It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cryptography: Challenge for ATS, Solve the Riddle..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I don't have this one completely solved yet, but I have a bulk of it figured out... The section in which I have chosen(outlined below), I do have figured out, the rest I can only present theories on.

Well... here it is...

Schoolhouse Rock
Little Twelvetoes

So... there's the video, fun... wasn't it lol. Now... what to focus on.

Now if man had been born with 6 fingers on each hand, his children
would have 'em too. And when they played hide-and-go-seek they'd
count by sixes fast. And when they studied piano, they'd do their
six-finger exercises. And when they went to school, they'd learn the
golden rule, and how to multiply by twelve easy: just put down a
zero. But me, I have to learn it the hard way.

For full text(transcript)...
www.schoolhouserock.tv...

Now, there's a lot more to it(obviously) than what I choose to focus on, but it will distract(kinda/not really) from the answer in solving this part of the riddle...

Hint:
7 Letter Name
El
I wish I could give more hints than that, but it would make it too obvious I'm afraid.

The reason I am bringing forth this riddle, is because I notice that there are sometimes threads on here, that try to find the deeper or hidden meaning in texts(especially ancient)... So I'm presenting a rather simple one for practice.

I did a quick search online, and found no one has covered this, so I'm pretty confident that you will find no help anywhere... it's all up to you and your mind! As silly as this seems... the answer runs kinda deep, and will not disapoint.

PS: I will try and check up as often as possible, to find out if someone has figured it out. You've got 3 days... I'm guessing it will only take 6-12 hours, but we'll see...

EDIT: Mods, feel free to move, wasn't sure where it belonged
edit on 1-12-2011 by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS because: for mods

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
ELEVENS ?
edit on 1-12-2011 by skepticconwatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
snap judgement was elephant but will read it better and maybe give it a real shot if I don't get bored.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher
ELENIN ?

Nope, sorry... try again.

Another Hint:
Dek El Doh
Etymology
(The 'Doh' part isn't of too much importance)

If the answers get too far off track, I will give more clues in 24 hours.

Good Luck!
edit on 1-12-2011 by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS because: additional information

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Eleanor?

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS

Watched the vid...read the page...fail to see a riddle....what is the "riddle" ?

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Ok, I see this is more difficult than I thought it was going to be... not your fault, I didn't really give all that much detail. Although the only detail you will need is in the words of Little Twelvetoes anyway...

The answer:

Not one word...

What is this in reference to?
Once you have that part figured out, the whole, "count by sixes" part will make sense. So will the reference to number twelve. What does, Etymology mean, origin of 'Dek' and 'El'.
The greatest reference in this entire rittle is the name of the show itself, Schoolhouse Rock.

'The RULE that will set us free can be brought ''FOURTH by(x) THREE'' and falls where the Seventh lay.
Do not JUDGE, or JUDGED you'll be, untill the 7th seal has come to be.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cryptography (or cryptology; from Greek κρυπτός, "hidden, secret"; and γράφειν, graphein, "writing", or -λογία, -logia, "study", respectively)[1] is the practice and study of techniques for secure communication in the presence of third parties (called adversaries).
Cryptology prior to the modern age was almost synonymous with encryption, the conversion of information from a readable state to apparent nonsense. The sender retained the ability to decrypt the information and therefore avoid unwanted persons being able to read it.
en.wikipedia.org...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This entire 'poem' or song as you could call it, is in direct reference towards something... What is it? It will all make sense once you figure that part out.
edit on 1-12-2011 by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS because: Additional information

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
elf toes

edit on 1-12-2011 by jonco6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
ok we got if meaning not existing then we have 6,3 times in the text. el means god or is short for god and dek means

*dek- "to take, accept, to receive, greet, be suitable"
unless you are referring to it being used as a 10 base and has no etymology( edit it may but not in the online etymology dictionary) so either this is getting way to religious way to fast for me or you might not be giving the best of clues. unless you are looking for something like el=god=el to call forth by 3 as it has been written. Or your riddle is ill defined witch would be my guess. So if you would like to define the question you are trying to ask that would be great thanks.
edit on 1-12-2011 by jonco6 because: +

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Golden Rule:
en.wikipedia.org...

The Golden Rule or ethic of reciprocity is a maxim,[2] ethical code, or morality[3] that essentially states either of the following:
(Positive form): One should treat others as one would like others to treat oneself.[2]
(Negative/prohibitive form, also called The Silver Rule): One should not treat others in ways that one would not like to be treated.

The Golden Rule is arguably the most essential basis for the modern concept of human rights, in which each individual has a right to just treatment, and a reciprocal responsibility to ensure justice for others.

Why 12?

12So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

Why 'Hide-and-go-seek'

6“Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and then turn and tear you to pieces.

Ask, Seek, Knock

7“Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 8For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.

Why Schoolhouse Rock

24“Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock.

28When Jesus had finished saying these things, the crowds were amazed at his teaching, 29because he taught as one who had authority, and not as their teachers of the law.

niv.scripturetext.com...

Why count by Six:
Matthew 7
1-6: Judging others
7-12: 'sums up the Law and the Prophets'
13-18: Short fable/analogy of Tree
19-24: What to do, to build your house on the rock

Who would have thought that backdoor bible thumping tactics could go right over the heads of just about every listener. Now you have an example how one can insert directions of reading another body of texts in a 'coded' and seemingly unrelated context.
Although this is a rather 'childish' and innocent topic, this is absolutely no stranger in many prophecy, famous poems, plays, and other forms of literature.

So the next time you see references that seem to stick out, like those in this example:
'hide-and-go-seek'
'golden rule'
'count by sixes'
or even 'schoolhouse rock'
You can recognize that not only is what your reading may be in the context of 'The number 12', but is not confined in context as it also is a narative and gives direction to a different body of texts. Like I said, this is innocent by all means, but please believe that this is not always the case.
There are many 'truth' seekers out there, and much of the 'truth' is hidden in a web of words... don't take everything at face-value, for the deeper 'hidden' meaning is not so easy to discover.

People often wonder why others(elite,occult, or esoteric) knowledge isn't always presented in a manner that is easy to read and comprehend... This is because... well here, I will just provide you with more of Matthew, for it best illustrates this point:

Matthew 7: 6-8

6“Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and then turn and tear you to pieces.

Ask, Seek, Knock

7“Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 8For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.

Worth is derived from work, especially in being of worthy for 'sacred' knowledge. Which then correlates with causality(reference to work) being the construct of happiness.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

sort of see what your getting at, but not really. I know alot about the duodecimal system now though so I would have to thank you for that.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeussusZ

sort of see what your getting at, but not really. I know alot about the duodecimal system now though so I would have to thank you for that.

Well... to further illustrate this. Here's a thread I started a little while back, in which outlines another example of this 'cryptic' or 'hidden meaning' method being used in literature.

Jesus, Royal Family, and India! School For Scandal ?!?!?!,
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Now, think about it, Sir Oliver, trys to purchas a picture of 'Uncle Oliver', who I would say are both to be Jesus, using the India refernce to equate 'Uncle Oliver' to Jesus

AND, this is obviously about the Royal Family, but you might have to read more of it to figure that part out... I provided the link above, and one more time here...
www.bartleby.com...

This ties in BOTH Jesus and India, and... Jesus and Royal Family! And... was written in the later 18th century! Obviously waaay before 1894!

If you read the thread in its entirety and do a little research on your own, you will find that Richard Brinsley Butler Sheridan is a very good candidate for knowing, and relaying this information in such a fashion.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
This form of communication is not limited to literature or spoken word, but can also be found in the use of symbolism...
One example of this is found in Microsoft, in which I covered here....

Facebook users average 3.74 degrees of separation", Internet becoming 1
www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's to represent a Extraversion or extraverted outlook on the world, looking outside of yourself, through the window into the world, and becoming the future.
If you are to check out just exactly the behaviour of Extraversion, it very well describes the internet as a whole. As we convey information back and forth, we continue to deny ignorance in a way, and if we are to all come to agreements using reasoning and methodology in which binary is constructed of, we will become 1...

I fell short in covering all the aspects of that thread, because there was a lack of participation on the part of ATS'ers. So like it was said before... 'hide-and-go-seek'. Although what can be derived from this example isn't all that much importance, it's more or less just fruit for thought.

new topics

top topics

join