It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC News Article: Places Most Liveable Ailen Worlds Ranked

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Well Well. if this is not pre conditioning then i dont know what is

Most Liveable Ailen Worlds

The article basically lists planets where life is likely to be found and where one can possibly live! Ten years ago we would not have seen something like this in mainstream media. Now we do. I really do think this is part of an education awareness campaign and conditioning. The softly softly apporoach. Mark my words it wont be long before they discover microbacterial life. Then later more complex life and then probably a signal. Give it 20 years or so more.....

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wirral Bagpuss
Well Well. if this is not pre conditioning then i dont know what is

Most Liveable Ailen Worlds

The article basically lists planets where life is likely to be found and where one can possibly live! Ten years ago we would not have seen something like this in mainstream media. Now we do. I really do think this is part of an education awareness campaign and conditioning. The softly softly apporoach. Mark my words it wont be long before they discover microbacterial life. Then later more complex life and then probably a signal. Give it 20 years or so more.....

There is actually very little doubt in my mind that microbial life exists within our solar system.. Its just a matter of time before it's confirmed...

When you talk about the mainstream.. i hear what your saying and you are correct, but also bear in mind in the last 10 years we have made some significant discoveries and our understanding has increased immensely..

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Wirral Bagpuss

Although Cassini has done flyby's of Titan before, they have never truly been able to gauge what is really lurking underneath those thick methane clouds.

There are three possible NASA missions being considered to take place in the not so distant future. One of them is a mission to Titan.

Scientists want to parachute a boat-like probe into the cryogenic seas of Titan for a 96-day mission to identify the moon's complex organic molecules and detail its chemistry. The probe would float like a buoy and drift around Titan's sea propelled by the moon's winds and waves.

APL Link

Also selected were a NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory lander that would study the Martian interior, and a NASA Goddard project to land on a comet multiple times and observe its interaction with the sun. Chosen from 28 full-mission proposals submitted to NASA last summer, each investigation team now receives $3 million to develop a detailed concept study. After another review of those studies in 2012, NASA will select one to develop for launch. The selected mission will be cost-capped at $425 million, not including launch vehicle funding.

Possible NASA Missions

I am a big Titan fan. I just love reading any new tidbit or news piece that comes out. What lies beneath and even below on Titan are what intrigues me the most. Who is to say that just because we need heat to survive, other species need it as well??? Who is to say there is not ample heat for other lifeforms under Titan's core?

My bet is the "comet hopper" will most likely win the battle but it is interesting none the less! Thanks for the link!

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I completely agree that in the last little bit, our perception of what might be possible into reality has really opened up. No longer do they discredit out of the box thinking (other than the whole ET debate). Compared to before, NASA is definitely gearing up the search for life (even if it is microbial).

Titan i think is a good place to start looking for living microbial life. As well mars should have tons of fossils of prior life. I also think that Europa with its possible lakes could be a breeding ground for life, even if not intelligent.

Life is life, and once we find life out there, the rest of the possible life forms floating about might actually be taken seriously. (Im strictly speaking inter planetary ET and possible travels to our little blue dot.)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Still, I prefer what Stanton Friedman and Bruce Maccabee sometimes mention: that there are 46 sunlike stars besides ours within 54 light-years that are on average a billion years older than our Sun.

This Wiikipedia listing shows 48 within that range:

Solar Analog

Sure, the Earth's being the densest planet in the solar system and having a large moon is a rare stroke of luck conducive to maintaining an atmosphere, but one or more dense earth-sized moons in the right orbits around a rocky or gas giant in the habitable zone of a sunlike star could enjoy the same advantage, and having two habitable planets so close together might be interesting in terms of early space travel.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by harlot7

Titan is a very good bet.. Its a primordial soup very much like the earth was billions of years ago. We have found potential building blocks of life there.. there are also complex compounds in the atmosphere that indicate living organisms.

Europa aside I think Enceladus is very promising It is believed to have an liquid ocean under the suface that is heated by the core and simple organic molecules. The casini probe detected carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen and oxygen, all excellent elements for aspiring carbon-based life forms..

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon

When you talk about the mainstream.. i hear what your saying and you are correct, but also bear in mind in the last 10 years we have made some significant discoveries and our understanding has increased immensely..

Sorry to ask however, I am curious. Define what you mean by "we"; if you mean "we, the members of ATS" can you please provide some links to threads which highlight the discoveries of which you speak.

I am simply curious and am interested to see what I have missed. I in no way intend for this to be sarcastic, I believe we have achieved much discovery; however I feel, although I check regularly, that I might have missed these significant discoveries.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Shuzitzu

Sorry to ask however, I am curious. Define what you mean by "we"; if you mean "we, the members of ATS" can you please provide some links to threads which highlight the discoveries of which you speak.

I actually meant 'we' as in humanity.. And the discoveries are in science..

There is a wealth of information out there and every discovery just seems to confirm the strong possibility that life could exist off earth..

I dont normally post my own threads like this, but i made this one last week that highlights a small piece of evidence to support the theory.. if your interested in this sort of thing.. take a look..
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 23/11/11 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shuzitzu

Well when we say 'we' it's the Royal We

Discoveries? How about the Gliese 581 system with 3 planets in the Goldilock zone? In fact we are sending messages to Gliese 581D right now.... One message says "Please don't eat us"

Messages to Gliese....

Hello From Earth - 18 years 90 days and counting....
www.hellofromearth.net...

TOP Message

"Hello Gliese 581d inhabitant. Can you help us humans travel through space and become smart like you. Please do not eat us we are a friendly race.
Angus Pigott
Canberra, Australia"
www.hellofromearth.net...

See? I wasn't kidding

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Underwater Robot Helps NASA Explore Europa

The Environmentally Non-Disturbing Under-ice Robotic Antarctic Explorer (ENDURANCE) robot probe is scheduled for some tough tests in the next few weeks. The goal is to help NASA eventually explore the underwater environment of Europa, one of Jupiter's moons.

www.space.com...

Since any liquid water under the ice on Europa would be the same temperature as the bottom of our oceans, it seems highly likely to me that we should find the same variety of weird life forms that we find in our deepest trenches where there is no sunlight either.

I just hop that when the probe sends back pictures it won't be giant teeth as it is getting eaten

edit on 23-11-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shuzitzu
however I feel, although I check regularly, that I might have missed these significant discoveries.

Perhaps you missed these?
ATS Thread titles... just paste into search

The Hunt for Exoplanets, more exoplanets, and NASA
ESOcast 35: Fifty New Exoplanets
Potentially habitable "Super-Earth" is among 50 newly discovered
First pictures of exoplanets
Most Intersting Exoplanets,

NASAs Study of Arsenic Life Stirs Controversy
Arsenic-feeding bacteria expands traditional notions of life
Nasa Finds New Life - On Planet earth

Titan may hold Alien life! University of Arizona Scientists say
Titan: Nasa scientists discover evidence 'that alien life exists on
Titan, Saturn's moon, may have life based upon methane

Cassini Tastes Organic Material at Saturn's Geyser Moon Enceladus
Salt in Enceladus geyser points to liquid ocean

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
This study does not take into account whether or not those planets have an adequate MAGNETIC FIELD to shield the planet from DEADLY RADIATION from it's own suns to all sorts of Cosmic Radiation.

There are most likely thousands upon thousands of Earth like planets in a GOLDILOCKS ZONE....close to our galaxies much denser stellar fields near the Galactic Core.....but because they are near to the galactic core.....even magnetic fields ten times as strong as earths would still not prevent the massive amounts of Radiation near the core....from irradiating those planets to DEATH. Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon
reply to post by zorgon

Understood. Thank you both for some links to some excellent content! Some of which I am aware of already but seek further in-depth knowledge out of interest; to which I hope your links will provide.

This calls for a cup of coffee and a good reading session! Stand-by for feedback.

Thanks again!

Mike
edit on 11/23/2011 by Shuzitzu because: Corrected 'an' to 'a' - typing error

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
I'm shocked this thread isn't receiving more attention. S+F

I believe our Solar System is filled with life. I look forward to reading more detail about these locations hosting potential alien life.

edit on 24-11-2011 by game over man because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by game over man
I'm shocked this thread isn't receiving more attention. S+F

I believe our Solar System is filled with life. I look forward to reading more detail about these locations hosting potential alien life.

edit on 24-11-2011 by game over man because: (no reason given)

Several U.S. Astronauts have stated that they have observed what appear to be....very simplistic lifeforms....that they believe use some form of SOLAR ABSORBTION of energy to "Feed Them".

They are multi-segmented....elongated tube type entities that seem to "SWIM" in the highest zones of our Atmosphere....and that they did not appear E.T. nature but seem to be a TRUE LIFEFORM ORIGINATING FROM EARTH.

They made these assumptions after viewing how these supposed entities moved and altered course to allow maximum Solar Irradiation. Other U.S. Astronauts have claimed to have seen similar and other seemingly Earth Born Lifeforms that are akin in one Astronauts words....to the equivelent of ULTRA HIGH ALTITTUDE JELLY FISH...that use a portion of our planets higher atmosphere as their natural enviroment.

Shuttle Missions took place in a relatively LOW ORBT and there seems to be a long list of classified entity observational activity....but all the astronauts......and in my opinion...this is because they know the difference of what and ADVANCED E.T. CRAFT LOOKS LIKE AS WELL AS THE DIFFERENT TYPES OF e.t. CRAFT....as apposed to what they are reporting here.

They all believe these are lifeforms born of this planet that act in an almost basic PLANT/INSECT....activity.
Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
This study does not take into account whether or not those planets have an adequate MAGNETIC FIELD to shield the planet from DEADLY RADIATION from it's own suns to all sorts of Cosmic Radiation.

You are of course assuming life as we know it. Did you know there is a life form on earth that thrives on sulfuric acid?

Its called Snottite (yeah because it looks like snot
)

At Chernobyl there were some Russians that proved almost immune to the radiation and scientists have developed mice that are immune to radiation... so I wouldn't rule out lack of a magnetic shield as a requirement.

Scientists Make Mice Immune to Radiation
www.dotmed.com...

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
Several U.S. Astronauts have stated that they have observed what appear to be....very simplistic lifeforms....that they believe use some form of SOLAR ABSORBTION of energy to "Feed Them".

Got some links to those statements?

Not that I doubt you as I have been talking about the critters for a long time and they were first called 'critters' in 1954, but I would like links to those 'Several astronauts statements" Thanks

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
Discoveries? How about the Gliese 581 system with 3 planets in the Goldilock zone? In fact we are sending messages to Gliese 581D right now.... One message says "Please don't eat us"

The Goldilocks zone is complete crap. Life could exist outside the "habitable zone including on Jupiter and Titans moons. In fact non-water based life forms may be able to exist independently of a star.

This habitable zone was once thought to be the only place that life could survive but nowadays opinion is divided as moons like Europa around Jupiter may have an ocean beneath its icy surface which could contain some sort of life. There may also be worlds where life has evolved in ammonia and other weird and wonderful ways but what we are looking at here within the habitable zone is earthlike life which depends on water.
www.weirdwarp.com...

www.weirdwarp.com...

www.weirdwarp.com...

This of course means that all the dumb ass equations used by Astrobiologists that utilise this concept of the habitable zone are massive underestimates of the potential of the universe to harbour life.

I'm still happy for them to send the, "please don't eat us," signal.

edit on 24/11/11 by Pimander because: (no reason given)

edit on 24/11/11 by Pimander because: (no reason given)

top topics

join