It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Innocent Grandfather lays in pool of blood after being KO'd by Cops during BlackFriday

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by xEphon
That's nuts. Even the people in the video were asking if that use of force was necessary.
If they have any souls they should be absolutely ashamed of themselves.
There's always some idiot doing that, viz:

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Excessive Force will not be tolerated!
End Fascism...

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by bismarket
Come on America, I know our cops (Brit') ain't much but, I see a report almost EVERY DAY about police brutality in the US but nothing changes. Why?

Thats because people rather wanna film it then fix it..

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Guilty until Proven Innocent.
It is the New Judicial Order.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
This entire thing makes me feel physically ill.

I don't know how people can degrade themselves in this way on such a mass scale. Are all these people not embarrassed to be clawing and battling over worthless junk?

Black Friday epitomizes everything that is wrong in society. It's a sickening display of greed and shallowness by people who have no souls left. They sold their pride and morals for a pair of sneakers.

It's a gross reminder of what people really hold dear. Forget your history, just buy their sh*t and pretend it's a mark of your worth for a day or two before you realize you just debased yourself at the alter of consumerism.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Did the man resist arrest?

I think there were indications he did. That was why they used force.

Officers are put in situations they don't want to be in.

But you know, somebody has to do it. It's not a pretty job.

Soldiers go through the same thing. While the rest of us just bi***.

Have some respect. Peace is not free.

A lot of you are holding rage inside you that's unhealthy. Please, stop hating.
edit on 27-11-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

What would you do if you saw cops attacking an elderly man? What if it were a woman? Or a child?

What would you do?

You're damn right I'm enraged. If you are not, by seeing how people are treated by authorities who are there only to protect them then you are my enemy.

Choose a side mate.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Why didn't a bunch of the sovereign citizens just make citizen's arrest on those two thugs? Last I checked, it is only theft once the merch left the store, he was still in the store right and until he left the store he would've had the opportunity to pay for the merch.

Good to see the Judges from 2000 AD are alive and well.

Derek

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
"After one man's grandson got trampled, he put the video game he was holding in his waistband in order to free up his hands and lift the boy out of the crowd."

The shop lifting charges will be dropped, this was a needless arrest, not even mentioning the police brutality.

Video games have tags on them too, so that would have set off the alarm if he tried to leave the store with it. The old dude with his grandson was not trying to rob the store, he we just trying to secure a Christmas present.

There is no law against putting something under your shirt unless you leave the store with it with out paying. Sure it's suspicious and the police have the right to question him, but this dude was not even leaving the store, he was just getting through the crowd.

I can't believe they still are pressing charges against this man after what they did to him and the fact they have no basis to press those charges. He couldn't have shoplifted because he got KO'd before he could even think of leaving the store.

I hope Anon gets these cops DOXs like they did for the pepper spray cop...

edit on 28-11-2011 by CREAM because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-11-2011 by CREAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite
Did the man resist arrest?

I think there were indications he did. That was why they used force.

Officers are put in situations they don't want to be in.

But you know, somebody has to do it. It's not a pretty job.

Soldiers go through the same thing. While the rest of us just bi***.

Have some respect. Peace is not free.

A lot of you are holding rage inside you that's unhealthy. Please, stop hating.
edit on 27-11-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

Before you go around saying we have rage, read the whole story and research what actually happened.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
What happened to that guy is awful. But I must admit it does bother me to hear these people question the use of that much force, when so many black friday shoppers have been shot, trampled, maced and even killed, by other black Friday shoppers.

Simply put, the cops over reacted and used to much force. Probably they were on edge and that is why they went over board. No excuse though.

But really it seems everyone just goes nuts on Black Friday. I hope to see that stop some day.

I honestly hope to see Black Friday outlawed one day... People have died...But at the same time, when corporations are raking in 11 billion in one night ( According to my local news) I can't see it being outlawed any time soon....Sadly.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Wal-Mart will be in deep doo doo once this man sues them. Good luck to you sir.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
The cops went a bit far but at the same time, who can blame them?

After seeing footage of people using pepper spray to get to items and prevent other customers having them and the general insanity of Americans when it comes to grabbing a bargain, these cops had a split second decision to make in a crowded area full of people and although they overreacted in how he was treated, would you have been such rage monsters if they did it to a younger guy about to injure a small child to get at a videogame?

Knowing the insane anti-police membership on here, you probably would rather see a small child trampled on than see a cop trying to protect someone.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by CREAM
There is no law against putting something under your shirt unless you leave the store with it with out paying.

In Arizona, there is:

5. Concealment.

B. Any person who knowingly conceals upon himself or another person unpurchased merchandise of any mercantile establishment while within the mercantile establishment is presumed to have the necessary culpable mental state pursuant to subsection A of this section. source

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Even if this guy can be charged with shoplifting by way of "concealment", the level of force used against him is NOT justifiable.

These cops used "Deadly physical force"

14. "Deadly physical force" means force that is used with the purpose of causing death or serious physical injury or in the manner of its use or intended use is capable of creating a substantial risk of causing death or serious physical injury.
- www.azleg.gov... Arizona Revised Statutes Definitions

The force used was capable of causing serious physical injury - the man was knocked unconscious and was bleeding somewhere from his head/face. Serious brain trauma may have occurred - even if it has not there was a substantial risk that it could. This means the actions of the police fall under "Deadly physical force".

According to section 13-410. Justification; use of deadly physical force in law enforcement, this level of force is only acceptable if the suspect is being violent or has a weapon. - www.azleg.gov...

In addition to this, these cops were supposedly off duty and working as Wal-Mart security. In that case, they may have even less authority and legal ability to use force!

These cops need re-education on escalation of force.
edit on 28-11-2011 by JohnnyTHSeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyTHSeed
Even if this guy can be charged with shoplifting by way of "concealment", the level of force used against him is NOT justifiable.

Agreed, as I said earlier. If however, as some reports have stated, he was resisting arrest, and if video survelliance can corroborate this, which I think in this case, because of the outcome, has now become a mandatory piece of evidence, then shoplifting is the lesser of his concerns.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by curious7
The cops went a bit far but at the same time, who can blame them?

After seeing footage of people using pepper spray to get to items and prevent other customers having them and the general insanity of Americans when it comes to grabbing a bargain, these cops had a split second decision to make in a crowded area full of people and although they overreacted in how he was treated, would you have been such rage monsters if they did it to a younger guy about to injure a small child to get at a videogame?

Knowing the insane anti-police membership on here, you probably would rather see a small child trampled on than see a cop trying to protect someone.

Amen.

Every thread that has the word cop or police on ATS automatically comes down to something like "PROOF storm troopers here to take your rights and kill your kids" followed by some bs comments about how this is the final straw and the cops are gunna get whats coming to them. Seriously have you read the comments on the youtube vid? Killing the cop in front of his kids? Thats a completely rational response
. A few bad apples doesnt mean that the cops are out to get you or that you need to rise up against them. Idk where ATS gets this idea that cops are like some special breed that are predisposed to be evil. Was this to much? Yes most likely from what we saw. But deadly force....not by a long shot. And FYI head wounds bleed a ton even if its a minor knick. So get over it and stop looking to prove that the police are here to put you into slavery....most dont have any agenda besides to go home at night and makes a pay check
edit on 28-11-2011 by onfire49 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join