It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's your outlook on our future as humans?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Hi ATS, here's my first thread - not sure if I'm in the right subforum for this specific topic.

I'm 23. I'm starting to really worry about my future, most things I expected of life as a kid aren't true or realistic anymore. Is it right to have kids in todays time when you look at all the change going on, disasters, the ever contracting control on your life by the corporations? Should we simply close our eyes and move on like everything is normal?

If I get to 65, we will be in 2053. We won't have oil anymore, water will be a more than a problem and I'll stop right here because I don't see much going on for 2053 on Earth. That's me, what about my children & grandchildren?

Should I go get an education and go for a better job or just learn to be happy with the nothing that I have? Funny questions pop into my head all the time, your outlook on life affects your everyday decisions.

Then I see my friends, my family, living their happy lives, regardless of what's happening and I really wish I could do that but I can't, it affects me.

So how many years do you give us before everything resets to a new dawn?

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
"What's your outlook on our future as humans?"

Death.....And lots of it...

As for how many years we have? Only God knows. But if we are lucky maybe we will get an asteroid strike or something. That way we didn't have to kill our selves...That at least is a little more dignifying.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
DDDDOUBLE PPPPOST...my bad
edit on 22-11-2011 by snowen20 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
The future is what you make of it, the future is yours. It's everyone elses futures that you should worry about. If you believe your future is inevitably bad it will be but, lets hope you believe it to be good.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
nobody knows what tomorrow will bring..
life is meant to be lived - live it ..
dont be afraid to work and keep learning... do what you can to help make the world a better place along the way..

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
The problem with any reset and new dawn is that, while it will initially solve many of the world's problems,mainly economic and political, and provide a period of peace, it will usher in a world government and totalitarian regime. I hold a biblical view of the future and if it really concerns you a lot, can I suggest you explore the outlook of the future for humanity in light of Christian eschatology?

For your consideration only, I post the following link to a forum where such topics citing current world events are discussed:

rr-bb.com...

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrMaybeNot
If I get to 65, we will be in 2053. We won't have oil anymore, water will be a more than a problem and I'll stop right here because I don't see much going on for 2053 on Earth.

That's what a nuclear holocaust is for, silly!

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I wonder what all these technological,enviromental and social forces will turn us into, we're still evolving ! I remain hopeful that we'll sort things out eventually and reach a plateau of stability. Nothing last forever and we'll eventually be replaced by our descendants who've evolved to the be more adapted to fit into the world we make. The only constant is change. I may be dellusionally optimistic.

edit on 22-11-2011 by Hopeforeveryone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrMaybeNot
Hi ATS, here's my first thread - not sure if I'm in the right subforum for this specific topic.

I'm 23. I'm starting to really worry about my future, most things I expected of life as a kid aren't true or realistic anymore. Is it right to have kids in todays time when you look at all the change going on, disasters, the ever contracting control on your life by the corporations? Should we simply close our eyes and move on like everything is normal?

If I get to 65, we will be in 2053. We won't have oil anymore, water will be a more than a problem and I'll stop right here because I don't see much going on for 2053 on Earth. That's me, what about my children & grandchildren?

Should I go get an education and go for a better job or just learn to be happy with the nothing that I have? Funny questions pop into my head all the time, your outlook on life affects your everyday decisions.

Then I see my friends, my family, living their happy lives, regardless of what's happening and I really wish I could do that but I can't, it affects me.

So how many years do you give us before everything resets to a new dawn?

Sometimes you just have to sit back and remember that life is just a ride. That's all it is. Everyone has a conscious which is what I call an individual consciousness. But there is also a universal consciousness which connects everyone and everything. This consciousness is not bound to what we humans know as time. Time is really made up of two parts when we see it. One part is the time that we perceive. You can think about a star that is 100,000 light years away. From Earth when you look at it, you are literally looking at that star as it looked 100,000 years ago. Then lets say you got on a spacecraft and started heading towards the star at 10,000x light speed. Looking through the windshield at the star, it would look as if time is speeding up. As you approached the star, you would see it age 100,000 years in 10 years of travel. This is your perception of time. But in reality time is still going the same for everything else back on Earth. And the same with the entire universe. This is general time. General time is something that goes at a steady rate, while we perceive it as something that is constantly changing. Getting back to my point, for whatever reason your individual consciousness chose this dimension, which is located in this section of general time zone we're heading down right now, and decided to tie itself to your physical body, which is bound to general time, and forced to perceive it through our senses. But when we die, our consciousness doesn't. This body is only a vehicle, and our individual consciousness will last throughout the eternity of time.

You can think of it this way. There are many things mirrored through our universe. One such example is that the one of the smallest units we know of is the atom. Which has electrons orbiting around protons and neutrons. This is mirrored in the planets orbiting around the sun. And there are many other things that you can apply this concept to and come up with many examples. I like this one: Our consciousness can be thought of as a rain drop. When it rains over a river, you might notice that when the drops hit the river they bounce over the surface for a split second and falls in. When the drop leaves the cloud we are born, when the drop hits the water we die, the bouncing can be thought of as the transition phase into the universal consciousness, the river. The river then flows into the ocean where it is then evaporated back up into the cloud.

Don't be so worrisome about the future. Just have a good time with the life that you have, the experience you can get

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by MrMaybeNot

I went through the same sort of thing when I was your age. I can't say I'm totally better now (I come to this site, so I'm obviously still looking for something), but I can say that I finally got to a point where I can enjoy life.

But at the same time I don't have a lot of hope for the future. I'm going to be a father soon and I'm really worried about what the future holds.

My biggest fear is a trade war with China... and I think it's less than 5 years away. I would actually like to see a one world currency that would force China to play fair, but I don't trust who would oversee it.

In general I think it is a fallacy that we have globalized companies with global influences (both influencing and influenced by global news/interests) yet we try to play by different rules in different parts of the world. It will come undone (and it needs to).

I guess I just wanted to say that you have to plan for success and deal with the bad as it comes.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I think that the last human to walk the Earth may have already been born. At the rate we are going the human race could be gone in as little are 100 years. Of all the species that have went extinct on the planet we humans will be the first and only species that will cause it own extinction.

The human race is on the endanger species list and does not not know it

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Sad very very Sad!
Nothing will happen...

we just go on like we are now...
sounds like hell...

I pray for an alien invation
or astroid, Big earth quake and volcano,
west USA.

how many of you could take it
if it just carries on like this?
you would die inside or commit suicide.

ATS is a becon of hope.
what if there is NO TPTB or THEM.
just ideots running things.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Thanks for all the replies. Will get through them ASAP

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
To answer your question in one word, "bleak." Our population, as a species, is growing rapidly—and that would be an understatement, relative to our recorded history on planet Earth. There are countless internal conflicts around the world as we speak: most, that involve at least a thousand or so casualties, go unnoticed... and stay unnoticed. This planet will soon deplete in resources and the concept of a society will change forever more, and what for?

Surely, if our species as a whole were smart enough, we would figure out solutions, avoid self-fulfilling prophecies, and still expand to the cosmos and the beyond. Right now, even though we still have functional political institutions and nominal democracy, I still believe that this world will suffer a cataclysm soon enough—one sparked by our own species. I don't know: maybe I'm just pessimistic; maybe I'm just realistic.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Lookatthat

As said in "Pirate Jet" by Gorillaz:

It's all good news now
Because we left the taps running
For a hundred years
So drink into the drink

A plastic cup of drink
Drink with a couple
Of people
The plastic creating people