It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thieving Cop Blames Ghost For His Crimes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
This is an incredibly lame/stupid excuse. Is this honestly the best he can come up with. - a ghost did it.

These were obviously stolen while he was a cop, because they are all items that were stolen from the sheriff's office.

He should have to face a harsher penalty for corruption, abuse of his position.

Goodness knows what other crimes he was committing while he was a cop & used his position to cover it up.

A hypocrite too, he would have busted people for theft then goes thieving himself.

web.orange.co.uk...

Ex-cop accused of theft blames ghost

A former police officer accused of theft in the US stunned a court when he blamed a ghost in his basement.

Joseph Hughes, from Mount Gilead, Ohio, faced 21 charges against him, including stealing 12 air conditioning units, a 6,000 watt generator and a welder.

All are believed to have been taken from the Morrow County sheriff's office - one air conditioner was even labelled 'auditor' in thick black marker.

But after the stolen articles were found in Hughes's basement, he gave a paranormal defence for why he didn't know they were there.

"It's going to sound kind of ridiculous, but we believed that there was some kind of paranormal presence in the basement," Hughes said in court.

"It sounds kind of ridiculous but there was evidence to support it."

Tom Elkin of the Morrow County Prosecutor's Office, said Hughes' defence was "probably as odd as I've ever heard".

"I've been practicing since 1983 and I can say that's the first time I've heard of paranormal activity in the course of a trial," he said.

The court was not convinced and Hughes was found guilty.

How did the judge & prosecutor keep a straight face during this case.

Scary to think this dumbass was once responsible for public safety.

edit on 25-11-2011 by acrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Ghost to show you,justice will be done. What a looney, hope hes getting psychiatric help/gun license revoked etc

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

It sounds kind of ridiculous but there was evidence to support it."

I like to know what evidence there was.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
How can a COP come up with such crap?? Imagine he took them in the basement and says OK now wait there a minute... then comes back in a sheet going OOOOOOO Look at all the stuff I robbed... oooooo don't blame the policeman...

This sounds like a case for Scooby Doo

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by R3N3G4D3

Scooby Doo & The Case Of The Cop's Basement Ghost.

If those blasted kids hadn't interfered I would have gotten away with it.

Did Shaggy & Scooby find the secret tunnel from the basement to the police station storage room.

PS Thank's for the laugh, sheet over his head "OOOOOOO".

edit on 25-11-2011 by acrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by acrux

The better question? How could his defense attorney keep a straight face?

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
And here i was thinking the twinkee defense was unreal.A klepto ghost?Right(shakes head).

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Couldn't help but recall another defense posed by someone caught with their hand in the cookie jar - well, not exactly their hand.

Man accused of bestiality blames crime on shapeshifting prostitute

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Open2Truth
Couldn't help but recall another defense posed by someone caught with their hand in the cookie jar - well, not exactly their hand.

Man accused of bestiality blames crime on shapeshifting prostitute

Beware the she-wolf and her bite

top topics

join