It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistan gives the U.S. a 15 day ultimatum to leave airbase.....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
www.dailymail.co.uk...

Smack talk or the real deal? Guess we'll find out in 2 weeks. A lot of saber rattling these days.
edit on 09/13/2011 by deadmessiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by deadmessiah

Pakistan gives America two-week ultimatum to abandon 'secret' airbase and closes border: Hundreds of Afghan-bound supply trucks line up as tensions mount

So, they close the border to supply trucks, but they can't seem to close it to terrorist cells jumping back and forth unimpeded.

Pakistan can't do a dam thing. They can try to get Iran and Russia and China to back them up. If they are successful at that, then we are entering the next Cold War. BRIC+Pakistan vs. NATO. That will be the next Cold War, or the next Great War III.

I think it is more likely that US will pay off Pakistan to accept the blame for this, and some mutually beneficial agreement will be reached. This is just a bargaining chip for Pakistan.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Respect to Pakisitan, lets hope they can stick to their words.
Stand up to the real terrorists!

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

I think it is more likely that US will pay off Pakistan to accept the blame for this, and some mutually beneficial agreement will be reached. This is just a bargaining chip for Pakistan.

They're already using language like "unfortunate incident" still under investigation. etc in the MSM broadcast news, sounding almost apologetic in tone.

Probably what will happen in the short term is an admission that there was no one fully in the wrong or in the right on either side in this, and that it was just an unfortunate incident of war... Pakistan wasn't actually taking sides here, just acting in self defense in the heat of battle... "friendly fire" happens you know?

Something like that, and of course, send in Hillary to smooth things over, leave the Pakistanis smiling with a secret deal or two, and of course the Pakistanis laughing their asses off when she has left the room, maybe even a few high fives, and several "allahu akbars"

edit on 27-11-2011 by Fractured.Facade because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by WakeUpRiseUp
Stand up to the real terrorists!

The way Pakistan's intelligence service knowingly harbored bin Laden? What were they doing then?

Standing up I suppose? But really, if Pakistan wasn't a nuclear power the US wouldn't care much about them. We all know that.

The excuse we're given is that "Pakistan is a critical ally in the War on Terror!" so the US must support them.

Come on now.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Thread already exists here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by nihilus

The way Pakistan's intelligence service knowingly harbored bin Laden? What were they doing then? Standing up I suppose? But really, if Pakistan wasn't a nuclear power the US wouldn't care much about them. We all know that. The excuse we're given is that "Pakistan is a critical ally in the War on Terror!" so the US must support them. Come on now.
I think your missing the point, Osama was not the real terrorist. His actions, if they even where his do not even come close to the terrorism commited by western nations. Even then his actions were a direct result of western provocation. Using the wests logic, it was perfectly resonable and ok for Osama to do what he was said to have done.
Why do we have the right to nuclear power but not them? America is the only country who has been dumb enough to use nukes on people.
The war on terror is not real.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by WakeUpRiseUp
Why do we have the right to nuclear power but not them? America is the only country who has been dumb enough to use nukes on people.

Absolutely. No argument whatsoever here.

But surely you agree that the US would not even pay attention to Pakistan if they were not a nuclear country.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by nihilus

If Pakistan didnt have nukes america would have probably bombed or invaided them already.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by WakeUpRiseUp

Paks nukes are no threat to the US. They can't reach us. If they did get tech to reach us, they would get shot down. Pak is no threat to the US, but it is an annoyance and threat to our new biggest trade partner, India. We are trying hard to replace China with India, and we are bullying Pak because it makes India like us. Plus, Pak deserves it, they were the biggest player in 9/11...... if you believe any of the official story.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Pakistan has aided both North Korea and Iran with nuclear secrets.

Pakistan is no direct threat to the USA with their nukes, except to US forces in the region, but with their strong anti-west anti-USA radical Islamic sects in the northern tribal regions and scattered throughout the country, segments of the Pakistani military and ISI covertly providing safe-haven for Taliban and Al Qaeda, and intelligence to the Taliban in Afghanistan... The possibility of nuclear materials or a nuke getting in the hands of terrorists that would detonate them on US and western targets makes them a very real threat.

Which is why some foolishly believe that an "uneasy alliance" with them is the best course.

They couldn't be more wrong... IMO

edit on 27-11-2011 by Fractured.Facade because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Pakistan is a threat because of its allies, and its nukes may be a threat to anyone invading although yes they could not reach the actual US.
I don’t really see any logic in invading a country because it is an 'annoyance' and if its because its threatening trade, doesn’t that defeat the purpose of globalisation by invading them?
You won’t be able to replace china because they own you and therefore can pretty much tell you what to buy and sell.
You can not claim that 'Pak deserves it' because by that logic America deserves to be blown completely off the map.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by WakeUpRiseUp

reply to post by Fractured.Facade

I didn't say it was a good strategy! I just think it is the current strategy. I think Pak is a threat to our troops in the region, and they are the leading supplier and safe-haven for terrorists operating in Afghan. I think their nukes are a thread to India, and we are wooing India. I don't think we are worried about pissing off China, in fact, I think we are trying to do exactly that. We don't care about the debt. It isn't like they can come collecting. We are still by far the most powerful military in the world. We are daring China, and China is responding by stopping the purchase of our bonds, and providing support and technology to Iran.

I don't think anything we are currently doing with foreign policy is a good idea. It seems extremely counter-productive and provocative. I'm just commenting on the situation as I see it.

Check out my siggy banner, I think my idea for foreign policy is readily apparent by that endorsement. He is the only one with a clue on how to strengthen our foreign ties, our economy, and our global good will. More diplomacy (including Iran) and less foreign bases. Less aid, but more trade. Less regime change, and less sanctions, more trade. Less interference..... ah you get the idea.

edit on 27-11-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
About time the US abandons all foreign drone bases,

though i believe this will amount to nothing, the US will find a way to bully them back

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Poor old America cant do right for doing wrong.

Someone harbours terrorists and promotes Western hatred which leads to 9/11, London Bombings, Madrid Bombings and so on, so with US leading the way for the West we invade Afgh to get rid of those that harbour terrorists, those who we couldnt talk to or deal with, the Taliban.

Get slated for being terrorists themselves attacking Afghans but there is really no hidden agenda, the Taliban were bad eggs, bad for the country and bad for the world and they were a threat to the west.

Known that Pakistan is bad but is at least talking and saying they want to change, at least some are, but there are roots of evil just like the Taliban mentality in Pakistani military - the US and allys try to settle it with all the diplomacy and aid it can, in some cases they are trying to let Pakistan sort out its own problems but not at the expense of hitting terrorists on the borders.

Bad things happen when bombs are flying around and people are armed and acting in highly dangerous tense situations.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   

So, they close the border to supply trucks, but they can't seem to close it to terrorist cells jumping back and forth unimpeded.

Agree totally, that is funny as fk and so correct. Has anyone actually tried just to drive through, them be suprised how easy it is.

Failing that, just tell the little Pakistani useless border guard that your deliver address is not a Nato base but a Taliban cave, once he waves you through just go back to the NATO bas anyway.

Why dont the trucks just head for the border posts Nato alledgedly bombed, at least they wont get stopped there.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Pakistan is harboring terrorists.
This is an undeniable fact.

Those terrorists come over into afghanistan and kill innocent men women and children.
Along with NATO and US troops.

Pakistan should be cleaning up it's own country. However they aren't. They are leavign that to us.
What does that tell you?

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

Pakistan is harboring terrorists. This is an undeniable fact.

And has been for a very very long time. It always astounds me when a country gets caught playing double games, that they are so eager to play the victim card.

Typical.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Whatsaa funny or weird is that Pakistan is the country harboring terrorists yet Iraq and Afghansitan are the ones who were invaded. Sounds like the wrong countries to me.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
Pakistan is harboring terrorists.
This is an undeniable fact.

Those terrorists come over into afghanistan and kill innocent men women and children.
Along with NATO and US troops.

as do NATO and US Troops for that matter,

whilst i am not defending Pakistan, one should not call the Kettle Black,

the US harbor as much Terror, inasmuch as Banking, Corporate, Political Greed Etc

Least we forget that one of the latest Drone attacks assassinated an American Born "Terrorist"

Least we forget the CIA trained and armed Osama, and the multitude of other "Terror Cells"

Least we forget the US believes it has ruling power over the world, and at it's whim can invade other such countries,

when was the last time that a Middle Eastern country invaded American Soil, without mention 9-11? i'm talking about an invasion such as Iraq/Afghanistan etc,

top topics

<<   2 >>

join