is gone, for the rest of my life plus dental work for the damage done by the driver hitting me.

Do you think that is a lot of money with the prices charged? Have you checked? Well do it!

You have no idea what you are talking about. I live with pain and am independent except for the therapists, re housework cooking shopping and driving.

To pay for the expensive things, likely monthly, or as I go on them one at a time, I cannot tie up the money, and just don't want to put it at risk....in what was a WHAT IF... question.

Now back off!! I AM a charity!

(Yelling is so uncouth!)
edit on 6-12-2011 by canadiansenior70 because: spell

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I finally figured out what to do with my settlement money: that is, what I do with my Estate when I no longer need any more money, i.e when I’ve kicked the bucket with cremation being prepaid.

Now this all depends on my POA/ Executor and the kind of people she meets, but I feel 99% sure they will be worthy folks.

After she scatters my ashes, there will be the “urn”, a box shaped one that I chose with a plaque for me and that is all there would ever be. I am not even being planted in the family plot 4 provinces away. If I can’t stand them dead I won’t be able to stand them when I am dead. (Huh?) In that box I want to leave a teeny bit of my life story just enough to carry through and have my daughter, grandchildren, great-grandchildren, ad infinitum, be found.

My story will lead up to my meeting my very best friend, who is married, 43, no children, so who will be her heirs? She has been my physical therapist for 2½ months in 2009, then the Defence cut her funding, so I paid her from June 2010 until September 30, 2012, and expect to be reimbursed in my settlement for those and other out-of- pocket expenses.

I have kept her on as a cash expense, once a week while other therapies will be tried, but I know she will always be here for me.

We, together, chose to rectify our eating habits to far more fibre and far less meat. I didn’t know how to do it, so she has been cooking all the soups and other dishes, freezing them, bringing to me, and I pay her. Could you ever imagine doing that? She loves to cook, and I ended up finding all work to be painful after the second accident. The first accident was here to fund the second accident. I’ve had a squirrelly life.

I already “loaned” her $5,000.00 to pay for training to be a yoga teacher and she has been accepted. The month she spent in training was this past June and in OUR Province. The one before that she wanted was in Buenos Aires.!! Talk about luck! Just prior to being accepted, her husband was hired at a big Oil field in Alberta, and the two of them will finally realize some freedom, slowly but surely, for debt, then an inheritance when I die. (I'm 73)

All I ask of her, is that she do the same and add to the box a bit about their lives and pass it and the “bulk of ’her’ (yes I know the husband but I am not talking about him here!) Estate to a worthy person. In turn that person will also look for another worthy person who requires a helping hand, and one day, someone in the line will (maybe) look up my grandchildren and share with them about this adventure of my “URN”. I will include pictures of me at say 7, 14, 21, then will be the wheelchair, and the last will be with 'no left leg' with my therapist.

There are others in my Will, including my grandchildren, but I have no connection with my daughter or them and haven’t seen them since 1998. (12, 8, and 6 who are now 26, 23, and 20 allowing for differences in months of birthdays.)

I would like a story of generosity to be passed on to the worthy people and anyone who hears about it might realize that there is a value in being a good person, as good as my physiotherapist has been to me, so I pass it on to her......and I am not talking huge amounts, just having enough to be able to live and still help out a definitely worthy person.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Whatever you decide to do, don't invest it in the American Stock Market.

Been there, done that, total FAIL.

<< 1   >>

join