It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forced OBE

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   
does anyone had to strugle not to have an OBE. i mean, you're calm and relaxed, and you're thinking in positive things,like family friends, etc.. and sudenly you feel you're being invited to ascend to an astral plan, however you don't want to, and you have to do an effort to keep in ground, but there is someone pulling you up.

[edit on 5-9-2004 by Falkner]

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I have had sleep paralysis for a long time and it used to scare me because I felt like I was leaving my body or that someone was pulling me out of my body and I thought maybe I was experiencing a near death experience or slipping into a coma. I would fight this with all my might and pull myself out of it as quickly as possible and end up filled with anxiety and fear.

I recently discovered that what was happening to me was not death coming for me but just sleep paralysis, and after reading various threads learned that sleep paralysis can be used as a way to have OBE's. I am less afraid of the sleep paralysis now and would like to try to have an OBE. I totally can feel the buzzing/vibrations and am thinking 'I want this' but at the same time I am still very fearful so I think that is what is holding me back from an OBE experience.

Most of the time when I experience sleep paralysis I am alone in the room which is why I'm fearful ... I feel like I need someone next to me in case I need help being pulled back. Hopefully in the near future my husband will be next to me when I experience this and I'll be less fearful and can allow myself to have an OBE!

Is there a reason why you are struggling NOT to have an OBE? Is it fear or is it that you just don't want to go there?

Jemison

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 03:40 PM
link   
i Jemison, thank you very much for your post.

i realy don't know if it is just fear, but i am sure there is some of it.

however, i never felt into a "sleep paralysis", and since a first, and unkown for me, OBE experience i had, i just know how to induce myself to do it easily. but when i'm near to reach it, i have lots of doubts if i realy want to go forward with it or not, like if there was something wrong by doing it. at the beggining it sounds like an invitation to go ahead, but when "The Doubt" comes, i start to resist, and i feel that somehow i start to being pushed into a forced OBE. it is at this point that i just disconnect myself consciously.

there is something extremly wrong on doind it by will. i feel like if someone was inviting me to start smoking, or to start taking drugs, like if it was the most positive thing i should do. but later i would become an addicted.

in my life i try not to choose the easiest way in important decisions i have to take in the material issues, so i don�t intend to do it in the spiritual issues either. the easy uneasy soon becomes. and i have seen all my major efforts and options sooner or later (generely later:lol
have proven to be the right ones.

however could this be some kind of psychological reaction to this "do or do not" behavior? could this doubt at the same time create a balance between the willing of go and the willing of remain?

thank you Jemison.

[edit on 6-9-2004 by Falkner]

[edit on 6-9-2004 by Falkner]

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Falkner
does anyone had to strugle not to have an OBE. i mean, you're calm and relaxed, and you're thinking in positive things,like family friends, etc.. and sudenly you feel you're being invited to ascend to an astral plan, however you don't want to, and you have to do an effort to keep in ground, but there is someone pulling you up.

[edit on 5-9-2004 by Falkner]

The OBE IS OBE...The Astral projection is other" stuff".

In obe state the individual perceive himself in a physical world

In Astral travel Ipercieve myself in "astral reality"--contact with

"astral or spiritual entities"

bon voyage chapo

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 05:41 PM
link   
someone grabbed me it felt like and skyrocketed me upwards...The I was simply elswhere..(thats a whole nother story)I fought it and fought it for night after night, then, I just let it happen...it was quite profound and wicked cool. The 2nd time I let it happen.

And once, when I got my arms out purposefully, when I felt someone grab them it startled me awake...I wish I hadnt woke up though

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by chapo

bon voyage chapo

Can you describe an OBE as a physic behavior? Or can you describ it as a mere psychic experience?

I understand there is a difference between OBE and Astral Travel, however i've not mentioned "Astral Travel", i was refering to, and i quote, "astral plan" as a way to express the experience to perceiv reality from a non-physical perspective.

as for OBE, i also know there can be mutual communication between two (or more) different entities ( the OBEer
and, for instance, a sort of guide), however, we might have conscience of ourselves as "concious being" and at the same time we can perceiv ourselves as a body, or, even without seeing it, to know ourselves as part of the physic world. wouldn�t be this an OBE? wouldn�t you find yourself Out of your own body?

[edit on 16-9-2004 by Falkner]

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 11:50 PM
link   
[edit on 7-9-2004 by Falkner]

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Now I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH INTERNET EXPLORER plz tumorow

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 03:11 PM
link   
This has happened to me twice that I remember....

On one occasion I felt several entities pulling me from my body. I resisted and stayed in......and that was the end of that little excursion. Another time, I was pulled not by an entity but by something much stronger I cannot explain. All I can say is I have never felt any stronger pull in my life....ever, emotional, physical, astral or otherwise. It is unfortunate, but I don't have any memory of what happened after that.

In either case, I don't feel that there was any malicious intent involved, I just think they were trying to help me. Maybe I had an appointment on the astral plane.....who knows.

Unfortunately, I have never learned to control them....although I would like to.

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Falkner

Originally posted by chapo

bon voyage chapo

Can you describe an OBE as a physic behavior? Or can you describ it as a mere psychic experience?

I understand there is a difference between OBE and Astral Travel, however i've not mentioned "Astral Travel", i was refering to, and i quote, "astral plan" as a way to express the experience to perceiv reality from a non-physical perspective.

as for OBE, i also know there can be mutual communication between two (or more) different entities ( the OBEer
and, for instance, a sort of guide), however, we might have conscience of ourselves as "concious being" and at the same time we can perceiv ourselves as a body, or, even without seeing it, to know ourselves as part of the physic world. wouldn�t be this an OBE? wouldn�t you find yourself Out of your own body?

[edit on 16-9-2004 by Falkner]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, my english is very poor. Every experience is unic--I think for the persone

no one like other. You will be your teacher,no teacher in that stuff.

I find my self (58 y o)--realy not humor--in the book writed by english

woman. Is not a lecons, just experiences.

"Remote perceptions"--Angela T. Smith--Hampton Road VA.

Isay to you I find my self in the book--now is clear for me

regards chapo

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 04:50 PM
link   
thank you for the hint chapo. i'll try to find the book, and read it. thanks

new topics

top topics

join