It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Raid on the British Embassy in Iran Raid Was Merely an Occupy Protest

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Just came across this and thought I would put it out there just because it is a different take to the mainstream story... Hostilities against Iran have been running high with the propoganda machine in full swing. Probably because the elite want to control the oil and install a Rockafella central bank....

What do you call a group of students breaking in to a foreign embassy, hurling Molotov cocktails and torching vehicles? If you're Britain and it's your embassy in Iran, you call it "utterly unacceptable and we condemn it." But if you're Iran's semi-official Fars News Agency, it's an Occupy movement!

www.theatlanticwire.com...

Well it appears no one was hurt and maybe no hostages were taken. Again a different set of events than that were published on the mainstream news in the UK...

UK embassy attack, but state photog just happened to be there & upload some great shots," tweeted The Atlantic's Max Fisher. The Guardian's correspondent Saeed Kamali Dehghan added that state media was reporting that "police used tear gas to disperse them," even though, as The New York Times' Robert Mackey pointed out "there is no evidence of gas in any of the video from state television or the many photographs published by Fars

So would you consider this to be part of the world wide occupy movement..?

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

I consider this part of the "leave us alone movement" from Iran

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
No, just no...

It has nothing to do with any Occupy whatever movement. It was a group of nationalist Iranians striking a blow for their country against foreign opressors, being the Brits for imposing such heavy sanctions on Iran. Are they supposed to just lie down and take it like loyal subjects?

By Iranian officials claiming it is part of that movement I see it as more of a tongue in cheek statement; "don't chastise our people, your citizens are behaving similarly in your own backyard".

I never want to hear the word occupy again. Or organic. Or progressive. To name a few.
edit on 30/11/11 by Pirateofpsychonautics because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Looks like a silly attempt to smooth the situation. Last time I checked it, attack an embassy was considered an act of war. I could be wrong, you tell me.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
The people truly affected by sanctions are not the elites of these governments, it is the common man who has to suffer. I applaud their reaction to the evermore invasive war machine that sticks it nose where it doesn't belong.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shillbillyjim
The people truly affected by sanctions are not the elites of these governments, it is the common man who has to suffer. I applaud their reaction to the evermore invasive war machine that sticks it nose where it doesn't belong.

So, it's ok to destroy an embassy. Since when? How come?.....You lost me

I don't think so. Again, maybe I'm wrong.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I am pretty sure that an attack on a diplomatic mission (posh term for Embassy) was considered a definitive declaration of war by the attackers.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

Wow idk that.. so if i go and throw a brick through the US embassy in London. I as an individual have declared war on America and might get hunted down by a drone...

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

He should clarify and say a "State sanctioned attack" on an embassy. If you did it, that would just be a criminal offence and you'd be nicked for criminal damage, get a slap on the wrist and be on your way.

The Boxer rebellion in China was state sanctioned attacks on the diplomatic quarters of the Great powers of the day. They then all ganged up with each other and slapped China silly for it.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Pretty sure storming an embassy and taking hostages isn't what the Occupy Movement is about. If the Hostages hadn't been released it could have had a much worser outcome for everyone.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Thetawave

I am not sure they took hostages.. There are conflicting reports...

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
reply to post by Trueman

Wow idk that.. so if i go and throw a brick through the US embassy in London. I as an individual have declared war on America and might get hunted down by a drone...

Haha....well, if you get caught they will probably take you down twisting one of your arms, then 2 or 3 cops will sit on top of you pepper spraying your face, making really hard to breath for you. Then you'll be taken to a room, where you'll be naked and then you'll enjoy a nice cavity search.

Finally you'll be taken to one of those rooms with a mirrow (they see you but you don't see them), and the interrogation will take place.

Few days later, they will find out you are not a terrorist, just a crazy guy and you'll end at a mental hospital if you are lucky. Otherwise, they will put you in jail, sharing room with a big guy called "Bubba", who will ask you to pick up the soap at the showers.

Meanwhile, all your family will have to move to other town where nobody knows them (they all will hate you for this).

.....in theory.

edit on 1-12-2011 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join