It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could the earth have changed it's polarity in 9792 B.C.?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
this is my first real thread so don’t bash me too bad guys…
I was searching for information on Egyptians predicting 2012 and got sidetracked with this… (easy to do on the net)
But anyhow, I found it quite fascinating and I have never heard of this.
Did a search on ATS but nothing seemed directed this way….
I tried to do a bit of homework and supply posts and links, I am interested in what you professional ATS’ers have to say about this.

Firstly, I never heard that the earth could have changed it’s rotation previously.

…Chapter 17 of The Egyptian Book of the Dead makes reference to two critical events that you need to be made aware of. An astronomical sign appeared to the Egyptians in the year 9792B.C., that caused them great concern. The celestial event was the the retrograde motion of the planet Venus through the constellation Orion. What is important to note is that there are only two dates when Venus will be in retrograde through Orion while the earth’s pole precession is the same; 9792B.C and 2012A.D

Slosman's translation of Chapter 17 of the Book of the Dead implies that the Earth has previously undergone some kind of pole-shift which caused the "sun to rise at a new horizon", and that Osiris, who was represented in the sky by the Orion constellation, had something to do with it. This could have been via an axis shift, crustal displacement, or a change in the direction of rotation. Slosman also gives "an intermediate note" that this event - the Great Cataclysm - happened on July 27th in the year 9792 BC

Simply put, the earth reversed it’s rotation. The poles actually reversed? According to the author, this event actually took a period of 11,340 years.

Orion had incredible significance for the Egyptians in that Orion represented Osiris in the sky. During 9792B.C. and with Venus in retrograde, an “event” occurred that caused “… the sun to rise at a new horizon.” Disturbingly, the text goes on to say that “The sun moved from his wonted course, twice rising where it now sets and twice setting where it now rises.” , and “The Old Lion turned around

The Sun was reborn from a new horizon, as the Earth came to a stand-still in its axial rotation, and began to rotate in the opposite direction. From this point on, the precession of the equinoxes were reversed, so that the equinox sun slowly precessed back out of Leo into Cancer.. …the cataclysm will be caused by a major magnetic reversal on the Sun, that reverses the earth's magnetic poles, and they also … repeat from The Mystery of the Crystal Skulls … "just before sunset, Central American time, 21-22* December 2012"

I find the mention of the infamous Crystal Skulls interesting.
Furthermore, the author (of the second link) goes on to debunk the previous writers mathematics

… who based it around his discovery that the Birth of Venus occurred in the same symbolic way, on 12 August 3114 BC, at the start of the current 13-Baktun cycle . However, John Major Jenkins checked and double-checked Gilbert's claims and found Gilbert had made a mistake. He then interviewed him, but Gilbert had no explanation . In the same interview, regarding the observation that the complex mathematics and graphs in The Mayan Prophecies do not actually explain the end of the 13-Baktun cycle in 2012

So could this really be possible? Could the earth have actually have changed it’s rotation in the past (albeit 11,000+ years ago) due to the alignment of the stars and the gravitational pull of them? and could it possibly happen again?
I have heard of course that many people mention the polarity shift/reversal in their predictions of the doom of 2012, but always brushed it off as just too fantastic.
So let me have it, what do you think of this?

sources:
link1

link 2

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
For the Earth to change its rotation that would require a very large braking force. That much force would rip the planet apart. Now even if it did stop the force need to start it back up the other way would rip it apart was well. To change rotation with the planet to remain in one piece would take a long time. Then once it got stopped it would take just as long to get started up again. I just do not see how it could happen.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by fixer1967
For the Earth to change its rotation that would require a very large braking force. That much force would rip the planet apart. Now even if it did stop the force need to start it back up the other way would rip it apart was well. To change rotation with the planet to remain in one piece would take a long time. Then once it got stopped it would take just as long to get started up again. I just do not see how it could happen.

well according to that author it took 11,340 years.
which just confuses the heck out of me.
actually I just did the math, my bad for just guessing before.
So right now it's been 11,803 years since it happened before?

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by horseplay

Rock evidence on the sea floor suggests that the magnetic poles have switched a few times over the past many many years. But for the Earth to change its direction of rotation?
Impossible.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

So what would happen if the poles reversed?
aside from I think modern technology as we know it taking a dive.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Reminded me of this from childhood Sunday School...

The sun stopped in the middle of the sky and delayed going down about a full day.

Link
Now, whether you believe the Bible literally, as a collection of myths/fictional tales, or believe it to be too tampered with throughout history to be taken seriously at all... try to at least view it with some respect and do no 'throw out the baby with the bathwater' as they say. SOMEONE wrote passages down, divinely-inspired or not, and even if it includes fiction, remember there is such a thing as 'historical fiction.' Pieces of the past, woven into myth at the very least, no?

That said, I found this particular passage relevant to your discussion. Would it not 'stand still' before it began to rise and set differently? And if it did, would a devout people not view this as the work of their God?

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   

But for the Earth to change its direction of rotation?
Impossible.

Not necessarily.

[color=30FFE3]"Everything is theoretically impossible, until it is done."

[color=24BDA8]~Robert A. Heinlein~

So what would happen if the poles reversed?
aside from I think modern technology as we know it taking a dive.

Not only technology, but wildlife would also be affected.
Many animals use the Earth's magnetic field as a sort of guide.

Such as→ 'Flying south for the winter'
...but that is just one example.

edit on 11/22/11 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6

Rock evidence on the sea floor suggests that the magnetic poles have switched a few times over the past many many years. But for the Earth to change its direction of rotation?Impossible.

As a previous poster mentioned, for the earth to stop and change rotational direction it would require immense forces that would probably tear the planet apart if performed over a short period of time. However, the earth could change rotational direction as viewed by an observer off planet if, the poles were to physically flip while the rotation remained constant. That would produce a sun that rises in the west and sets in the east. And if you don't believe me, spin a ball and turn it upside down.

Now the real problem is what could cause a physical inversion of the planet, which I can only imagine would be an extremely powerful magnetic field, since it is unlikely that the gravitational field of a passing planet could change our rotational orientation. So, if the sun sent out a dense and large plasma cloud from a solar flare that contained a sufficiently strong magnetic field of opposing orientation to earth's, it is possible we could be physically flipped without losing much rotational speed and then the sun would rise in the west.

That would be a helluva ride to be sure!

Cheers - Dave
edit on 11/23.2011 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
with what is known about gravity it seems entirely probable that a process we are unfamliar with would be responsible for flipping the poles, now physically the planet would not stop and it would rotate into its new position over an undetermined period of time just like everything else on the planet ( mountains for example ) furthermore i cannot see the earths magnetic field holding up for millions of years without some kind of help, one possibility being that after thousands of years of being battered by the sun and other extragalactic radiation the magnetic poles could go topsey turvey so as to be heads where tails should be. but again so little is definitivily proven on the subject ( save some academics who would love their research to be accepted as truth ) that all we can do is watch, record, recap and pray to whomever you see fit in between. remember the universe is physically out to get us.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Scary stuff. I also read that the Egyptians wrote about the sun rising/setting in the opposite directions, but the fact that they wrote about it and lived through it gives me hope.
Que Phage in 5..4..3..2..

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   

As a previous poster mentioned, for the earth to stop and change rotational direction it would require immense forces that would probably tear the planet apart if performed over a short period of time. However, the earth could change rotational direction as viewed by an observer off planet if, the poles were to physically flip while the rotation remained constant. That would produce a sun that rises in the west and sets in the east. And if you don't believe me, spin a ball and turn it upside down. Now the real problem is what could cause a physical inversion of the planet, which I can only imagine would be an extremely powerful magnetic field, since it is unlikely that the gravitational field of a passing planet could change our rotational orientation. So, if the sun sent out a dense and large plasma cloud from a solar flare that contained a sufficiently strong magnetic field of opposing orientation to earth's, it is possible we could be physically flipped without losing much rotational speed and then the sun would rise in the west. That would be a helluva ride to be sure!

From everything I have read so far , it seems the reversal of the poles is independent to the sun.
Experiments on computer simulations found they reversed/flipped spontaneously.

Link

Heres a link to The Geodynamo
edit on 23-11-2011 by jewells because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-11-2011 by jewells because: damned if I can get quotes right!!

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I think you would be very interested in resident ATS expert Scott Creighton's thread:

Great Pyramid Tells Us of Earth's Tilt in 10,500 BC

This is a great thread. Scott has provided power point presentations to back up his theories and is also writing a book on it.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by new_here

hey, I'm open minded. Not super religious but open minded.
I like the way you worded that, very well put. Most certainly devout people witnessing such a thing would assume it was the work of their God.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Darn it I spent forever making a really cool reply post about all of the above then I accidently closed the browser.
So I'll keep it short and sweet.

thank you new_here,, nice wordage.
thank you jewells for the awesome link ! it actually took some of my paranoia away...
if the poles reverse it will 'be a helluva ride' but I think us smart and strong people will survive just fine.
there is a ton of evidence in that link to support that it has happened in the past alot actually, it's a natural thing Mother Earth just has to do I guess. We'll just have to see what happens.
and thank you Julie, I remember reading his thread a while back and thinking 'man this guy is good'. (probably when I was still a lurker). very interesting presentation for sure.

well I feel better now. the poles switching could happen but the earth changing direction literally, it doesn't seem very likely. I like the analogies you guys come up with and you all have a great way with words. thanks....

I'll keep my woodpile and ammunition stacked just in case.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
People seem to be getting the pole issue confused.

If the poles flip or reverse, it doesn't mean Antarctica will be up north suddenly.

It means the magnetic poles would flip. As in the compass would point south instead of north...

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

correct, I'm with you. Sorry if I worded my stuff wrong.
North would be south, south would be north.
But the Earth would remain in the same rotation, direction, etc.
birds would migrate the other way once they figured it out (if they survived).
I wonder if streams and rivers might change direction?

Surely our modern technology would go down for a while.
especially here in America people would freak, if it happened in the winter alot would die because their homes simply aren't set up for any kind of lengthy power/water outage.
Us country folk are very familiar with power outages.
The only worry I have is being a 49 yo widow living alone. Sure I'm armed, I'm stocked, I have a wood stove, a source of water, even equine transportation if I need it. But would I make it?
Would I want to?

edit on 23-11-2011 by horseplay because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
The final sign of the "end times" in the Muslim faith is that the sun rises from the west. in other words, a pole shift. The world isn't said to end...humanity keeps living. But it is the final sign....all of the other signs have already come to pass.
I'm not a muslim or a christian, but I think it's possible that they knew certain things...like another Jupiter sized planet with a long elliptical orbit. Every religion seems to hint at this. Every religion has a story of a great flood...which would be caused by such a planet.

This is some interesting info, op. Is it true that Venus hasn't gone retrograde through Orion since 9792 BC? I'm not saying you or your source is lying...but it is one of the few things in your post that is pretty easy to fact check.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Julie Washington

Thanks for the reminder of Scott's thread.

I just posted on comment on that thread that would could apply to this one. I believe some major event happened in the solar system that caused Uranus to fall over on its side.

My new post on ATS thread “Great Pyramid Tells of Earth Tilt c. 10,500BC”

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
This is some interesting info, op. Is it true that Venus hasn't gone retrograde through Orion since 9792 BC? I'm not saying you or your source is lying...but it is one of the few things in your post that is pretty easy to fact check.

I'm still digging. Even my 'source' throws out doubts and debunks findings.
I've been searching other sites looking for consistent data, it's very time consuming but I'm into it.

The original source I quoted stated

this means that between 1924 and 2012 there are 12 retrograde loops of Venus above Orion.

BUT this doesn't mean there are polarity shifts every time this happens. (0bviously or this would just be a regular/normal occurance)

the polarity shift in 9792BC and the potential 2012 has something to do with:

The loop in 2012 was at first thought by the authors of The Orion Prophecy to be the same as the 9792 BC loop, (p.137-138), then they realized that in 2012, the loop appeared to the right of Orion, while in 9792 BC, it had appeared to the left of Orion:

So there is definately something to this Venus/Orion Correlation I just need to dig deeper to understand it better.
I'll keep researching....
I have to let the turkey dopamines wear off right now.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by lostinspace

thank you lostinspace, I do recall reading in the Egyptian history that the earth's axis shifted at approximately the same time of what they called the 'earth reversed it's rotation', which I now pretty firmly believe really meant was a polar shift.
Of course we recently shifted a little after the earthquake of Haiti, so axis shifts are not out of the question.

I'm going to go through Scott's info and keep looking too, thanks

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join