It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afghan woman's choice: 12 years in jail or marry her rapist and risk death

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Confusion42

Originally posted by targeting

Originally posted by WakeUpRiseUp
The bible actually asks for the same thing, so its not just islam.

(Deuteronomy 22:28-29 NLT) If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her.

You understand that only in Islamist nations does this happen.

It's the only religion where in this day and age such sickness happens.

It's almost like your saying, "Hey! But 2,000 years ago Christians did it so we can do it today"

The only difference between muslims and christians is that muslims actually listen to what their holy book tells them. The bible clearly says that this is right and that this is what should happen. If you are a christian then you advocate this and you have no right to talk.

If your condoning this, your a sick, sick person.

Yup, you muslims actually listen to your holy book and REGULARLY rape women and than stone them to death for being raped!

Thats what your book tells you to do so you do it.

I AM NOT RELIGIOUS, and I didn't mention Christianity anywhere. But if you are going to mention Christianity, Christian nations don't REGULARLY rape there women AND blame them!

They don't do it, period.

So you understand that nobody EXCEPT for Muslim nations have the audasicity to rape women AND blame em for it!

Sick!

edit on 22-11-2011 by Confusion42 because: (no reason given)

I don't condone it nor was I trying to justify it. I'm just sick of things like this being used for war propaganda and promoting Islamaphobia. Personally I believe that religion in general leads to things like this and you can't just blame it on the Muslims.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Was afghanistan not freed by the US few years back? How can this be happening?

Since it has already happened on other responses, note STRONG irony here.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jermicide
reply to post by WakeUpRiseUp

Yes well the whole raping thing comes down too translation now doesn't it? King James puts it this way "Deut. 22:28 If a man find a damsel that is a virgin, which is not betrothed, and lay hold on her, and lie with her, and they be found;

29Then the man that lay with her shall give unto the damsel's father fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife; because he hath humbled her, he may not put her away all his days."

Which matches very closely to Exodus 22 :16 "And if a man entice a maid that is not betrothed, and lie with her, he shall surely endow her to be his wife.

17If her father utterly refuse to give her unto him, he shall pay money according to the dowry of virgins."

Furthermore if you back up a few verses in Deut. 22 (read the whole chapter people not just verse by verse) you see this Deut. 22: 25 "But if a man find a betrothed damsel in the field, and the man force her, and lie with her: then the man only that lay with her shall die.

26But unto the damsel thou shalt do nothing; there is in the damsel no sin worthy of death: for as when a man riseth against his neighbour, and slayeth him, even so is this matter:"

This verse is the one that is actually speaking of rape, and as you can see the woman is by no means punished.

Christianity and Judaism by no means treat women the way Muslims do.

Do you realize Christianity didn't come into existence until the new testament was being written? Why do you mention all this old testament crap?

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by targeting

Yes, we can blame it on Muslims, but to be fair, more specifically sharia law. It's the only religion that still in this day and age is used to regularly treat woman as animals. Less than animals in fact.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   

(Deuteronomy 22:28-29 NLT) If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her.

You understand that only in Islamist nations does this happen.

It's the only religion where in this day and age such sickness happens.

It's almost like your saying, "Hey! But 2,000 years ago Christians did it so we can do it today"

The only difference between muslims and christians is that muslims actually listen to what their holy book tells them. The bible clearly says that this is right and that this is what should happen. If you are a christian then you advocate this and you have no right to talk.

If your condoning this, your a sick, sick person.

Yup, you muslims actually listen to your holy book and REGULARLY rape women and than stone them to death for being raped!

Thats what your book tells you to do so you do it.

I AM NOT RELIGIOUS, and I didn't mention Christianity anywhere. But if you are going to mention Christianity, Christian nations don't REGULARLY rape there women AND blame them!

They don't do it, period.

So you understand that nobody EXCEPT for Muslim nations have the audasicity to rape women AND blame em for it!

Sick!

I don't condone it nor was I trying to justify it. I'm just sick of things like this being used for war propaganda and promoting Islamaphobia. Personally I believe that religion in general leads to things like this and you can't just blame it on the Muslims.

It's only muslims that are doing this in muslim nations.

Why can't you guys just announce that

1- Men and woman shall be treated equally

Before that, you all must realize something:

The person doing the raping is the one that is to be punished.

If you all (the Islamic nations) all made this the law of the land, much of the world would gain some respect for you.

But alas, certain nations exist where the concept of having a law where women are equal to them, where the person committing a rape / crime is the one that is to be punished, cannot be done. And if you read the article, the prosecutor says there are many cases of this.

Disgusting

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   

reply to post by Confusion42

Read my earlier post. Treating women badly is not in the book. It's in the Muslim book yes, the the Bible no.
Another interestingly wrong thing that Islam practices is the rules on homosexuality. In Islamist countries if a man rapes another man, the man being raped is punished, because if he was not gay he wouldn't have let it happen?!?!? weird huh?

I guess the one doing the raping is simply having sex, so who could blame him right? But that other guy.... kill him.

Craziness.....

I apologize; I didn't mean to infer that treating women badly was in the Bible.

I'm not religious; The point I was trying to make (not to you, to those who attempt to justify treating women badly) is that only muslim's in muslim nations support treating women badly. There are MANY cases of it.

Any other religious group doesn't support treating women badly. And more importantly, no other nations support such behavior.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Your OP was going fine, and I was agreeing (the government in Afghanistan - and many other countries in the region - have some truly abbhorent practices when it comes to the treatment of women) until you posted this little gem:

Islamist Sharia Law is Unspeakably Evil

Which is really funny, because you keep going on about how you are not religious, and this has nothing to do with that.

NEWSFLASH: Read the article. There is no mention of "Islamist Sharia Law". There is no mention of Islam or muslims at all. It DOES, however, mention "Afghan law" and "Under Afghan law".
There is a good reason for this.

ISLAM DOESN'T REQUIRE SOMEONE TO MARRY THEIR RAPIST. People throughout this thread have been going on about "In their book" "in the Quran", etc. However, the ignorance is stunning: The Quran (or even the other Islamic scripture) asks no such thing.

Heck, you can tell it is Afghan law and not Islamic Law because as I'm sure you know, punishment for adultery in the Quran is whipping, not "12 years in prison".

Then you keep going on about how

It's only muslims that are doing this in muslim nations.

NEWSFLASH again: No. No, it is not. Happens in (christian) african countries. Happens in India. Happens in Burma. Happens all over.

And saying "Yeah, it is in the Bible, but that is OT stuff!" isn't really an excuse. What are you trying to say, that God was first really mean and evil, but then he became nice?

PS:

Another interestingly wrong thing that Islam practices is the rules on homosexuality. In Islamist countries if a man rapes another man, the man being raped is punished, because if he was not gay he wouldn't have let it happen?!?!? weird huh?

"Interestingly wrong" is a good expression to use here, considering that what you just said is total BS. There is absolutely no such command anywhere in the muslim scriptures (hell, the actual scriptures don't even mention a punishment for homosexuality, that is the Bible). But never mind that, there is absolutely no such law in place in any country ("Islamic" or otherwise) in the world.
Which makes me wonder, where in your feverish imagination did you come up with such a thing?
edit on 23-11-2011 by babloyi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
This brings me to another point, which I wanted to keep separate from the other stuff I said, so I did it in a separate post.

IF YOU ARE GOING TO MAKE GENERALISING STATEMENTS ABOUT AN ENTIRE GROUP OF PEOPLE, YOU SHOULD MAKE SURE IT IS APPLICABLE TO THAT ENTIRE GROUP OF PEOPLE.

See, being a muslim means believing in God and in Muhammad's message. More generally, it would be defined by believing in the muslim scriptures.

Being a christian would (generally) mean believing in God and Jesus as the Son of God. More generally, it would mean believing in the Bible.

Of course, there could be varying interpretations of how these texts are taken, but in general, they are what DEFINE being of those faiths. So when someone makes a statement about the followers of those faiths, it should generally be backed up by those texts, otherwise it would make no sense.

So if I said something like "Christians are obese, because they eat too much!", it would be stupid, because while there may be many people who are christian, who also happen to eat too much, and are therefore obese, being obese doesn't come under the definition of being christian- there is nothing in their scriptures. Also, you'll notice there are christians who are starving, who get no food. You'll also notice that there are non-christians who eat too much, and are also obese.
So unless all christians everywhere get together secretly and make a pact to eat too much, that statement doesn't make sense. The ONLY common thing between Christians is their scripture and the beliefs they derive off them. That is what defines them as being "Christian" as a group, and the (different interpretations they derive off these scriptures) is what divides the entirety of "Christianity" into more sub-groups.

Another example: "Christians are rich". It can again be seen to be false, because the definition of being Christian doesn't include anything about money (in fact, one could say that the Bible has stuff AGAINST it).

So now coming to the meat of my point, the controversial bit.
When you say something like "muslims regularly rape their women" or "only muslim nations practice such atrocities" or "muslims stone people for being raped" or "islamist nations rape women and then blame them for it", you are not only wrong (none of those statements are true), you are also grossly overgeneralising, and practising bigotry, because THE DEFINITION OF BEING MUSLIM, OR FOLLOWING ISLAM, has none of those things in it (Islamic scriptures neither advocate, suggest or condone any of these things).

And if you say "Yeah, okay, maybe it isn't in their holy books, but it is still muslims who are doing that!", think about what you are saying...it makes no sense. Are you suggesting that muslims as a group (those people who follow the Islamic scriptures) are simultaneously somehow ALSO intrinsically linked in that they are subhuman rapists or something? How does that work? Because then you are entering the realm of racism and even MORE bigotry.

So yeah...battling bigotry and generalising statements ftw!

But yeah, everyone can get back to the Islam-bashing now. Never mind me!

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Yeah but the Christians at least have to pay the father 50 bucks so with inflation 50 bucks in 800bc comes out to over 2 million making rape the most expensive crime in the world

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Sick f****.

And they wonder why people dont respect them.

MOVE INTO THE MODERN AGE....WHERE PEOPLE TRY TO TREAT EACH OTHER RIGHT!

-Backwards ass low-lives.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by WakeUpRiseUp

But Jesus's crucifixion put an end to the law where if you were guilty of one thing you were guilty of all -when we acccept Christ we are no longer bound by the law as Jesus paid for our sins already. So that isnt required now

top topics

<< 1   >>

join