It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fate of the Dome of the Rock

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Since i appreciate the amount of work that went into this beautiful structure, it would be nice if the Arabs accepted (since the Jews would be more then willing, since it would avoid a horrendous Muslim backlash) the transference of the Dome of the rock to a place other then the spot of the Holy Mount, so the Jews can build their future Temple on the spot of Adams creation. (How sickening is it that the Waqf simultaneously denies the existence of there ever being a Jewish temple, YET, the supposition that the creation of Adam occurred in the cavern beneath the mount, is a Hebraic tradition. Not to mention the Herodian architecture i.e. the western wall, throughout the old city)

The only other alternative is for this building, along with the Al Aqsa mosque, to be blown to smithereens. And I know there are plenty of religious Jews anxious to see this happen.

This may sound 'offensive' but i truly believe this will one day happen, and that day may not be that far away. Perhaps it'll come when Israel is in the midst of war - which will allow them the political freedom to get away with it. Or if a religious revolution occurs in the country, and the Orthodox - traditionalists take control of the government. What then? Israel will surely destroy these ancient Islamic buildings..... And perhaps, be as justified in doing it as the Romans who destroyed the Jewish Temples..

So, perhaps the only solution, if the Muslims care to preserve the artistic merit of the Dome of the rock, is to transfer the Dome to another location in Jerusalem, Israel, or some place else in the Muslim world.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Hasn't it been prophecized that the Dome would be destroyed and that would signify the beginning of the end of days?

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I agree we should take it down. But I believe a super IHOP would be the most suitable replacement. I can worship me some pancakes. Allah/Yahweh just doesn't do it for me.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally
(How sickening is it that the Waqf simultaneously denies the existence of there ever being a Jewish temple, YET, the supposition that the creation of Adam occurred in the cavern beneath the mount, is a Hebraic tradition. Not to mention the Herodian architecture i.e. the western wall, throughout the old city)

Well I was alive in ancient times and born in the great pyramid hence, my tradition being the study and worship of pyramids.

Prove me wrong.

Just because it is a belief and "tradition" doesn't necessarily apply any fact to the matter or give me any claim to the great pyramid.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

What makes you think that Israel would even be Israel if there is a war? Maybe, JUST MAYBE, the muslims win and take back what is rightfully theirs.

And there is no way Israel would sanction the destroying of anything near the Temple Mount.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
How nice have the Muslims move their sacred temple so the Jews can rebuild the temple they used to sacrifice animals to god in. That makes a lot of sense. It's time to tell the spoiled child of the middle east no you can't have what you want this time.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I think leaving the dome there and pushing the oppressive israeli regime into the ocean would be the better idea.
Maybe there would be peace in the mideast finally.
Well, if we can keep the christians out of there anyway.
But, crusades buy weapons and that is what this is all about.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
How nice have the Muslims move their sacred temple so the Jews can rebuild the temple they used to sacrifice animals to god in. That makes a lot of sense. It's time to tell the spoiled child of the middle east no you can't have what you want this time.

The logic of the OP is unbelievable.

"Muslims, your dome is beautiful and everything, and it has been here for 1,320 years, but this is our place now, and if you want it intact you better move it. I don't really give a turd as to where you put it, but it has to go."

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Hear hear!

It's like the Welsh asking the English to move their stonehedge so that the Welsh can erect a stone monument to the dragon on their flag.

I wonder how feasible it even is to move a temple without damaging it?

Those arrogant Moslems, how dare they have holy places of worship!

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Pirateofpsychonautics

Just because it is a belief and "tradition" doesn't necessarily apply any fact to the matter or give me any claim to the great pyramid.

I'm not following. Are you trying to create an analogy between the Waqf's simultaneous rejection of Jewish history, of a solomon, and a Temple, and the Islamic records which explain the site of the Dome of the rock as the place Adam was created - a tradition clearly derived from the Talmud, which predates the building of the Dome by some 400 years???

There's no analogy. Or a very bad attempt at one.

You can't both say the temple didnt exist, and yet retain a tradition that you got through the Jews.. Its a mind blowing contradiction. Its idiotic.
edit on 30-11-2011 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

It's not a sacred Temple to the Muslims. In fact, they allow animals in the dome of the rock.

The muslim holy site is the Kaaba in Mecca. Why should they get two at the expense of Judaism? Thats BS.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

And when have the jews ever gotten what they want?

You people repulse me with your ignorance.

Read Dhimmitude, In Ishmaels House, and other books to get an idea of the 'privileged' place of Jews in Muslim society and culture.

On the contrary, the Muslims and Christians have been spoiled, and the Jews, the despoiled.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by olliemc84

That is fairly logical. I'm saying, as a piece of architectural art, i'd like to see the Dome of the rock preserved. But, not at the further expense of the Jews. They have been prevented for far too long from having autonomy in the land.

They are back. and that means, Islam has to come to its senses. It cannot usurp other peoples holy sites. I don't care if it happened 1300 years ago. Judaism is 3000 years old. 1700 years older then Islams building that structure.

And besides, they have the Kaaba in Mecca. That is the center of Islam. The Dome is just a reminder to the Jews that they have their holy place.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Pirateofpsychonautics

Thats a good question.

But then again, more amazing feats of engineering have been down.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally

And when have the jews ever gotten what they want?

You lost me with your OP, but you REALLY lost me with this one.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I say let go of the past. It is a shrine to God, or Allah, or whichever name used to describe our Creator. The point is mute, but representative of the relentless bickering amonst brothers who forget the most basic point of their religions; the faith and worship of their common God (by any name).

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by goldcoin

And you've lost me with where you think i've lost you

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

I want the damn thing destroyed and I'll celebrate that day it happens.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Blame Moshe Dayan. Israel raised its flag over the Dome in '67 after the Six Day War, but Dayan gave power over to the waqf to "keep peace".

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by lambs to lions

Two main points to address:

• the architecture of the Mosque is gnostic. This is a major issue for Judaism.
  • The Jews are not even ALLOWED to pray at the mosque...and yet you tell them "forget the past".. We havent even got to the point where Muslims will let Jews with prayer books step foot on the mount. And you wonder why this question persists.

We have two very stubborn, and completely immovable traditions standing face to face. The former doesn't care very deeply for the dome of the rock. It is a tertiary thing to them. Mecca - Kaaba, and Medina, come ahead of Jerusalem. So why should they always be in a position to dictate, when they haven't even shown the bare minimum of decency to let the Jews pray at the Temple mount - the central core of their religion.

The Kaaba in Islam is what the Temple Mount is to the Jew. And yet people ignore this. What insensitivity to the plight of the Jew.

You people can even say, in seriousness, that the Jew always gets what he wants. Are you for real? Roman persecutions, Byzantium persecutions, Muslim, Catholic, crusades, inquisitions, cossak massacres, holocaust - this is a people which gets what it wants? How deluded you have become!. because they are strong today, you asininely claim its always been this way.

Its a shame people can speak that way without understanding the gravity of the untruth of their words.

• top topics

<<   2 >>

join