It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sky News The Propaganda Machine Is In Effect

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I was watching Sky News before, it's on in the background while I'm kicking ass on Battlefield. Anyway I happened to hear that the UK is pulling out of Iran and has told the Iranian embassy in the UK they have 24 hours to leave.

I started watching it and this "expert" on middle easy issues started talking he was saying how Iran was wrong to go into the embassy, how they are a threat to peace and then he goes "I wouldn't be suprised if we go to war with Iran" or something to that effect.

I know Sky News is owned by a member of the elite (if you believe that) I'm now 100% certain we are going to war with Iran. Over a news segment? No. over the pieces of the puzzle fitting in to place.

Look at the similarities with Iraq, news outlets built up hatred for that country by spewing "lies" and hyped up stories (soldiers killing babies in incubators from the Gulf War?). The dossier of lies "Iraq could hit us (Europe) within 42 minutes" messed them up big time and showed us how it is an illegal war.

It's like when they show polar bears on a tiny piece of ice to build an argument for global warming, they never show the full picture. It's always zoomed in on the bad part. I'd try and find a good story about Iran but I really doubt I could find one.

I know there are a lot of people on here who stand by their views on Iran as a bad country but you can never judge a whole nation by one/a few person/people. If this was the case every country would be bombing one another.

IMO there will be a war with Iran and it will be soon..... I'll wait for the news to start baiting Russia with "stories" about them until I get my B.O.B ready.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
And you were playing battlefield lol, seems counter productive dont you think? I mean, I play video games but I cant go near First person shooters, feel like im being brainwashed.

Edit: i dont mean to judge you, I just know these games are funded by military and think of the drone strikes being operated by joysticks and how death is easy to accept through a screen.

Im out of the main stream media loop entirely, when I do watch it though... its clear there is tactical re-patterning going on, and its best avoided.
edit on 30-11-2011 by el1jah because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Keep in mind that Iran is not Iraq , Afganistan or Vietnam . They actually have strong allies (China , Russia ) . I don't believe USA will go to war against China and Russia .

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by R3N3G4D3

I know there are a lot of people on here who stand by their views on Iran as a bad country but you can never judge a whole nation by one/a few person/people. If this was the case every country would be bombing one another.

I think the Iranian leadership have more than their fair share of people running a few cans short of a six pack but I couldn't agree with you more about the Iranian people. There was a thread on ATS not long ago with an extensive photo spread of Iran in normal life and it was striking how much like us the people on the street look...and the streets themselves for that matter. Iran is no somalia or Afghanistan.

I also agree the propaganda machine is spinning up on all fronts now and things are turning quite serious with real world actions like closing embassies and expelling Ambassadors with their staff. War looks inevitable, alright. It's also wrong...on SO many levels. Those normal Iranian people...and quite possibly many normal people in Western nations..will die and for what?

Good thread.. It's nice to know others feel as strong about this coming war being wrong all the way around.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by R3N3G4D3
... I'm now 100% certain we are going to war with Iran. Over a news segment? No. over the pieces of the puzzle fitting in to place.

I'm not. There’s no puzzle.

Oh, I know it is an unpopular view amongst the doom laden war mongers who seem to inhabit ATS nowadays, but war with Iran will not happen. However right or wrong a war would be, it would just become another millstone and that’s not what is wanted by the US, the UK or anyone cares to wear anymore.

It won’t happen because Iran will fall to pieces without any help from the outside and the West will play the long view with Iran. The fact that Iran is stirring the pot is symptomatic of a crappy authoritarian regime in decline. There are numerous threads on these Boards with Iranian sources saying how they will do X, Y and Z and blah, blah, huff and puff. It is all pandering to a domestic audience with a message of victimhood.

Iran will build their bomb. Iran will be isolated, but there won’t be a war. I sure this will dissapoint many folk hereabouts.

Regards

edit on 30/11/2011 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by paraphi

I think this would be the best case scenario for everyone. Why on earth do you think that
"Many here will be disappointed"? I for one would not.

I still believe there is great opportunity ahead through diplomacy concerning the "Silent Majority"

of people in Iran. Not so , with the Religious and Political Leaders there though.

They are playing a repeat of the same old game again.

Storming an Embassy instead of Deporting the Staff? Low Brow Gutterball Tactics.

Orgasmically burning flags in the streets? Brainwash.

To the O.P. haven't read Skynews before, I will give it a glance.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by OrNaM3nT
Keep in mind that Iran is not Iraq , Afganistan or Vietnam . They actually have strong allies (China , Russia ) . I don't believe USA will go to war against China and Russia .

I will re phrase that for you....
I dont think think Russia and China will go to war with the USA for Iran....
sorry but its game on and Iran will change soon. good or bad who knows . I hope not but it looks like they are serious this time.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by paradiselost333

A person brought up an interesting point a couple of days ago about the Chinese. I am not saying this is happening but it is possible the Chinese are playing the waiting game, letting everyone else go nuts on each other and then coming in to clean up the mess, sort of like the USA in world war 2.

new topics

top topics

join