It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Perry doesn't even know the legal voting age in America?? What a tool..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Rick Perry, how can I say this, DROP OUT! You are not fit to run Texas, let alone the United States of America. In this clip he not only gets the legal voting age wrong, but also the voting date?

And this idiot is a canidate for POTUS??? I'm truely speachless right now. Ron Paul gets ignored while these bunch of idiots get praised and put up on the "top teir"? What a joke. IMO, Perry, Cain, Bachman, Santorum and huntsman should all be left out of the next debate. They are just leaving them in to take time away from the only real presidential canidate on stage, Ron Paul.
edit on 30-11-2011 by imawlinn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
they're not called puppets for nothing. they don't even have to know their name. just follow orders.

and to offer some defence, he is part of the american educational system.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
yes he should drop out. He was 'flavor of the week' last month. His 15 minutes came and went. Side note - every one of the GOP candidates are pretty worthless this time around. Newt has the most experience but most people (me included) can't get past seeing him sitting cozy with Nancy Pelosi on that park bench talking about faux-man-made global warming. Jon Huntsman could do the job, but no one is voting for him because he hasn't got a schtick or stupid catch phrase (like 'yes we can'
) It's a very sad election coming up ... nobody worth voting for ... in any party.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Not even Ron Paul? I think he is the clear choice to go against Obama.
Yes the rest are puppets though.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Ok a few things first voting is a crime read treason by design thread to understand that, second the age and date for voting is set by each individual state so with that being said depending on the question ask it would and does vary. The State sets it own voting rules for age and dates and yes most are the same but this is not always the case nor does it need to be the same. Bottom line learn the law to free your minds and stop being a puppet yourself, you are being used and do not even know it.

Voting is a crime period, if you vote you commit a crime the crime is treason with a min sentence of two years in prison and or death. Read and learn the law and stop being a sheep for the elite.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Funny.
You mean to tell me that you have never had a "brain cramp" and forgot or misstated something?

Obama claimed to have visited all "57 states" amongst other screw ups.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Come on people. Put on your thinking caps. Don't you see that this was a subtle admission on Perry's part that the only way people would vote for him is if they had been drinking?

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499
Funny.
You mean to tell me that you have never had a "brain cramp" and forgot or misstated something?

Obama claimed to have visited all "57 states" amongst other screw ups.

I agree with you completely and the Obama comment immediately sprung to my mind, as well.

We should all REFUSE to continue judging people by obvious misstatements. We ALL do it. How many of us could be filmed day after day and not say the wrong things? I'm sure I'd sound like an idiot at least once per day.

EDIT: And I don't even like Perry---I'm just tired of the gotcha moments.
edit on 30-11-2011 by GeorgiaGirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by drmeola
Ok a few things first voting is a crime read treason by design thread to understand that, second the age and date for voting is set by each individual state so with that being said depending on the question ask it would and does vary. The State sets it own voting rules for age and dates and yes most are the same but this is not always the case nor does it need to be the same. Bottom line learn the law to free your minds and stop being a puppet yourself, you are being used and do not even know it.

Voting is a crime period, if you vote you commit a crime the crime is treason with a min sentence of two years in prison and or death. Read and learn the law and stop being a sheep for the elite.

You might want to re-check your facts. For someone who claims to "know it all," it's more than evident that in reality, you know very little. The legal voting age in the U.S. is 18yrs. old as mandated by the 26th amendment to the constitution and it does not vary from state to state, unless of course you happen to live in the state of ignorance.

en.wikipedia.org...

The Twenty-sixth Amendment (Amendment XXVI) to the United States Constitution limited the minimum voting age to no more than 18. It was adopted in response to student activism against the Vietnam War and to partially overrule the Supreme Court's decision in Oregon v. Mitchell. It was adopted on July 1, 1971.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by drmeola

What's scary is that drmeola might be qualified to vote.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by JIMC5499

I have brain cramps all the time, but I'm not running for POTUS. If you don't even knowsomething as simple as the legal voting age in the US, there is a serious problem, brain fart or not.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by imawlinn

I have brain cramps all the time, but I'm not running for POTUS. If you don't even knowsomething as simple as the legal voting age in the US, there is a serious problem, brain fart or not.

Our current POTUS said that there were 57 states. Think he should be removed from office? He already is a "serious problem".

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   

If you would like to start a thread about Obama saying there is 57 states, feel free to do so. This thread is about Rick Perry. Thank you and good day sir.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

Many will mock as you have but that is only do to your ignorance in the law, you quoted the 26th and many will read it like all things but have no understanding of what is says. We all know common speak or language but few know what the exact same words mean in law. The 26th says "limited the minimum voting age to NO MORE then 18. so what does that mean in law? It means that the MAX MIN age is 18, however the States have always retained the power of voting regulations and can in fact by LAW make the min age to vote any age they please but can NOT lower below the age of 18. Also this is a 1971 decision, like all decisions after the passing of the 14th more known as the evil Amendment to the Constitution for the simple fact it was what enslaved us all. People will never really understand the truth till they lean the law, the law is power, the law is what made us slaves but it is also what can free you once again.

Now if you look closer at the 26th you will see the case law brought into question, it has to do with protesters against the Vietnam War and it was ONLY a PARTIALLY overruling of the Supreme Court's decision. So without a deep study of that one case, and a full understanding of the law, specifically Contract law since everything we do is by contract and why we have no freedom only assumed freedoms by statue ie permission ie permit to even wipe our asses. Wake up and lean the law to truly set yourself free.

edit on 30-11-2011 by drmeola because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by imawlinn

I've come to the conclusion that the GOP secretly has absolutely no intentions of taking over the white house next term.

I suggest no one under 21 votes for Perry, which is what he asked for, right?

He reminds me too much of someone else

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   

If you would like to start a thread about Obama saying there is 57 states, feel free to do so. This thread is about Rick Perry. Thank you and good day sir.

Damn. I thought it was about Perry not being qualified to be President because, he made a mistake on what the voting age is. Emphasis on "mistake". Having gone back and looked at what Perry said, I have to wonder if he made a mistake. Maybe he doesn't want anyone under 21 to vote for him.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Not even Ron Paul? I think he is the clear choice to go against Obama.

I liked Ron Paul but he's come out with some stuff in recent weeks I can't go along with ... AND ... he's too old for the rigors of the job. (unlike Obama who is completely disengaged, Paul would jump in full speed ahead). We'd vote him in and in a year we'd be dealing with the VP. I dunno' who his VP could be .. but it would be just as important as voting for Ron Paul ...

top topics

join