It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Location of Holy Grail

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Here is a quote from Danbrown.com

HOW MUCH OF THIS NOVEL IS TRUE?
The Da Vinci Code is a novel and therefore a work of fiction. While the book's characters and their actions are obviously not real, the artwork, architecture, documents, and secret rituals depicted in this novel all exist (for example, Leonardo Da Vinci's paintings, the Louvre pyramid, the Gnostic Gospels, Hieros Gamos, etc.). These real elements are interpretted and debated by fictional characters. While it is my belief that the theories discussed by these characters have merit, each individual reader must explore these characters' viewpoints and come to his or her own interpretations. My hope in writing this novel was that the story would serve as a catalyst and a springboard for people to discuss the important topics of faith, religion, and history.

Speaks for itself really

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Researches at the MysticalUnicorn Institute claim the holy grail's location is revealed in a Harrison Ford Film. Experts agree that the holy grail is an ugly, yet holy cup. Experts warn if you drink water from the wrong cup you will die!

Experts urge historians to watch Indiana Jone's quest for the holy grail.

Dr.Jones has book providing information on this.

The nazi's might fight for it though.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Most of what we "know" about the Grail has come from Arthurian legend and best-selling novels. Do your selves a favor and do some DEEP research.

Personally, I'm willing to put A LITTLE weight in parts of the "Holy Blood-Holy Grail" theory and suggest looking around Rennes-du-Chateau, in the South of France, and especially the Chateau of Blanchfort, only a few miles away, for hidden icons and such. But is the Grail there? Who knows?

BTW: The word "Grail" comes from the Latin word "Gradal" which means a small serving dish. NOW what are you looking for? Here's also a little something, courtesy of Compton's Encyclopedia:

In later versions of the book, ( La Conte du Graal.) Perceval is replaced by Sir Gawain, who goes in search of the lance that had pierced Christ's side at the crucifixion. In a 13th-century treatment of the story by Wolfram von Eschenbach, the Grail is a precious stone that has fallen from heaven, not a cup. Wolfram's story became the basis for Richard Wagner's last opera, 'Parsifal' (1882).
The Grail story is given an explicitly Christian interpretation in the work of Robert de Borron written around the end of the 12th century. He wrote an early history of the Grail in his 'Joseph of Arimathea', based on a figure described in the New Testament as present at the crucifixion. Borron identifies the Grail as the cup used at the Last Supper. The Grail is eventually brought to Western Europe, where it is connected with the founding of the Round Table by King Arthur's father, Uther Pendragon.

---------------------------------------------------------
Excerpted from The Complete Reference Collection
Copyright � 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997 The Learning Company, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Okay...NOW what are we looking for? A Chalise, a rock, or a plate?

Here's a link to the New Advent Catholic Encyclopedia article on the Holy Grail.

www.newadvent.org...

[edit on 13-11-2004 by Toelint]

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 12:49 AM
link   
no-one even knows (atleast the pubic) what the grail even is...let alone where it is...i think we'll all know in due time...maybe not in our lifetime...but eventually...

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I think it is posible through the use of various methods to view the chalis and its location but why, all you would see is a very old vessel and the suroundings of its location. I dont believe it would hold any magical power and in the end be challenged by most to be non authentic. what would be the purpose of truly finding this item?.
Parker

[edit on 22-11-2004 by parker]

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 04:33 AM
link   
unless jesus had a really large kidney stone this topic is really pointless.

it was the breaking of the bread and the pouring of the wine that is in memory in him.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I was just looking at a copy of The Last Supper by Leonardo De Vinci. Guess What? There is NO CHALIS...NO WINE GLASSES....on the table at all.

There are, however, plenty of plates! I presume that the one plate in front of Jesus is the plate used to serve either the Passover unleavened bread...or one of the two chagigah lambs. (A lamb prepared to Passover standards.) Since meals served during Passover are served in segments (One Item of the meal served on each plate.) It's likely that Lamb or Bread was the only thing served on the plate.

Just as important, is it's more likey a plate would end up at the base of the crucifix, to catch a few drops of Jesus's blood, than a cup. As practicing Jews, Mary and Joseph WERE REQUIRED to eat a Passover meal before sundown. I'm assuming that Mary and Joseph never left Jesus's side until his ultimate death.

The short of it is this. Mary and Joseph ate their Passover meal at the base of the Crucifix. Sundown was coming fast. To insure that those crucified were dead before Passover officially started, the gaurds broke their legs to put their full weight on their arms, thus forcing their lungs to fill with fluid. In short, those crucified drowned in their own body fluids. To further insure Jesus was dead, they punctured his chest with a spear.

The pressure of his lungs deflating probably sent a clear fluid, resembling water, over a fair sized area. (Sorry for getting somewhat ghoulish) It's no surprise to me that some of his blood was caught by the Passover plate.

Now here's an interesting thought. The odds of the caterer serving Mary and Joseph on Calgery, and the Apostles the night before, being the same person, is pretty darn high, considering the unpopularity of the Apostles and Jesus at that time.

Another interesting fact: Remember the mention of Joeseph of Arimathaea in my earlier post? He was the member of the Sanhedrin who also knew Jesus outside the Temple, and was in fact the virgin Mary's uncle. It was he who donated his own tomb for Jesus to be interred. He actually broke Hebrew law doing this. For this act, he was imprisoned for forty years.

What was it that kept him alive in prison for all those years? Mary gave him the Grail. Apparently, eating off the plate kept him going. Upon his release, it's believed he was sent to Britain by St. Philip to preach there and it's presumed, founded the Glastonbury Abby in Somersett.

Perhaps you can start your search there and work backwards. No doubt, he left earmarks at other points around Europe.

[edit on 22-11-2004 by Toelint]

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Remember in the Movie, Indiana Jones And The Last Crusade, when Indy is "wise" enough to pick a cup that appeared to be made by a carpenter?

I'd like to present a very different scenario:

Imagine Indy in the same situation, and the keeper says to him, "drink well, and you'll live forever." He then pours water into two cups stationed on a serving platter. spilling only a drop or two on the platter.

If Indy had REALLY done his homework, wouldn't he simply push BOTH Chalis's aside...and lick the drops off the platter?

Now, THERE'S AN ENDING!

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by parker
I think it is posible through the use of various methods to view the chalis and its location but why, all you would see is a very old vessel and the suroundings of its location. I dont believe it would hold any magical power and in the end be challenged by most to be non ethentic. what would be the purpose of truly finding this item?.
Parker

No offense, but that's like asking, "Why look for Noah's Ark?"

Ego, my friend. Pure and Simple. As far as it's authentication goes, an expert wouldn't steer you wrong on purose.

If nothing else, have your way with it, THEN hand it over to the Church. Who knows...maybe you CAN live forever!

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Interesting subject.

I cannot see that the "cup" from the "last supper" would have had any magical powers, it would have been just a drinking vessel that when finished with would have been put in the washing bowl. Anyway Jesus himself didn't drink from it.

KJV Matt 26 :27 And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it; 28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins. 29 But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom.

It is suggested in legend that the drinker would gain "everlasting life", his disciples drank from it and are they alive today?

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Here's a question. Who in fact came up with this "everlasting life" fable? If true happiness is found through death....and meeting God....and being in heaven...why would you ever want to live forever? This doesn't seem like a reward for finding the grail in a Christian mindset, it seems like a punishment.

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I'm just gonna lurk. You guys are not only over my head, but you have time and resources I don't have.

May I please just stand by and listen?

Thanks

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I guess when i speak of the grail its with a little bit of apathy,in the context of remote viewing it as just an object.however this object could lead you to more interesting posibilities.

In its context as a target it is just a cup, now if you could speak to the owner that would be something.One person who claims to have done just that is Joseph Mcmoneagle. He was one of the original viewers in the US military and one of the best. In his book The Ultimate Time Machine Mcmoneagle has a chapter in this book under( historical explorations) called "The Jesus Transcript" it took place in 1983 and his monitor was the founder of the Monroe institute Robert Monroe. In this transcript Mcmoneagle alludes to several physical manifestations of Jesus on Earth during different time periods in its pre-history.

according to the transcript "the life as chroicled is inacurate" when asked how by monitor RM he goes on to say that ."There was an awful lot left out.
There was very little data passed through the...what was then percieved as a secret brotherhood .Bits and pieces were sewn together in a pattern and embellished,hashed over, talked about edited, edited, etc. The man was far more intense, far more ...ah..nonparticipating in what was going on around him. It was as if he knew the course, so to speak, but knew the result".
If you get a chance to read this book there are many facinating aspects to the Jesus transript. Thats why to me the grail is subject to interpretation.
Parker

P.S I should mention that Mcmoneagles remote viewing target (TRV coordinate- Blind Target) as monitored by Robert Monroe.
Was this : "who or what was Jesus, and why was he here?.

[edit on 22-11-2004 by parker]

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Is this a real question or a rhetorical trick?

"Jesus" was actually called "Yeshua." There are NO JAY's in Hebrew.

Are you aware that angels incarnate as humans? Genesis has stories about this.

Okay. Melchizadek also incarnated as a human. He was not a human.
[nod]

So, you don't have to be a human to incarnate as a human. You don't have to be the outcome of a sexual tryst to begin life as a human.

With the prevalence of in vitro fertilization, why does this surprise you?

Who is "Jesus"? He is a--

Light Body whose ONLY PARENT is YHVH. He has a full-sister by the name of Alpha [named as "The Holy Spirit"] whose characteristics complement his.

His Father, YHVH, wrote the DNA for most Universe life-planets, and He remains in contact with the Ancient of Days, which is the RECORD of ALL personalizing Wills who have ever existed in TIME.

Why are they HERE? Because this is the only space left that is fit for life habitation. They rest of space is too dangerous for Life to occupy. We're close to the End of Time.

What happens after the end of time? Another collapse of matter and then eventually, another Big Bang. A Big Bang is the "annual cycle" of Beings after the specie of YHVH. YHVH is THE DOMINANT ONE of His Specie.

Why did Jesus come here--to establish a "feedback loop" so that Living Souls could find their way back to their Roots, Heavenly Father, or whatever you want to CALL, our Progenitor.

It's just about time to Go Home. This Planet is in the process of being emptied by EVIL. And while that happens, YHVH is busy judging, sifting and sorting Souls to CONSERVE all the Good that He can find to salvage.

Jesus came to fulfill the capital punishment provision of the Law, so that YHVH might JUDGE which souls would live by Grace and mercy and which souls demanded the right to remain predatory.

Predatory souls end up as "bugs."

Jesus mission was completed and it was successful. As he prophesied, the "Christians" split up into those who wanted to continue capital punishment for "sin" [the tares] and those who wanted to live by tolerance, Truth and Peace [the wheat].

That sifting and sorting continues as I write this.

It's all going to come out in the wash. : ) Every soul's AURA makes absolutely PLAIN, what that soul is about: predation or pacifism.

[edit on 22-11-2004 by Emily_Cragg]

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I've said this on another thread conserning the Holy Grail, but I'll say it again for grins. We need the scholars to pick up the ball and run with this.

By all means, sign me up!

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuTroll
unless jesus had a really large kidney stone this topic is really pointless.

it was the breaking of the bread and the pouring of the wine that is in memory in him.

Not only is this quote funny its to the point. I don't want to get baited into a classic ecclesiastical scrum, suffice it to say the quest for the Grail, or for that matter Noah's ark would only prove certain things to certain people.
And i think thats as far as it goes.
Parker

[edit on 23-11-2004 by parker]

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toelint
I was just looking at a copy of The Last Supper by Leonardo De Vinci. Guess What? There is NO CHALIS...NO WINE GLASSES....on the table at all.

Leonardo wasn't there when the last supper occured, if it did occur, which I doubt, so this proves nothing.

[edit on 11/23/04 by NotTooHappy]

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by NotTooHappy

Originally posted by Toelint

Leonardo wasn't there when the last supper occured, if it did occur, which I doubt, so this proves nothing.

[edit on 11/23/04 by NotTooHappy]

That you doubt it happened says something in itself.

I'm saying that if Jesus was the Ultra-Jew the New Testament makes him out to be, the Last Supper MOST CERTAINLY DID happen. Yes, I know the Last Supper painting isn't a Polaroid of the event, but a man with the attention to detail of Di Vinci will certainly remember to put something on the table to wash down all that food. Where's the glasses?

Di Vinci wasn't talentless nor stupid. There's a reason why there's no glasses. I simply choose to spin it into my theories on the Grail.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 12:09 PM
link   
STOP THE MADNESS!!!

I can settle this once and for all:

The Holy Grail is in my Aunt Edna's basement. Has been for years. OK, everybody happy now? I spilled the family secret. Dont see what the big fuss is all about, just a damned cup anyways....

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Here's an interesting story I found at CBS news...I figured you all might like this.

www.cbsnews.com...

Okay, here's another

www.guardian.co.uk...

Crack the code...FIND THE GRAIL! (maybe)

[edit on 26-11-2004 by Toelint]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join