It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Will Win 2nd Term: Has it already been decided?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by dillweed

Originally posted by brianmg5

Originally posted by seabag
post removed by staff

Obama taught constitutional law for 12 years and has proven to be very knowledgeable, I wouldn't underestimate him as a street organizer if I were the GOP.
edit on Mon Nov 28 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)
I'm curious as to where you came up with this tidbit. I know nothing about Obama's past, only that he was once a 'substitute' teacher in college. How did you verify this?

Here

You can pretty much look up his entire history on Wikipedia and while Wikipedia isn't really a very strong resource, they do sometimes provide credible sources of information at the end of the article, such as the link I posted for you.

This took 5 min by the way.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by brianmg5

If 'wiki' is what you call verification then you are laboring under a misconception. I suggest you try rense.com for some new info about Barry's past, or should i say, lack thereof. This man has been the least vetted president in our country's history, and those of you who blindly support him because he's 'black' will one day be forced to take your medicine.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   

If 'wiki' is what you call verification then you are laboring under a misconception. I suggest you try rense.com for some new info about Barry's past, or should i say, lack thereof. This man has been the least vetted president in our country's history, and those of you who blindly support him because he's 'black' will one day be forced to take your medicine.

I guess you didn't visit the link and decided to ignore the part of the post that said, "You can pretty much look up his entire history on Wikipedia and while Wikipedia isn't really a very strong resource, they do sometimes provide credible sources of information at the end of the article, such as the link I posted for you.

And excuse me if I don't consider rense.com a credible source... Here is there disclaimer at the bottom of their homepage if you can call it that...

DISCLAIMER The posting of stories, commentaries, reports, documents and links (embedded or otherwise) on this site does not in any way, shape or form, implied or otherwise, necessarily express or suggest endorsement or support of any of such posted material or parts therein. The myriad of facts, conjecture, perspectives, viewpoints, opinions, analyses, and information in the articles, stories and commentaries posted on this site range from cutting edge hard news and comment to extreme and unusual perspectives. We choose not to sweep uncomfortable material under the rug - where it can grow and fester. We choose not to censor skewed logic and uncomfortable rhetoric. These things reflect the world as it now is - for better and worse. We present multiple facts, perspectives, viewpoints, opinions, analyses, and information. As with all controversies, we stand ready to post any and all rebuttals and responses from people mentioned in the material we post. Journalism is (or used to be) the profession of gathering and presenting a broad panorama of news about the events of our times and presenting it to readers for their own consideration. We believe in the intelligence, judgment and wisdom of our readers to discern for themselves among the data which appears on this site that which is valid and worthy...or otherwise

Oh, and your name was a good choice.
edit on 1-12-2011 by brianmg5 because:

edit on 1-12-2011 by brianmg5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Obama never taught anybody anything.
He is an absolute fool.
You should understand that your country has been hijacked. You can't trust anything. Not even me.
It doesn't mean you shouldn't listen.
Obama is a total fraud. But, almost all of them are.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   

You're wrong. I did visit the link and was not surprised to find that it tells us nothing. Again, if you call this evidenciary then you're delusional. As far as your opinion of rense.com., I'll remind you that that's all it is.I frequent that site because it's impossible to find any real truth anymore, because all the mainstream media is corrupt. Journalism is dead.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by dillweed

Journalism is not dead, just on life support.
Christopher Bollyn

Boiling Frog

Voltaire

Three very good sites to get real news, and real research.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

You're wrong. I did visit the link and was not surprised to find that it tells us nothing. Again, if you call this evidenciary then you're delusional. As far as your opinion of rense.com., I'll remind you that that's all it is.I frequent that site because it's impossible to find any real truth anymore, because all the mainstream media is corrupt. Journalism is dead.

Here's is what the article I linked tells us about his supposed 12 years of teaching constitutional law:

A public statement from the school he taught at:

Due to numerous press inquiries on the matter, the school released a carefully worded statement saying that for his 12 years there he was considered to be "a professor." UC Law School statement: The Law School has received many media requests about Barack Obama, especially about his status as "Senior Lecturer." From 1992 until his election to the U.S. Senate in 2004, Barack Obama served as a professor in the Law School. He was a Lecturer from 1992 to 1996. He was a Senior Lecturer from 1996 to 2004, during which time he taught three courses per year. Senior Lecturers are considered to be members of the Law School faculty and are regarded as professors, although not full-time or tenure-track. The title of Senior Lecturer is distinct from the title of Lecturer, which signifies adjunct status. Like Obama, each of the Law School’s Senior Lecturers have high-demand careers in politics or public service, which prevent full-time teaching. Several times during his 12 years as a professor in the Law School, Obama was invited to join the faculty in a full-time tenure-track position, but he declined.

I'm not sure that you actually went to the link and read the article because it clearly shows that my original statement is backed by fact, which is where this discussion began. www.factcheck.org is a credible resource. Are you arguing that it's not? Are you suggesting the college lied?

If so, you live in a world of paranoia where anything could be a lie and a credible source doesn't exist. And if that's the case than there is no reason to continue having this debate as there is no way to convince you otherwise (unless of course I linked something from a site like rense.com, which by the way, other than the home page, you have failed to provide any credible source to back what you say).

Which brings up another point, if you don't trust a site like factcheck.org a highly scrutinized website, how can you place faith in a site like rense.com which isn't considered credible, evidenced by their own disclaimer on the bottom of their homepage?

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

I'm not sure what you believe, but where's the verification for this 'press release'. Because I doubt everything I'm told about Obama's record, for all I know this is just some fabrication on wiki. So, I repeat, where is the 'proof' that he was a law professor for twelve years? To copy and paste something from wiki is not proof!

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SurrealisticPillowThanks, Surreal. Will investigate. This latest presidential cycle has really shown me just how corrupt our media has become. This is why I'm convinced that they will have to shut the internet down, because it's the only place left that they dont control.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

I'm not sure what you believe, but where's the verification for this 'press release'. Because I doubt everything I'm told about Obama's record, for all I know this is just some fabrication on wiki. So, I repeat, where is the 'proof' that he was a law professor for twelve years? To copy and paste something from wiki is not proof!

I now get the feeling you're trolling me but I'll bite one last time. This link is not from Wikipedia, it's from fackcheck.org. Do you understand that?

If yes, do you understand that the college Obama attended made the public statement I posted a few posts back?

So Again, Are you saying that the college is lying?

edit on 2-12-2011 by brianmg5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

I simply do not believe anything said or written about the president, period. You can, but you're doing it on faith not proof. It took three years to get a forged birth certificate, so you're gonna' have to do better than this to convince me. Where are his college grades? What possible reason can there be to withold them? Where is your proof that he was editor of the Harvard law review? Not hearsay, not wiki, proof.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

I simply do not believe anything said or written about the president, period. You can, but you're doing it on faith not proof. It took three years to get a forged birth certificate, so you're gonna' have to do better than this to convince me. Where are his college grades? What possible reason can there be to withold them? Where is your proof that he was editor of the Harvard law review? Not hearsay, not wiki, proof.

Well, if you don't believe anything written or said about the president, than this debate is over. Kinda wish you would have said this in the first place.

I'm not trying to convince you. I really don't care what you believe. You asked where I got the info, I posted what most consider, a credible source of information showing you. However you don't consider it credible. Case closed.

Just a note on the grades...Do you really think you can call a school and just start asking for a students grades? You really think that a college would give them to you? Come on dude. That's like calling a hospital and requesting someones medical record. It's confidential information.

Try it out yourself. Call a college, any college, and request a student's grades. Let me know how that goes for you.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

I have no axe to grind with you. I'm disgusted with the media's complete trust in whatever Obamas handlers put out there. I am still waiting for one of his students to come forward and tell us about when he was in his class, or one of his classmates at Columbia to come forward and tell us what a 'genius' he was. Given the complete abscence of documentation concerning his college years, why should I believe anything I read? You must want to believe it all, but I dont because I believe he hates America just like his father.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Paschar0

I would not be surprised if he didn't finish this term. Say, maybe he'd leave office between May and July of next year. Nope, no clues. Just note the dates.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   

I know nothing about Obama's past,

Try doing some research, and you will learn - remember, research does not mean visiting silly birther conspiracy theory sites!

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   

or one of his classmates at Columbia to come forward and tell us what a 'genius' he was.

They have, why not read what they say?

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes

I would not be surprised if he didn't finish this term. Say, maybe he'd leave office between May and July of next year. Nope, no clues. Just note the dates.

Those dates don't ring a bell to me...

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Personally I don't support Obama for 2nd term. If he has decided then I will not give vote to Obama.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I just wanted to add that with Mitt Romney looking more and more like the Republican nominee, is there any better "fall guy" to put up against Obama?

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   

[gratuitous link removed]

The 2012 True Vote Model (TVM) indicates that Obama needs a 55% True Vote share to win a majority of the recorded vote. The pre-election 2012 Presidential TVM determines popular vote shares over a range of 2008 voter turnout rates and shares of returning and new voters. The TVM is not designed to forecast the election. That is the purpose of the upcoming 2012 Election Model (EM), which uses Monte Carlo simulation to forecast the electoral vote and win probability based on pre-election polls.

edit on 1/19/2012 by 12m8keall2c because: personal site promotion is not allowed

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join