It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Discuss: Imagination.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Some people think imagination is childish and useless. My perspective is that it is actually one of the most important faculties in the mind: It is the capacity to create.

What is it really? What are the true implications of such an ability? How does it tie in to everything else we discuss here? What do you think?

Perhaps the word needs to be redefined for us to theorize about it correctly.
edit on 26-11-2011 by Shepp because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Shepp

Imagination is image making. There is the image that you see in front of you now, that is reality. And then there are images painted as imagery in thought.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Do you consider the mental world where the imagery resides to be 'legitimate'- so to speak?

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shepp

Perhaps the word needs to be redefined for us to think of it correctly.

Using "theorize" might be the better choice to use , a little more acceptable by the masses .

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Shepp

No higher achievement than to " create " as opposed to destroying in pursuit and exchange of power.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Some people think imagination is childish and useless. My perspective is that it is actually one of the most important faculties in the mind: It is the capacity to create.

What is it really? What are the true implications of such an ability? How does it tie in to everything else we discuss here? What do you think?

Perhaps the word needs to be redefined for us to think of it correctly.

ATS is a prime example of people using their imagination.

All one has to do to is read a thread on just about any forum here. I particulary love the threads that show examples of over active imaginations!

If people didn't put their use of imagination to work, I might not be able to type this reply here.........
edit on 26-11-2011 by supine because: spelling

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Shepp

It is thought, i don't know if it is legitamate? What do you mean is it legitamate?

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by dude69

You can't create something without destroying something else.

Even if all you are destroying is the stillness of the void.

OP: I believe Imagination is the root of everything, including existence.

Namaste

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Shepp

There is reality and then there is imagination. Most people live in their imagined world constructed out of the concepts and ideas that have been fed them along their timeline, the story of 'me'.
The real world where everyone can unite is right here and right now. Not in imagination but directly.
edit on 26-11-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Do you consider it to be 'real' or inconsequential. I'm almost asking if you believe in the power of thought. Almost.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by supine

Is this meant to be a subtle insult?

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

reply to post by supine

Is this meant to be a subtle insult?

No, not at all. I love it when people use their imaginations on ATS. Especially when I am bored and or too tired to use my own!

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

it is one of the 'keys'.

of utmost importance. available to all.

sometimes takes training and improves with practice.

can not be forced.

find ur muse and make a garden for her: she is way more likely to come out and 'play' in a nice 'garden'.

true story

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by supine

Haha, my mom would call me a smart ass for saying something like that.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by galactix

Can you talk more about this? I think what you're getting at is why I asked originally.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Shepp

IMHO imagination is magic. Magic of the Brow Chakra. So is speech. Speech would belong to the Throat Chakra. Speech comes first, as your Chakras open, and then imagination.

I read a book long ago by Catherine Ponder called The Dynamic Laws of Prosperity. She said there was great power in your speech and in your visualization. However, she pointed out, we in the west do not practice any discipline when we use these faculties. We say or think things like life sucks or nothing is right, or I only have bad luck.

According to Catherine there are forces/entities which will help us if we ask. Some think of these forces/entities as angels, some spirits, some think of them as God, depending on the POV. All of these labels are true and correct since the Taoist religion teaches us that all is one, and the One is God. But I digress. The trouble is that when we practice our speech and visualization we work against ourselves in that we sometimes think of what we desire, but later we will think about our bad luck, or how much life sucks. By doing this we are sending conflicting messages about what we indeed do desire. Catherine pointed out that a little self control in this area would produce great results. And in my life it has.

I could go on about all the things that I have had happen simply by practicing this self control and asking only for what I want. Indeed Catherine gave a written exercise that was supposed to help demonstrate and then develop this power. I practiced this exercise for three years and now no longer need it.

The last time I used this power of imagination was very recently. I asked for firewood to fall from the sky and land in my lap. About a week after starting to focus on this idea the landlord knocked on my door and told me that he was cutting down a couple trees in our park. When all was said and done I had to drive a half a block to pick up some soft wood, but the hardwood that was cut was actually dropped over my fence into my backyard. It was beech. On the same day that I was collecting this wood, the landlord remembered that he had some seasoned firewood that a tenant had left behind. He gave it to me.

A week later a woman I did not know came into my store and told me that I could come take the fallen wood from her land, she has five acres half way up the hill I live on. A week later another woman I did not know came into my store and told me she is cutting down a "bunch" of trees on her property and I could come get all I want. I have since gathered a few people in my small town together, all of whom did not have enough wood for the winter, nor enough money to buy it, and we are going to go as a group and split the firewood from these last two properties. Pay it forward!

It took me six months of this visualization to land one of the best jobs I ever had and have used it to recover pets and even, with help, to rid a dear friend of cancer. The downside? The more you use this power the more you see the futility of the endless money chase that most of us sacrifice our lives for and begin to desire things that are not materialistic in nature.

I call this magic for two reasons. 1) it is magic in that it is science we do not understand, therefore do not tend to place belief in even it's existence. and 2) when it occurs it makes you laugh contentedly and gratefully. And I always remember to say thank you.

So here is the written exercise in case anyone wants to try it.

beginning

"The unlimited power of God (I use the One instead) is in absolute control of this day, producing perfect results here and now!"

list of things you wish to eliminate from your life

list of things you desire or wish to happen in your life

list of things you are thankful for in your life.

ending

"This or something better Father let your unlimited goodwill be done."

Catherine said in her book that you should try it for two weeks, and not to even bother believing it, even do this with a spirit of daring it to work. I was almost an instant convert to this line of thought. The idea behind writing it is so that you can return to what you ask and see how well it worked.

Oh and do not limit the areas that you look for help in. One day I asked for sex to happen with a woman who was coming to visit me. She was married to a guy who was only interested in popping pills and not his hot and unhappy wife. Though I had known her for years neither of us had ever made a move towards this going any further, nor had we ever talked about it. That day she initiated it with me within a few minutes of arriving at my house. Edit; BTW this is the same woman with cancer that we helped, though that came later.

Hope this helps.
edit on 26-11-2011 by Ittabena because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Ittabena

I like your stories
. So is it a matter of repetition? What about using imagination/visual. to simply explore your own mind?

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Shepp

I like your stories . So is it a matter of repetition? What about using imagination/visual. to simply explore your own mind?

I believe that is called meditation, and usually repetition is of great use in that yes. But I think intentions are the key actually.

I like my stories too. In fact at 53 I wish I could go back and relive a few of them. Next life I am just going to refuse to get older.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
But remember one thing;
They want us to believe that imaginationland is being attacked by terrorists.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Ittabena

Do you think if I know what I am truly seeking, it will come?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join