It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Innocent Grandfather lays in pool of blood after being KO'd by Cops during BlackFriday

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Anyone who went shopping on Black Friday knows how big a mess the stores where. SO MUCH chaos and confusion there was as people kicked and shoved for anything.

This man will probably have a nice payout soon you watch! He deserves it.

Witnesses say police officers tackled a grandfather at an Arizona Wal-Mart Friday, leaving him bloody and unconscious. The video game section of the Buckeye store got a little rowdy when people started trying to tear open boxes of games, and one woman got punched. After one man's grandson got trampled, he put the video game he was holding in his waistband in order to free up his hands and lift the boy out of the crowd. That's when cops moved in, slamming the grandfather's head on the hard Wal-Mart floor. The aftermath was caught on cell phone video.

"Are you sure that was necessary for shoplifting?" one customer asked as the cops cuffed the unconscious man, his head lying in a pool of blood.

Any Loss Prevention agent or manager knows you are NOT shop lifting until you PASS the point of sale(registers). They had no proof he was trying to leave the store with the game.

www.youtube.com...

Buckeye police claimed that their actions were justified, and that the cell phone video only showed the aftermath. They also said in-store security cameras failed to capture skirmish. The suspect has been identified as 54-year-old Jerald Newman. He was charged after being treated at a local hospital. While the incident is under investigation, the officer in question is still on the job.

WTF??

edit on 26-11-2011 by gpena because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I live with my grandpa. He has Alzheimers and Parkinsons.
To be honest, my stomach just got butterflys and I can feel the rage.. and it's not my grandpa!

if it was. The story would have a lot more additions and would probably take a backseat to what I would've done.

I'm dead serious. I let a lot slide. This is one thing I would not let slide.
The war would've started the moment it happened.

I care about him more then anyone else alive. He was there for me when no one else was.

I would be there for him through ANYTHING. No exceptions.
No cop or law would stand in my way from the perpetrators receiving due vigilante justice.

Believe me, I have a hard time retaining my sanity through everything that happens day by day.
But I do. I keep a level head and maintain my life.

This is one thing where I would lose it, F the consequences, it's over.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
I live with my grandpa. He has Alzheimers and Parkinsons.
To be honest, my stomach just got butterflys and I can feel the rage.. and it's not my grandpa!

if it was. The story would have a lot more additions and would probably take a backseat to what I would've done.

I'm dead serious. I let a lot slide. This is one thing I would not let slide.
The war would've started the moment it happened.

I care about him more then anyone else alive. He was there for me when no one else was.

I would be there for him through ANYTHING. No exceptions.
No cop or law would stand in my way from the perpetrators receiving due vigilante justice.

Believe me, I have a hard time retaining my sanity through everything that happens day by day.
But I do. I keep a level head and maintain my life.

This is one thing where I would lose it, F the consequences, it's over.

I applaud you for that. Not many people would do that at all.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
this is already posted,
somewhere in the ats void.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by gpena

we are at a certain point in time where we have to stand up for OURSELVES.

the police have shown their true intentions. they do not want to serve and protest US.
but the special interests that pay their salaries.

they didn't care about the history of that man. nor did they even attempt to talk with him to find out.
they went straight to the violent supression method to instill fear further into us.

Well that's where it stops. With me. I'm not afraid and especially wouldn't know the meaning of fear if someone ever laid a hand on my grandfather.

There's a little bit of Alexander the Great, a touch of Ramses II, a tad of Napolean and a lot of Bruce Lee in me just waiting to see the light of day and remove the darkness forever

The line is drawn.

edit on 26-11-2011 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by gpena
Any Loss Prevention agent or manager knows you are NOT shop lifting until you PASS the point of sale(registers). They had no proof he was trying to leave the store with the game.

That is not accurate. The Arizona statutes governing shoplifting clearly state that concealment is shoplifting:

5. Concealment.

B. Any person who knowingly conceals upon himself or another person unpurchased merchandise of any mercantile establishment while within the mercantile establishment is presumed to have the necessary culpable mental state pursuant to subsection A of this section. source

This is rather stupid all-around. People should not be stuffing merchandise into their clothing and police officers should not be pummeling them for the same. At best it was a misdemeanor and now instead it can become and excessive force civil case as well.

edit on 26-11-2011 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Seriously, does anyone have any more information on what actually went down.

Loss prevention is a store issue....If the merchandise leaves the store, then it is a cop issue. If the value taken is below a certain number, it is a misdemeanor. Period. Fineable, go to court, get your slap on the wrist. If this man stole enough to warrant a felony charge, it was a non-violent act.....

My point, what was the probable cause or justification they used to tackle this elderly man to the ground in a manner that caused him bodily harm?

Edit-re-read the situation, seriously, if that is the case, that man is set for life with the value of that suit......

Moral of the story, if a store can't HANDLE the insanity of the people caused by the SALES that are OFFERED by the stores....Then don't offer them. This is a simple case of cost benefit analysis. If walmart is not set up to conduct these sales in an orderly manner, then it is on them to deal with it, NOT the COPS....While inside the store, that is PRIVATE property.
edit on 26-11-2011 by pointr97 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
That's nuts. Even the people in the video were asking if that use of force was necessary.
If they have any souls they should be absolutely ashamed of themselves.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by gpena

I'm impressed that people are starting to actually question the police.

One day it will be more than simply asking "is that really necessary?" and people will actually intervene and take the pigs out themselves.

Not everyone is going to make it through resisting the authorities but I would rather go down fighting than allowing those filthy scum bags to continue behaving like this.

They aren't quite as bad as this in Australia, yet.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
A quick thought on this.

So the stores, regarding black friday sales, they are still making a profit from these transactions, slight but still a profit?

So if these products are still making a profit on black friday, and causing this type of response due to the extreme percentage drop in 'perceived' value....What does that say about the normal value the stores are charging during the rest of the year?

During the majority of the year, stores charge a ton more for a product and say that is a justifiable price....During a couple days of the year, they drop prices drastically to get people in the door.....Then when that happens they scream HELP and are still making a profit on the products that actually get sold during that period. Sorry, I am really lost how this has been allowed to continue.

This is NOT the first year in which injury has been caused by black friday sales. If the government really, seriously, really cared about the welfare of the people....Then they would have started to restrict this activity along time ago....And the easy way to do this would be, for example, no store may have more than 10% of it's merchandise drop more than 30% in price....just an example, but you get the point. I will go out of my way for a sale if it is a good one on something I want/need, but ..

My daughter asked me if i would take her to black friday sales, i said 'why do you want to go'.....her response, 'I don't know, I just want to go.'.......That is the mentality that it has inspired, they aren't arriving for a specific thing, like waiting outside during a game console sale, the masses are just showing up without purpose to snatch any and all deals that are available.

Easiest answer, take black friday online......that will solve it.....hopefully the store networks will be better set up to deal with it than HP did on their fire sale. Outside of that, if the stores can't handle their own problems, let them burn, they caused it.

The store basically went into the garage when the parents weren't looking to play with the car.....They started it up, because the parents left the keys in it....put it in gear and ran the car through the living room wall.....The parents coddled the kid and said its okay, let me send that car to the junk yard for doing what it does, drive (shop).....

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by pointr97
During the majority of the year, stores charge a ton more for a product and say that is a justifiable price....During a couple days of the year, they drop prices drastically to get people in the door.....

It is called a 'loss leader' and is designed, as you have already mentioned, to get people in the door and hopefully spend much more. It is a marketing tool used by more than just retail establishments.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by gpena

Did the crowd say he was shop lifting? Still if he was that was police brutality deffinently

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

That is not accurate. The Arizona statutes governing shoplifting clearly state that concealment is shoplifting:

5. Concealment.

B. Any person who knowingly conceals upon himself or another person unpurchased merchandise of any mercantile establishment while within the mercantile establishment is presumed to have the necessary culpable mental state pursuant to subsection A of this section. source

This is rather stupid all-around. People should not be stuffing merchandise into their clothing and police officers should not be pummeling them for the same. At best it was a misdemeanor and now instead it can become and excessive force civil case as well.

CARRYING a game in your waste band is NOT concealment... Think about that physically.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

During the majority of the year, stores charge a ton more for a product and say that is a justifiable price....During a couple days of the year, they drop prices drastically to get people in the door.....

It is called a 'loss leader' and is designed, as you have already mentioned, to get people in the door and hopefully spend much more. It is a marketing tool used by more than just retail establishments.

Yes, marketing tool....but if marketing insights violence that the store is not prepared or capable of handling, then it is not a 'tool' and it is not a problem the cops should be required to handle.....Lets look at OWS, they are practicing their free speech, given to them in the constitution....The cops and cities are complaining about how many man hours it is costing them to 'deal' with it.....Well, how much man power is the Black Friday sales costing the cops and cities, and who is responsible for that bill?

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

CARRYING a game in your waste band is NOT concealment... Think about that physically.

And how would any of us know how he was carrying that game? Was it completely tucked in or was part of it out? Was his shirt covering a portion of the game? I would like to see the Wal-Mart security videos of the event. Either way, from what I have been able to garner regarding concealment is that the merchadise does not have to be completely covered to qualify as concealment.

The point I made was that in Arizona you do not have to leave the store for it to be considered shoplifting. All that needs to occur is the merchandise has to be concealed, which is what happened. Either way, tucking merchandise into your clothing is stupid. The guy obviously got up after placing the item in his waistband and did not remove it until approached (as per witnesses in the articles) and was subsequently taken down. As I said before, stupid all around.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Yes, marketing tool....but if marketing insights violence that the store is not prepared or capable of handling, then it is not a 'tool' and it is not a problem the cops should be required to handle.....Well, how much man power is the Black Friday sales costing the cops and cities, and who is responsible for that bill?

After reading the articles relating to this event they all stated that the officers in question were working off-duty on the payroll of the retailer. So it would seem that the retailer has assumed responsibility for that bill and not the tax payers.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
There is a reason that people who stay home on Black Friday do not get maimed, cussed out, punched, shoved, stepped on, or otherwise made to be miserable: they keep their ass at home away from the stampedes.

Anytime you put yourself in a mob of excited people, you are putting yourself at personal risk. It has been known for years that Black Friday events are growing increasingly hostile and violent.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I honestly don't give a flying f#$% anymore next time I see a "PEACE" officer even so much as harm a person without just cause, I am going to do everything with in my power to let them no this is not how the people are going to do done in. All you POS police officers in B.C. Canada be on alert, so sick of this sh#$, everyday I see the pigs overstep there authority. And soon I'm gonna rally the people in my city to do the same.

Time to get people back in power, and the ego driven a$$holes with the guns under control, serious gonna ruin the happiness of the police pretty soon so pissed off......

not so SaneThinking right now

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by gpena

That is absolutely disgusting. If that had of been my father, there would have been at least three people in the hospital. They both should have been AT LEAST held and arrested by the local citizens, witness's statements collected on the spot and then they should have handed those two @ssclowns over to the state police, not the local yokels, their partners in crime. It wasn't even shoplifting! It was an over reaction by a couple of punk thugs that just wanted to get their jollies. I hope these two are personally sued for everything they have along with their department.

Things are going to start changing for the better soon, I hope, but it isn't going to happen on its own with fragmented and non-directional peaceful protests, obviously. This kind of crap can't keep going on.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 11/26.2011 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Come on America, I know our cops (Brit') ain't much but, I see a report almost EVERY DAY about police brutality in the US but nothing changes. Why?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join