It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Children beaten to death - Pattern?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I have only included a few links to the articles on very young children being beaten to death and to see the numbers involved, just type: “Children beaten to death” into your search engine. I wonder if anyone else can see the pattern here and with many other incidents around the western world where young children loose their lives in such a violent and cruel way.

In all four of the links to articles supplied the perpetrator of the murders was the child’s step parent, boyfriend, or partner. In all the other accounts I have read about the same thing applies. Ex boyfriend, ex husband, new boyfriend, new partner, it most certainly appears to be a pattern to me. In a world where even relationships are throwaway one must ask if this society is really the sort of society we should be encouraging? Are we allowing this to happen with a welfare system that encourages young single mothers with no father? Do they have less discernment regarding the men they bring home to their child/ren?

By not having an active support network of family and friends these young mothers and even older ones are vulnerable to any man that pays them a modicum of attention. Once he is in the new home he is like the new lion of a pride, prepared to kill all the cubs from the previous king of the pride so the pride will only produce his offspring and he will not be overthrown by offspring of his predecessor. Oh something will set them off, the poor child peed his pants, (most likely in terror) or the child would not call the new guy or girl mommy or daddy. They are all easy excuses for murder.

au.news.yahoo.com... ther-charged-with-washing-machine-death/

usnews.msnbc.msn.com... -beaten-to-death-on-4th-birthday

www.abc.net.au...

latimesblogs.latimes.com... /lanow/2009/08/hundreds-attend-funeral-for-6yearold-boy-found-beaten-to-death.html

I put this in social issues because I believe it is one. If moderators feel there is a better category for this thread feel free to move it thanks.
edit on 28-11-2011 by MollyStewart because: spaces needed for paragraphing *sighs*

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I'm not really sure what you're saying here because your paragraphing is poor. But to put it in context if I can, you've supplied four links to four stories, when in fact hundreds of kids are murdered every day around the world for various reasons. So I gather in this instance you're having a go at step-parents for whatever reason, fair enough I suppose, I'm not one and never had one so let's say for the sake of argument, I don't give a toss.. What can society do to prevent this? Or what would you like to do?

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I think a better way of doing this is to help women decouple their value from what a man thinks of them. Even with women's lib and all that good stuff, women are still raised to base their self-worth on what a man thinks of them.

Most of what the women's liberation movement accomplished was that a woman's self-worth is based on what a man thinks of her body and the sex he gets from her rather than her pot roast.

Another way we can counteract this is to actively invest in birth control methods. That means making birth control be covered by insurance, Medicaid, and making it a public health initiative for people to have access to cheap condoms.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

I'm not really sure what you're saying here because your paragraphing is poor. But to put it in context if I can, you've supplied four links to four stories, when in fact hundreds of kids are murdered every day around the world for various reasons. So I gather in this instance you're having a go at step-parents for whatever reason, fair enough I suppose, I'm not one and never had one so let's say for the sake of argument, I don't give a toss.. What can society do to prevent this? Or what would you like to do?
reply to post by Ramcheck

I hope the spaces in edit makes it easier for you to read.
I apologize if the post was not perfect, it was only my second thread post. But way to go for reinforcing why I hesitate when posting anything on ATS!! Good job you. Spelling mistakes, no capitals and no fullstops....no problem. But look out for those of you who cannot correctly space a paragraph! Sheesh, tough crowd.

Getting back to your response, I was not "having a go at step parents"; I am one myself. I was pointing out that of the volumes of reported cases of child murder I have read about many seem to involve a rather large percentage of either step parents, new boyfriends, ex boyfriends or new partners. I see a pattern in those percentages and was wondering if anyone else does. I think the answer was alluded to in the post as it was one of the reasons these things occur.

More family involvement with regard to the safety and wellbeing of the children would be a start. More hands on help for the mothers and encouraging networks of young mothers together to nurture friendships which help with self esteem and self worth. Giving those mothers a support network that encourages them to provide a safe and happy environment for their children, as well as advice and help when needed or even just a friend to listen will help them make better parents and perhaps better choices with regard to who they welcome into their home.

cheers

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I've often pondered why Mother Nature does not make inappropriate people infertile.
Let them have all the sex they want without bringing a Child into a situation where they will always be a victim.

Sex is what makes babies and people will continue to have unprotected sex because they don't care.

You can educate them - hand out birth control - society bombards people with sexual innuendo everywhere.

The illuminati/cabal/whatever have constructed society to be breeding grounds and we have allowed it to happen.
I chose at the age of fifteen to never have Children and years later I have no regrets. I am sure that raising Children is a unique and blessed experience but all I see are the Children who need care and protection from someone - anyone!

Much Peace...for all the murdered Children everywhere...

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by MollyStewart

reply to post by Ramcheck

I hope the spaces in edit makes it easier for you to read.
I apologize if the post was not perfect, it was only my second thread post. But way to go for reinforcing why I hesitate when posting anything on ATS!! Good job you. Spelling mistakes, no capitals and no fullstops....no problem. But look out for those of you who cannot correctly space a paragraph! Sheesh, tough crowd.

Getting back to your response, I was not "having a go at step parents"; I am one myself. I was pointing out that of the volumes of reported cases of child murder I have read about many seem to involve a rather large percentage of either step parents, new boyfriends, ex boyfriends or new partners. I see a pattern in those percentages and was wondering if anyone else does. I think the answer was alluded to in the post as it was one of the reasons these things occur.

More family involvement with regard to the safety and wellbeing of the children would be a start. More hands on help for the mothers and encouraging networks of young mothers together to nurture friendships which help with self esteem and self worth. Giving those mothers a support network that encourages them to provide a safe and happy environment for their children, as well as advice and help when needed or even just a friend to listen will help them make better parents and perhaps better choices with regard to who they welcome into their home.

cheers

Fair play to you then madam / sir, I'm sure step-parents are every bit as capable if not more so, of looking after children in the correct manner, well let's hope so anyway. You do a grand job that some poor soul / idiot couldn't or had no desire to and I commend you for this. Well done.

Couldn't agree more with your sentiments, support is a wonderful thing, but like everything else paid for by the government, the money it's going to slow down or cease to exist unless people like yourself are fighting it's corner. Keep up the good work

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Not sure about your pattern idea.

Here in St. Louis last week, a woman reported her 13 month old son missing.

Long story short, later that day, a mile from her house (where she lived with her mother) the child's beaten body was found in a park.

A few hours later the mother confessed to doing it because the child wouldn't stop crying and she wanted a little more sleep in the morning.

This was in a pretty nice neighborhood and all the mothers friends and neighbors said she loved her child and treated him well that they could see when with her.
edit on 11/28/2011 by Chamberf=6 because: spelling

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   

The illuminati/cabal/whatever have constructed society to be breeding grounds and we have allowed it to happen. I chose at the age of fifteen to never have Children and years later I have no regrets. I am sure that raising Children is a unique and blessed experience but all I see are the Children who need care and protection from someone - anyone
reply to post by Amanda5

I was 16 years when I made that decision as I did not want the sum total of my life's contribution to be as a "breeder". Suffice to say that life has a way of turning things around and I became a step mother to two very awesome kids. They are more like young adults now but for the few tantrums and naughty behaviour throughout the years they were inherently good kids with good hearts, (I believe most children are).

They call me by my name and have never called me Mum; they have a Mother they also love very much. I never used to think anything I said made much difference but when other people, teachers and friends tell me, "Oh yes, the kids always talk about you and think very highly of you" it makes my day. Sometimes, you don't have to be related to have a positive impact on a child's life and sometimes you don't have to give birth to be a parent.

I think that being better friends, neighbours and being more connected to each other would make it easier to notice if someone was having problems with their kids. Kids themselves tend to be withdrawn when all is not right on the home front. It may not stop all the "domestic" murders but it just may prevent a good portion of.

Great reply thanks.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Not sure about your pattern idea. Here in St. Louis last week, a woman reported her 13 month old son missing. Long story short, later that day, a mile from her house (where she lived with her mother) the child's beaten body was found in a park. A few hours later the mother confessed to doing it because the child wouldn't stop crying and she wanted a little more sleep in the morning. This was in a pretty nice neighborhood and all the mothers friends and neighbors said she loved her child and treated him well that they could see when with her. edit on 11/28/2011 by Chamberf=6 because: spelling
reply to post by Chamberf=6

The above is a tragic story like so many others and there is no shortage of mothers that kill their own children quite often due to undiagnosed postpartum depression. This is also a rather alarming but not necessarily what I was referring to.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by MollyStewart

I agree with you completely on people having an impact on Children.
I have seen young people turn their lives around all because one person showed some care and listened.
My heart can swell with pride when I see a Student grasp an idea and make progress.
You do not have to give birth to care for a Child and to want the best for them and to help them.

It took me many years to arrive at being a Teacher and I am exactly where I am meant to be - helping Students to be peaceful, intellectually stimulated Young Adults.

Much Peace...

top topics

join