It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you handle internet trolls?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
There is a site I like to visit, but, the forum has no moderator and it’s full of trolls. They will even search for things youve said off site to try and make you look stupid. Any tips on how to handle such losers?

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by mandroids

I would stop going to the site. Simple. I'm sure there must be others around on the internet that you could go frequent. Just do some searching. (Though it is hard to say, as we don't know what the site is about. and if it's against T&C's - please don't post)
edit on 29-11-2011 by TortoiseKweek because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
There has been some VERY dark stuff going on there and i caught a bit of it this week. I think i just need to take all my stuff of my profile. the owners of the site dont help. why should I go though, you know?

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Ignore the trolls and don't interact with them. It seems to me the site you are on is very uncomfortable....I say leave that site. Why are you still there? What is the attraction?

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Hmm good question. you know, theyve even pasted things ive said on here. things i may have said in jest just to make me look stupid.
Its agreed, thats enough. I love ATS better anyway!!

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
by being a better even more powerful troll.........

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by DOADOA

HAHAHAHA...show me how!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Stop going to the site...Block them on the site...Or just don't even reply.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Yeah, youre right. I fought back a bit today, but until the site gets a mod, its just a Tsunami troll idiots...

If i pack up my profile info, dont i look like a loser?

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by mandroids
Hmm good question. you know, theyve even pasted things ive said on here. things i may have said in jest just to make me look stupid.
Its agreed, thats enough. I love ATS better anyway!!

How have they pasted things you have said on that site to ATS? Have they used your screen name here on ATS...and if so...how did they know your pass word?

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I stupidly used the same username for various other site and they would cut and paste things ive said and take them out of context. but i never got the worst of it. some people had their home address and numbers posted, fight meets and one guy had a site made about him by the trolls. its a bad place. thing is, it USED to be a great place.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Internet trolls?
Well, I generally Garotte, muilate a couple of times then rupture then whatever else I throw in there.
But I have not played wow in quite some time.
Other than that I do not know of any other trolls, well none that get my attention anyway.
What I think I'm hinting at is the game is as real or fake as you allow it to be.
If it bores you then quit for a bit.
Hope it helps

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   

I say delete all your information there...and exit out. Also....always use different screen names...(I guess you have learned that..). It is just common sense to leave that site and never return.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
This was originally made up for usenet "newsgroups". But it applies on forums as well.

edit on 11/29/2011 by Klassified because: reformat

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Good replies. I have decided to shut down my profile. VERY bad site. i'll PM if anyone is curious.

Merci, dudes.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by DOADOA
Yes! If you have the right kind of character (or maybe lack of???) Blast the offender back. Just don't hurt others on the forum while your blasting.
But better than that, for your own sanity and character move away and move on. If you give this place a rest and check back in, let's say 6 months or so, you may find a completely different group. Or at least you may find your nemisis has disappeared.
It always helps to develop a thick "cyber skin" and, as in real life, treat others the way you would like to be treated. You know "Golden Rule", "Take the high road", "Be the better Man/Women/Person (whatever fits)".

OR..... be such a jerk that you get yourself kick/banned from the forum forever (the nonCharacter move)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I hear you, but, because the forum has no mods, its 10% good people and 90% animals. it really can get quite nasty on there.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
What's the point in having an internet if you can't troll?

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

This isn't Craigslist Rant & Rave by chance?
I used to get on my local Craigslist forum because of the local vib. This was a few years back. All was good until it turned. I left, checked back after about 6 months, then realized what a time waster it was. Your description sounds simliar to that situation.
In my case the Trolls were good. They helped me to "move on" to a more adult and sensible forum (ATS).

Peace to you my internet Brother or Sister

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Try and make them look stupider. If that doesn't work, then we really must demand that you turn in your internet key immediately.

Is this trolling?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join