It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

##Members Please Read##: Ending the Political Trolling

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 03:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Indeed.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Just ban the left wing idiots who seek to do nothing but incite. It pisses me off you want to silence the right for responding to the BS rhetoric the left wing idiots come here to spout and incite.

edit on 29-4-2017 by Outlier13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Outlier13

Just ban the left wing idiots who seek to do nothing but incite. It pisses me off you want to silence the right for responding to the BS rhetoric the left wing idiots come here to spout and incite.

You're so deep in your own bubble I don't think there is anything that will help people like you. It's just not possible. But do you even see you're own bias at all??

I mean, you have to see it, right??? I just don't believe that anyone can honestly be so completely one sided as to think it's always the other side that is wrong and never their side. It's not possible is it??? To honestly hold that perspective as a thinking human being???

Maybe it is possible. Denial is very powerful and the mind can block out memories, past experiences or just about anything as a means of protecting itself, so I guess it's possible. Have you ever considered that???

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

originally posted by: Outlier13

You're so deep in your own bubble I don't think there is anything that will help people like you. It's just not possible. But do you even see you're own bias at all??

I mean, you have to see it, right??? I just don't believe that anyone can honestly be so completely one sided as to think it's always the other side that is wrong and never their side. It's not possible is it??? To honestly hold that perspective as a thinking human being???

Maybe it is possible. Denial is very powerful and the mind can block out memories, past experiences or just about anything as a means of protecting itself, so I guess it's possible. Have you ever considered that???

Yeah dude. My post was intentionally meant to be ironic. Sorry you couldn't catch that especially given the MASSIVE hypocrisy of the fascist left in today's MSM. This site has taken a massive nose dive over the years.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Outlier13

That's just it though. What exactly is ironic now???

Because what you wrote I've seen others say a hundred times and mean it.

What you consider obvious sarcasm or irony is so typical now on these boards it's impossible to tell anymore.

Not sure what your point of pointing out hypocrisy on the left for. I'm not claiming it's one sided at all. But I agree this site has lost any sense of balance over the years.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

This site is just a microcosm of the world at large.

The world isn't "balanced".

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Persoanlly I'm a advocate of everyone just getting along and being peace with eachother.

But to do that we got to back the Commander in chief 100% and stop being obstructionist.

Agreed? Good. Then lets all be friends.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

This site is just a microcosm of the world at large.

The world isn't "balanced".

Well, not exactly. In some ways I guess, but that's assuming that a wide variety of people come here and post that represent a true reflection of the whole populace. I don't think it's really all that accurate. There are many perspectives that aren't represented here. Not everyone is into conspiracies or politics or some of the material that is discussed here so they aren't represented.

Plus there are some members who dominate the boards with their opinions far more than others. Then there are the trolls and shills who complicate it even more. Trying to actually figure out how accurate the opinions on here really represent the whole would be very difficult I think.

Not saying that the world is balanced either. Just that I don't know how accurately you can say that ATS is a microcosm of the real world.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 12:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: FuggleHop

Persoanlly I'm a advocate of everyone just getting along and being peace with eachother.

But to do that we got to back the Commander in chief 100% and stop being obstructionist.

No, not agreed. This isn't the military and we don't have to back the Commander and Chief 100%. We are required to follow the law and the constitution, but that's pretty much it.

Questioning authority should be encouraged to promote free thinking and an empowered populace who are able to think for themselves.

We are first free people before anything else, unless you are a soldier which are under the command of someone else. Free people aren't required to fall in line with anyone 100% if they don't want to. That's why they are FREE People.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 12:50 AM
link   

The problem is that freedom is a privlige that people can't handle.

With that fact agreed upon, let's do what we're told and quit trying to be invididualistic.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 12:53 AM
link   

HELLO KETTLE!
Yeah all one needs to do is learn history,civics and HOW the military functions.
EASY and bias is something you're used to isn't it?
HOWEVER You aren't FREE here,I KNOW I was temp banned a couple months ( apparently the system locks up)
IF a mod wants you off ,you're off.
edit on 30-4-2017 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-4-2017 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: FuggleHop

This is why I find talking to you so funny sometimes. I can't ever tell if you're being serious or not from what you say.

I assume you're speaking tongue in cheek because no rational person would ever say that and mean it.

As a natural born creature of earth you are not under the dominion of anyone else. In America at least, natural born persons are sovereign. You weren't built by someone else so you're not anyone's property. That's what the constitution considers a natural right which it is supposed to protect. Natural rights come with being a natural born person. That's the point.

It's as much or more psychological and philosophical as it is physical.

So we aren't in agreement at all. But you are free to follow orders all you want. That is your choice. But you can't expect others to join you because they get their choice too.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 01:10 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Freedom does have consequences. You were free to say whatever you said, but it had the consequence of getting you kicked out for a while. I've had the same happen to me too.

ATS isn't a public space though either. We are only allowed to speak here if we follow their rules. They can ban or censor whatever they want.

We are free to go somewhere else though.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Your telling me you think that its all hunky and dorey that people can stay out at all hours of the night driving cars and doing whatever they feel like it without any kinds of checks and ballances? Thats whats so wrong with society today and why are prison cells are so full of prisoners and criminals. Because people cant handle the libberty thats been forced down there throats because of ancient parchments like the constitution.

Personally I think its time to admit that this whole liberty thing was a fialure. A grand fialure.

Jon Adams and his cronies may have had good intentions but its all gone to pot. So heres the way to fix American society now that we have someone willing and cappable in office: Curfews, chips in cars, reguar surveilance, closure of "educational" institutions, an immediate cesation of advertising and the prohibition of subverssive "art". And please mandatory military service.

Thats the only way I can think of to fix America the way it should be fixed.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 01:50 AM
link   

What do you mean no checks and balances?? There are tons of checks and balances everywhere. Not everyone is out running around having a good time. Some are out at night working too.

We don't really have that much liberty to do what we want at all. As soon as you step out the door of your house you're being watched and regulated in a million ways.

Even inside your own home the same is happening only you're allowed to act a bit more independently.

People can't handle freedom or being liberated because actual freedom is a myth in many ways. When you're constantly being policed you no longer take responsibility for yourself because someone else is doing it for you.

We're so crowded together now that I doubt any kind of actual free living is possible for most people. You'd have to move away from people to even know what freedom is like and what being responsible for yourself feels like.

The world we live in is a big fat lie within lies. It's a poorly written fairy tale we all play along with because that what everyone else is doing too.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Or its a big ginger bread house and the ants have gotten inside.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 01:59 AM
link   

I think it's always been this way. Although I read once about there being a society that literally lived in a fairly advanced civilized society that was free from internal conflict. If I remember correctly what knowledge we have of them that was recorded was that they lived together in a modern civilized setting without war of any kind or anything for a very long time. They're culture wasn't authoritarian either. It was very peaceful and utopian like too.

However, because they new nothing of conflict they were pretty much wiped out immediately once another culture of people familiar with conflict discovered them. They had no knowledge of how to defend themselves or anything which made them easy prey.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Outlier13

That's a very empty/half empty way to look at it.

Being the somewhat centrist that I am, I've noticed a goodly portion of the instigation coming from the right, as well as the left. This very post of yours as an example of that, and the follow up responses to it.

It takes two to have a wrangle.

...and frankly wrangling is much of the reason for this place. As long as its done politely, every where except that Mudpit place, y'all can, and are supposed to, wrangle all day long.

The left instigates. Yep. The right instigates. Yep. Centrists instigate...nope, we're pure as the driven snow.

Banning everyone whose political persuasions don't match yours would make for a very boring on-line experience to my mind. Echo chambers are boring.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Ok if someone actually wants to talk about something. Maybe at least agree on definition of terms like they do in real debate.

What dude is talking about is a craft of dishonest slant, things out of context, hype, ect....Not say economics Smith vs Galbraith debate. Now thats not going to be interesting to shooters and trolls so we have the mud pit which it just toss and stick hopes and drive by commentary.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: FuggleHop

Well, go back in time and tell the GOP that about President Obama.

Good luck.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join