It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Is Your Favourite Sound?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I am sure most of us hear a sound that makes us go weak at the knees. It's a sound that we think that there is nothing better. Here is my fave..........The Rolls Royce Merlin Engine:-

www.youtube.com...

So come on, lets here yours.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
My favorite sound is...the sound of a child's laughter.....I can be out doing errands....be in a grumpy mood... hear a child laughing....and I cheer right up!

As for a (weak in the knees sound)...that would be the sound of the front door opening...knowing my husband is on the other side.

edit on 26-11-2011 by caladonea because: add more

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Rain on a tin roof...yeah I'm from the country. If you wanna sleep like a baby it's the perfect sound!

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
The sound of a cold beer being opened.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
The sound of shredding paper. ffffffftthhh

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismicha77

Exactly what I was thinking. I don't know why, but I love the drone of rain on the roof. In fact, I love rainstorms. One of my favorite pastimes is sitting on the porch with a cold beer, watching a storm. Thunder, too, is something I like. Not the sharp, cracking kind, but the long, rolling ones.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismicha77

aw, shoot. I was gonna say rain on a tin roof too.... a fellow country person!
next favorite is the sound of horses eating grain in the evening. SO peaceful.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
My favourite sound comes from this guy

Gentaro Satomura

Effortless perfection

edit on 26-11-2011 by weirdguy because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-11-2011 by weirdguy because: I can,t spel

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
The sound of a perfectly hit baseball off of a wood or aluminum baseball bat.

Or the sound of a crackling campfire.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
The sound of the coffee maker in the morning...guess that kinda goes with my favorite smell, too.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I agree, the rolling thunder with the rain is an added bonus. With rain already taken, I'll have to go with ocean waves as my number two favorite sound.

link   
Dead leaves crunching beneath feet.

link   
Wobble bass

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Twin turbo 632 CI V8.....

ORGASMIC sound.

edit on 26-11-2011 by ConspiraCity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Certainly not the sound of the alarm clock on my new blackberry! It sounds as if the frequency is going to melt my brain!
Also the sound of a golf cart backing up also gets me rattled.

Sorry to go off topic

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
The sound of an outdoor camp fire with all the pops, crackling and glowing embers.....you stare into the pit and get lost in the beauty of the ever changing flickering flames.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Cool thread! S&F! Since engines, and rainshowers are taken. I'll go with the sound of a Great Dane "talking" very soothing deep, rumbling "roo, rooo, roooo." Of course I do have Dane bramage.

Favorite engine sound: Pontiac 455 with no cross-over, tuned duals. (weak in the knees indeed.)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
mine's somewhat of an odd one, but i've always LOVED this sound. Don't really know what about it though that makes me love it so much, maybe an effect it had in our past or thinking about how i may have to hear this in during my time here

(i hope i embedded correctly)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by DavidStockton

LOL that is the public alert system. They use the exact same sound for tornadoes. I hear it a lot here. They test the system the last Friday of every month if the skies are clear. It does have a certain ominous quality doesn't it?

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ConspiraCity

Ohhh.....Daddy..... I'm drooling. As a woman, it is considered unusual for a chick to be moved in any way by the concept of horsepower, but move is a relative term! Orgasmic? Perfect description for such suggestive power! The first thing I did when I got my 'Stang V8 was tinker and tune until it could sing a sweet song of asphalt shredding mayhem.... I love my baby almost as much as I love my boyfriend!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join