It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dying man ignored by shoppers on Black Friday

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   

A Black Friday shopper who collapsed while shopping at a Target store in West Virginia went almost unnoticed as customers continued to hunt for bargain deals.

What really baffled me...

Witnesses say some shoppers ignored and even walked over the man's body as they continued to shop, reports the New York Daily News.

How far do people go to get their LED TV for 50 bucks cheaper...
Is this the sort of mindset that we the people have, in such a unstable economy, government and world? We need to be stronger than ever, we need to be more united than ever. Instead we ignore the dead, and we consume...sick.

Source

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by goldcoin

That really saddens me blah

People In Ameirca and Some here in Canada are mindless drones not sheeps, drones.

Just to think they wouldnt even care if you fall out of the stairs people wouldnt help you at all, they would just look at you, like a mindless lost zombie (Oh look he fell down)

blah

I am glad i joined ATS a not a mindless zombie forum where they talk about the mindless junk.
edit on 28-11-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Not sure, but I think I read a story like this every year for the past four-five years...

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

I almost posted this when it happened. Interesting it has gone international. This was in our local news, happened like an hour from where I live. I went out on Black Friday to watch (never to shop), it's a hobby. Everywhere I went there were lots of cops though, surprised there was no one to help him. They should definitely have extra staff to provide some kind of order, they chaos could be controlled, but they don't want it to be.
edit on 28-11-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
This country needs to be obliterated.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

50 bucks ?

dude I saved $400 !!

just kidding

it's horrifying, the video I've seen of shoppers tearing open boxes to get at electronics, it's disturbing

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Witnesses say some shoppers ignored and even walked over the man's body as they continued to shop, reports the New York Daily News.

So not only were people just stepping over the man, but people were watching them and did nothing? Then they had time to discuss it with a reporter?

Plus, since it was a huge event, you know there was someone monitoring cameras in the security room. Did they just watch, and ignore just trying to find shoplifters?

Sad times...

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
I went out on Black Friday to watch (never to shop), it's a hobby.

Amazing isn't it.....like watching a race to stupid unfold. I've done this as well on occasion. Nothing like watching your average knuckle dragging boob trample anything in its path to save a few bucks on crap, then stand there slack jawed like he/she has claimed victory. Beats going to the movies.

brill
edit on 28-11-2011 by brill because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Unfortunately.....this type of thing happens more than people think. Once (a few years ago) I was in a hospital waiting room....I was in a weakened condition....and I got up to go to the reception desk...and ask when I would be seen.....and I fell...and no one...(and I mean no one)....tried to help me up. Not staff nor other people waiting...I was ignored...at that moment...and I simply didn't matter.

May Walter Vance rest in peace...my heart goes out to him...from this dimension to his.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

yes people of our time are pathetic. ME ME ME Society!!! it saddens me on a daily basis to think that my son
will be growing up in this pathetic world of idiots.
the days of caring for others is gone ... but if you can donate to toys for tots you make up for it all.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
it says at the bottom that the wife refuted the claim and that 6 nurses came to his aid and gave him cpr till the medics showed up so this article is very confusing

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by brill

Yeah it's pretty crazy. I walked into a walmart and got a little anxious too many people way too close and most of them just rude idiots.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by leawyoming

Honestly they probably did, when I heard it originally I kinda wondered because people around here (Appalachians) are usually pretty mannerly and kind. Then again, I saw that madness, so I couldn't say with certainty. I did have a twinge of doubt though.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
What really saddens me is that the media will feed ya'll a line of B.S. and ya'll take it in hook, line and sinker. ESPECIALLY when it involves West Virginia. A close friend of mine was THERE, it happened right in front of them. NO ONE walked over the body, it took a second to figure out what was going on but there were paramedics in line who jumped in to help him.

Preacher believed it too and was preaching about the evilness of it on Sunday morning and it just goes to show that you don't believe every Tom, Dick, or Harry that comes along with a tale to tell.

Quote from the article its self that apparently none of you read in it's entirety before the bashing of humanity started:

While some news organizations say that no one helped the collapsed man, his wife refuted this report. Lynne Vance said six nurses shopping in the store came to her husband's rescue and performed CPR until paramedics arrived, notes the Sunday Gazette Mail.

Black Friday does bring out the worst in people, however you don't have to spread lies to prove that point.
edit on 11/29/2011 by CaffeinatedNightmare because: (fixed a word)

edit on 11/29/2011 by CaffeinatedNightmare because: Added Quote

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by CaffeinatedNightmare

Actually I had some doubt about it, and I think people would be more likely to buy this story from a big city over WV. I don't think they are trying to perpetuate any stereotype here. I would also so that they aren't flat out lying. I bet nurses did come to the aid, but I bet the didn't succeed in moving shoppers back and people didn't care to step over the person that was getting care. I would say a crowd remained.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by leawyoming
it says at the bottom that the wife refuted the claim and that 6 nurses came to his aid and gave him cpr till the medics showed up so this article is very confusing

You must have posted while I was typing so I missed this and wanted to say thank you.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

There were gawkers, as usual when these things happen but they made room. Also, the majority that did walk around (NOT OVER) the collapsed man, saw that he was getting help, knew they were not qualified to help and were moving on to make sure there was room for those who were.

edit on 11/29/2011 by CaffeinatedNightmare because: (no reason given)

top topics

join