It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Upgrades Syria with advanced S-300 missiles? No Fly Zone Deterrent?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

It just takes one to get through brother.

I know anti-missile defense has improved since then, but there's no such thing as "foolproof." You know Murphy's Law right? "If you drop your toast it's going to land butter side down every time," or something like that.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

reply to post by LightAssassin

I think you are both absolutely right. I was speaking to one of the leaders of a Syrian opposition group via Skype earlier tonight (no I won't say who it is, you'll have to wait for the next show
) and we were discussing possible Russian involvement should NATO take an overt role in enforcing the No-Fly Zone, a "Red Line" the Russians have said they will not allow to be crossed.

It's going to be problematic enough to keep the Russians out. Turkey, a NATO country, will be taking the lead in the No-Fly Zone under the auspices of the Arab League - to which Turkey does not belong. In an interview with NATO, I was told that "NATO" is staying out of this one aside from logistical support for the Turks. Exactly how that is supposed to convince the Russians this is not a NATO operation is beyond me; but I guess we'll see how this shakes out one way or another, because we're on an E ticket ride and there ain't no getting off.

Hell yeah this is getting interesting. Anyone want to sponsor me on a trip to Syria so I can report first hand?
edit on 11/24/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
So let me get this straight, Russia did NOT sell the S-300 system to Iran forcing them to concoct their own homegrown "version" yet Russia gives this system to Syria? Im not buying it.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Trust me, Stealth Bombers aren't all that stealthy if they cannot hide their heat signature!!!

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
There wont be a no fly zone taking place in Syria. I can promise you 10000%. You dont believe me? Watch and wait.....and you will wait...and wait.....and still there will not be a no fly zone. I'll be back to remind everyone just like i was do.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMindWar

Just a Refresher : www.youtube.com...

and for the Musically Attentiven with timely relevency :

www.youtube.com...

Best Regards, and S&F to your Post.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

I know a Foreign Agent when I read one, and your AK certainly fits the bill.

We are "Balls to the Wall," and The Berlin Wall has Crumbled.

In fact, I have a piece of it here on my desk.

Bluff all the lives away you wish, yet remember The United States of America

has boots on the ground of the very Earth we speak of.

Best Regards, Wildmanimal

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   

edit on 24-11-2011 by timski because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMindWar

Well I guess somebody is going to have to show up "Out of the Blue."
Right and proper for "The Old Red,White,and Blue."

Now listen up loud and clear : www.youtube.com...

Avant Garde : www.youtube.com...

For those Linguists here :en.wikipedia.org...

For those of you who are in doubt, Get it on the paper : www.youtube.com...

For Silly Rabbits: www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
Thus best the Syrian tyrant or russians don't get too complacent, a trait unfortunately only a reality in flawed mortals.

Is the real tyrant not Nobel Peace Prize Prick, Barry Soetero and the company he keeps David "silver spoon" Cameron, Nikolas " 10inch Cuban Heels" Sarkosy", Benjamin " Habitual Liar" Netanyahu or Angela "used to be a man" Merkel

They are the tyrants,

Enough of the Syrian, Iranian bashing! lets be the world we want to see, enough war mongering,

You want to see real world peace:

Impeach the imposter in the White House, and investigate all the cohorts around him who have sold out to the buck,

Cancel the bought $ paid for congress and start again under an maximum 8yr term to serve and you move on,

Stop all foreign military aid to Israel, it can look after itself (if it wants to fight another war, let it on it's own) ,

Actually arrest the corporate playboys and bankers (nobody has been named as their leader ????),

Dissolve the Federal Reserve,

Release the free energy patents, that currently only benefit the 1% by hiding them,

Shut down Mosanto,

We have been played for decades, serving only the few!

Well enough of the crap, I want to see:

World Peace,
Food on everybody's table,
Clothes on everybody's back,
Water in everybody's cup,
The best medicine and care available to everybody! "FREE"

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin

Trust me, Stealth Bombers aren't all that stealthy if they cannot hide their heat signature!!!

You are correct, the US said it would fly the B2 into the UK for the Farnborough Airshow around 5yrs ago and it's invisibility would confound the Brits,

The event happened, and the Brits invited the Americans to review their data showing they had tracked the B2 long before it hit British shores and gave the USA it's complete flight path. all due to heat seeking technology,

Still a fantastic platform though, pity we can't spend that type of money on tangible infrastructure instead of killing people

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
lol , as soon as that thing fires a missile its tagged on a very advanced warfare information system. It may down a few planes , but they will be quickly and effectivly be knocked out ... not to mention that missile wont stick to the aircraft for long if its at the right altitude. You can easily confuse the missile if you have the time.

They will probably send in a drone fleet first off , to designate hidden missile targets any way and counter with ship to shore missiles.

It isnt very hard to counter advanced systems if you dont have the technology to maintain that system.. you can be advanced as you want to be. You must defend however , and you forget NATO has technology of its own.

Do you not think there is a counter for the best of the best out there? NATO has technology and hell of a lot more money.
edit on 04/30/2011 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by kushin

I know I'm correct, it was us Aussies who first tracked their Stealth fighter on its maiden voyage which resulted in the US buying the technology we used to track them. Not sure their is an article about it but it's well known in the military.

They were embarrassed to say the least.

edit on 25-11-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by kushin
Is the real tyrant not Nobel Peace Prize Prick, Barry Soetero and the company he keeps David "silver spoon" Cameron, Nikolas " 10inch Cuban Heels" Sarkosy", Benjamin " Habitual Liar" Netanyahu or Angela "used to be a man" Merkel

They are the tyrants,

Enough of the Syrian, Iranian bashing! lets be the world we want to see, enough war mongering,

Impeach the imposter in the White House, and investigate all the cohorts around him who have sold out to the buck,

Cancel the bought $ paid for congress and start again under an maximum 8yr term to serve and you move on,

Stop all foreign military aid to Israel, it can look after itself (if it wants to fight another war, let it on it's own) ,

Actually arrest the corporate playboys and bankers (nobody has been named as their leader ????),

Release the free energy patents, that currently only benefit the 1% by hiding them,

Shut down Mosanto,

World Peace,

One issue at a time.

Save your BS and tell it to the murderous tyrant Emperor Assad of Syria, who is NOW in the process of killing unarmed innocent citizens whom only are pleading what you and I have or seeking for - freedom, justice, equality, shared prosperity and progress,

Even though they may be different in many ways, -shias, sunnis, or whatever, at the basic level they ARE my fellow human brothers and sisters, and are currently unconscionably MURDERED on their knees towards their supposed 'Leader'.

Even though some may not feel the same way as I do, but many more would have done the same for me, if not now, it will be the next generations, if I was in their predicament today, for we are one - humankind.

All the escalation will end, if the bastard tyrant will step down now, along with his barbaric animals, face justice and spend the rest of their lives in remorse and contemplation for their atrocities.

Be part of the solution, and not be the problem with your hypocrisy over the ROOT of the problem in syria TODAY, if you TRULY seek for peace.

Insha ALLAH, or мира будет с вамиmy ( peace be with you in Russian) fellow human brother.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
The comment made that The US/CIA is creating the issue in Syria in order to invade is so much nonsense. If you know Syrian history of the last 4 decades, The Assad regimes have been brutal....In fact in the 70's, Assads father killed over 70,000 Syrian citizens in one town, killed every human being in that town, The Army looted all the citizens valuables, businesses were looted all packed into moving vans and shipped out as tanks and bulldozers were called in and leveled the entire town. The Assads are bad flippin people.;;;;;I am amazed to see what is written about my country, The USA, the negative BS so many of you write......Yes we have issues........however, not one other country has given so much of its wealth and time helping others as my country in the last 40 years...zero others.....So the nonsense about the USA making the situation in Syria is more bashing from those who are so uninformed......is BS.....

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildmanimal
reply to post by OldCorp

I know a Foreign Agent when I read one, and your AK certainly fits the bill.

We are "Balls to the Wall," and The Berlin Wall has Crumbled.

In fact, I have a piece of it here on my desk.

Bluff all the lives away you wish, yet remember The United States of America

has boots on the ground of the very Earth we speak of.

Best Regards, Wildmanimal

WUT?

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
There wont be a no fly zone taking place in Syria. I can promise you 10000%. You dont believe me? Watch and wait.....and you will wait...and wait.....and still there will not be a no fly zone. I'll be back to remind everyone just like i was do.

Your promises don't mean a lot. The interview with the "Syrian opposition leader" - portions anyway - was posted last week but you have yet to apologize for calling me a liar. Of course I never seriously expected one; but maybe next time you'll give me the benefit of the doubt before you go around calling my integrity into question.

There WILL be some kind of foreign intervention on the ground in Syria, and to protect those CIA assets there WILL be a no -fly, no-movement zone. A literal ARMY of CIA stooges, 20,000+ strong, is preparing to assault the Assad regime right now from bases in Turkey and Jordan. It's called the Free Syrian Army, and it is made up mostly of soldiers who have defected from the Syrian army; but most of the leadership has been infiltrated by foreign jihadists from LIFG (AQ in the Maghreb) and Ansar al-Sunna (AQ in Iraq.)

The one thing they do not have is armor, something Assad has in abundance and will use without hesitation. Once he starts using APCs and tanks to control the streets he might as well sign his own death warrant as that will give the "international community" the reason it needs to go in.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
All NATO has to do is overwhelm the S-300 with dummy missiles, until they have used up all the S-300 on each system. Reload time of a S-300 system is 45 min to an hour depending on the support capabilities of each system.

That is when these systems would be a sitting target.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

But I'm pretty sure once Iran sees incoming fire they will retaliate fire to the source. So you'd be firing blanks (dummies) and Iran would be firing "Carrier Killers" .......Can you see the error of your post now.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101

Originally posted by kushin

They are the tyrants,

Shut down Mosanto,

World Peace,

One issue at a time.

Save your BS and tell it to the murderous tyrant Emperor Assad of Syria, who is NOW in the process of killing unarmed innocent citizens whom only are pleading what you and I have or seeking for - freedom, justice, equality, shared prosperity and progress,

Even though they may be different in many ways, -shias, sunnis, or whatever, at the basic level they ARE my fellow human brothers and sisters, and are currently unconscionably MURDERED on their knees towards their supposed 'Leader'.

Even though some may not feel the same way as I do, but many more would have done the same for me, if not now, it will be the next generations, if I was in their predicament today, for we are one - humankind.

All the escalation will end, if the bastard tyrant will step down now, along with his barbaric animals, face justice and spend the rest of their lives in remorse and contemplation for their atrocities.

Be part of the solution, and not be the problem with your hypocrisy over the ROOT of the problem in syria TODAY, if you TRULY seek for peace.

Insha ALLAH, or мира будет с вамиmy ( peace be with you in Russian) fellow human brother.

What Nonsense
yeah i doubt your Russian anyone can use Google translate and translate into whatever language you want.

Actually don't give me that BS nonsense of equality and freedom

I have or seeking for - freedom, justice, equality, shared prosperity and progress

And then what? create Syria has an American puppet satellite country hm like Georgia is? i can see what great freedom the new Libya has its looking quite bloody and women got only 20 seats

Terrorists are coming to Libya yeah what a great job NATO has done.

Save your BS and tell it to the murderous tyrant Emperor Assad of Syria

Ah just like the way you called gaddafi murderous tyrant Emperor of Libya even though he wasn't that evil?? seriously when are you going to stop with that nonsense?

edit on 15-1-2012 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-1-2012 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join