It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Will Win 2nd Term: Has it already been decided?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Based on the current roster of ridiculous republican presidential prospects and the seemingly unconcerned Obama camp in the face of large numbers of voters (not donors) defecting, is it possible it's already been decided that Obama will get a second term?

I say this from the standpoint of believing the that beginning with Bush, elections are much easier to manipulate through the electronic paperless (intentionally proof less) systems that have been implemented across the country. I suggest that unless a candidate has HUGE overwhelming numbers, that any election can be nudged to make anyone they choose the winner.

My view is that democrats or republicans don't even allow a candidate to participate unless they are preapproved by corporate and other powerful interests. This might explain the "Ron Paul Syndrome" and why people like Newt Gingrich are suddenly viable players again (he will lose, but will gain overall politically in the end).

It just seems like the republicans are intentionally throwing out their weak players knowing whoever it is won't win. As an independent, I'm disappointed with the complete lack of real choice from any party, but I just have a sneaking suspicion this thing is already over.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
To be honest with you, I doubt that there will even be elections next November.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
To be honest with you, I doubt that there will even be elections next November.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Obama doesn't have a chance.

Blacks will not show up with the enthusiasm as they did in 2008. The "White Guilt" factor will not be in play this time. Independents are looking for a leader, something Obama is incapable of being.

Obama = Carter

One and done.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

Yeah, he was more or less a novelty. "The first black president." But that's done with.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
Obama doesn't have a chance.

Blacks will not show up with the enthusiasm as they did in 2008. The "White Guilt" factor will not be in play this time. Independents are looking for a leader, something Obama is incapable of being.

Obama = Carter

One and done.

it still will depend on who the republican candidate is.

too many time i've wanted to see a politician thrown out, just to have the other party come up with a candidate so scarry it made the jerk look good.

or just left part of the ballot blank because there was no one worth vothing for at that position.

untill the names on the ballot are filled, it's too early to speculate.

edit on 28-11-2011 by citizen6511 because: spelling

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Judging by the cast of clowns the Republicans are running, it looks like it will be a walk in the park for Obama to get a 2nd term. And, I hate the guy.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
post removed by staff

the president is too busy for 7 debates, he has a demanding agenda.

and three hours is not serious, only the begining of negotiation.

can you imagine rick perry in 7 debates of 3 hours lenght, the daily show would have endless material.

edit on Mon Nov 28 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

post removed by staff

I guess you forgot that Obama was a law professor for years. He's not even slightly inarticulate.

Born in Honolulu, Hawaii, Obama is a graduate of Columbia University and Harvard Law School, where he was the president of the Harvard Law Review. He was a community organizer in Chicago before earning his law degree. He worked as a civil rights attorney in Chicago and taught constitutional law at the University of Chicago Law School from 1992 to 2004. He served three terms representing the 13th District in the Illinois Senate from 1997 to 2004.

But yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if the winner is already predetermined.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

post removed by staff

Obama taught constitutional law for 12 years and has proven to be very knowledgeable, I wouldn't underestimate him as a street organizer if I were the GOP.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by citizen6511

the president is too busy for 7 debates, he has a demanding agenda.

and three hours is not serious, only the begining of negotiation.

can you imagine rick perry in 7 debates of 3 hours lenght, the daily show would have endless material.

Yeah, it would be a joke if it was Rick Perry. I don’t think anybody can out debate Newt though, especially Obama.

I think [snip] will take him up on it to save face. He may have to cut a few golf trips or a few vacations to the vineyard but he will do it!

After all, Newt said [snip] could bring his teleprompter if he needs it!

edit on Mon Nov 28 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by brianmg5

Obama taught constitutional law for 12 years and has proven to be very knowledgeable, I wouldn't underestimate him as a street organizer if I were the GOP.

Oh ya, he’s sharp as a whip alright!!

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by scumbag
reply to post by Paschar0

If [snip]takes up his challenge .......

Newt will hand [snip] will expose who the real weak player is!

Who is [play on Obama's name]?
edit on Mon Nov 28 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
The republicans will be used to gather votes for obama, since they will see obama as better than palin or bachmann, meanwhile the media will continue to ignore ron paul. ron paul could win, but if ron paul doesn't win it will be four more years of same regardless of who gets it republican or democrat.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Secretly the Republicans really don't want to win the next election.
They've proven through their actions, behaviors, & policies repeatedly that they don't want to take
Any ownership of the current problems we face, especially economic.
Republicans, if consistant with their rhetoric, do not want to share any blame whatsoever.
So, there is one of the biggest reasons why President Obama will have a second term.
edit on 28-11-2011 by ILikeStars because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
The Republicans need to wake up and get back to the PEOPLE oriented stance they had with Goldwater/Reagan (prior to the shooting) message/policy approach...regrettably, we were HIJACKED with the Bush/Cheney/Rumsfeld approach...Bush the First did us in in 1992 and Bush the Second did us in in 2008...

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ILikeStars

Who is [[play on Obama's name]?

[snip] is your Messiah, Barrack Hussein Obama.

You know, he’s the one who can’t debate Newt without a teleprompter. He’s the one who has run up more deficit in 3 years than Bush did in 8. He’s the one presiding over the worst economy since the Great Depression. He’s the guy who got us into more wars instead of getting us out of the two we were in.

By the way...I like your Bush video but Bush isn't running. He might be the only guy who couldn't beat Obama right now.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Funny how you all are calling the Republicans weak when i don't see any of you running for office.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join