It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OWS Website Bans Alex Jones

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by OneManArmy
Any organisation that seeks to prevent free discourse over any subject by censoring the free discussion is not in the best interests of mankind, is it not?
Free speech is about allowing the thoughts of everyone to get a platform, even those you disagree with. Its obvious to me that the OWS movement has been taken over by the same people it fights against.
Anyone that knows their history, especially the rothschilds, knows that they somehow they always get to control all sides of a conflict so that they maintain control whoever comes out the victor.

Any organization with a common goal is bound to have borders. If you still don't understand this. You can say that a organization defines itself by that what it censors.

The OWS movement is a large collective of different types of people, many them of well educated people. Why should they associate themselves with Jones?

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by boaby_phet

Originally posted by Miraj
reply to post by seabag

Alex Jones hasn't been spreading the truth for 18 years.
He's been making money off your paranoia for 18 years.

to add to that he is also a massive shill with a hidden agenda , Alex jones is NEVER ... and i repeat NEVER to be trusted, he is the god of dis information and mis direction!

I feel I have to say that not a single member of the truth movement or whistleblower is to be trusted, you take the information on board and with a critical mind, process the information and try to decode the truth from the lies. Nearly every "truth" movie I have seen contains disinfo, either intentionally or not so. They are just the messengers, dont shoot the messenger, only the information they present if it proves to be false.
Now if it comes to light that a particular "truther" consistently provides disinfo, or has links to a dubious organisation then yeah look upon them with more suspicion, and be more vigilant in processing the info they put forward. At the end of the day its all information, to be processed and critically examined. EVERY TRUTHER MUST BE A CRITIC first and foremost. Examine with an open mind and eventually the truth will out and it will set you free as a result. The big picture eventually becomes clear and we as human beings become more enlightened and equipt to deal with the disinfo and blatant lies we are fed on a daily basis.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by dadgad

As long as I know what Im dealing with, what harm is there? I listen to AJ and coast to coast while playing call of duty. Helps me unwind
Anyhow, I agree with you about AJ. His rants and ridiculous voices are a bit too heavy sometimes though.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Good on occupy wall street. They've already been smeared in the media as left-wing radicals who essentially want to rob the rich blind and take all the money for themselves. The last thing they want to be is associated with raving lunatics like Jones who rake in tons of money while ranting about how the one world government is right around the corner any second now. Like you said AJ has been ranting about this for more than a decade and yet I've yet to be rounded up into a FEMA camp, or get sick from a vaccination or have the government beat my door down to arrest me or accost me in anyway.

What the Occupy movement needs is calm rational voices that make legitimate concerns known. Not paranoid delusional voices that scream angrily through bull horns.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by dadgad
Alex Jones is by all means one the greater frauds and fearmongers around. He and his team of monkeys will pick any article the mainstream media publishes and twist and turn it in such ways that it will support their world view. A bunch of lame ass fake journalists/propagandists that's what they are. That goofball actually had an interview with Chomsky. He dismissed him as a new world order agent for his stance of firearms. Chomsky, the most outspoken critic, how far down are you then. His paranoia literally has no boundaries. Day in day day out he is sitting there in his little chamber telling his viewers how total tyranny will come and destroy their lives very soon.

Jones needs mental treatment. He's a megalomaniac who deems himself some kind of saviour.

I once spend an entire month listening to him on a daily basis. It literally drove me nuts in the end. I'm glad I managed to see through him. The only thing he drives on is your fear. Nothing else. In his world there is no room for free thought, objectivity or facts.
edit on 22-11-2011 by dadgad because: (no reason given)

That interview with Chomsky was disgusting and it shows Alex Jones to be a revolting, nasty, uneducated and aggressive. Chomsky corrected Jones on an error he made -- Which Jones still doesn't accept, which therefore makes him a liar -- so Alex Jones waits for the interview to end and attacks him with insults and slander

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Ok?.. I had made a thread about Alex jones and maybe I got a little hateful in that post... However, I firmly believe that Alex jones is a Zionist supporter. He has been on mainstream news countless times. Let me ask you, what really happens to the people that really know and speak the truth of the NWO? TKe for instance William Cooper... A great American patriot whom firmly believed in a restoration not a revolution a restorAtion of a constitutional republic. Alex jones went on mainstream media claiming that he was the very first to claim that a event like 9/11 would take place and that Osama bin laden would be used as a patsy on July 28th of 2001. Go to YouTube and watch the video Alex jones didn't predict 9/11, William Cooper did. Alex jones is a fearmongering disinformationist sensationalist as bill Cooper states it, he is also a liar. Alex jones uses fear to hype up the people to situations that aren't even real. Sure he exposes certain subjects, but whT is occult you ask, it's hidden in plain sight. He is clearly agent financed to do what he does. He popped on the scene because of his so called prediction. He is a bullsh1t artist plain and simple. Look into Alex jones exposed. Do your research on this guy otherwise you are just a sheeple following the heard.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Any organisation that seeks to prevent free discourse over any subject by censoring the free discussion is not in the best interests of mankind, is it not?
Free speech is about allowing the thoughts of everyone to get a platform, even those you disagree with. Its obvious to me that the OWS movement has been taken over by the same people it fights against.
Anyone that knows their history, especially the rothschilds, knows that they somehow they always get to control all sides of a conflict so that they maintain control whoever comes out the victor.

Any organization with a common goal is bound to have borders. If you still don't understand this. You can say that a organization defines itself by that what it censors.

The OWS movement is a large collective of different types of people, many them of well educated people. Why should they associate themselves with Jones?

Im not a supporter of Alex Jones, I started to see through his profit making fear mongering a while ago, but I am very much a supporter of free speech. I learned a lot from Alex Jones as I did from David Icke, do I think they have agendas, very much so, but if they never had the platform of free speech they have I would never have started to find out the truth for myself. Do I think the OWS has an agenda?, yes very much so, their setting of these "boundaries" defines their agenda. Do I blame them for disassociating themselves from Jones, of course not. But I disagree with the compartmentalisation and block on free speech. This doesnt mean I dont understand it.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I never thought I'd say this but i'm with you on this one !!!!!!!!!

Your vid on page 2 is what did it.
edit on 22-11-2011 by MrEcho because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Click here for a REALITY CHECK

Lol, I haven't hardly visited much less posted on above top secret in nearly a year... I grew up and realized that 3/4 of the active users on here don't know a lick of what they speak of, much less half the threads populating this site are propagated by trolls... With that said, hurray they banned Alex Jones!

All of his supporters are usually people that have been following him for a relatively short time, and those who speak against him are likely people that followed him in the passed.

The Bottom Line

Alex Jones is a Hack, he's a Shill

Get over it, stop defending him like a biblical god. He doesn't wake anyone up, he just takes popular concepts and blows them out of proportion.

If you wanted popularity, fame and money as a talk show radio host, how would you do it? That's right, you would take popular concepts and repeat them so people will take notice. Why do we need Alex Jones to tell us what's right? He's been wrong in the passed, he takes credit for predicting 9/11, which is a crock of #%^$. Hell even as recently as the 'swine flu' pandemic he made an ass of himself. If he was honest, he wouldn't be yelling over in-callers to his show who speak against him, or attempt to hi-jack protests like he's done in the passed.

He's no hero.

Need proof? Check out his sources next time. The majority of his sources are to his own websites, or little known websites with ridiculous articles that misquote or NEVER offer a real source for their information. Get over yourselves. You don't need a hero to think for you.

Mbaahhhh I'm a sheep.
edit on 22-11-2011 by Scarcer because: Add the link

edit on 22-11-2011 by Scarcer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Conspiracy theories, will be removed immediately

Isn't it a conspiracy?

Then again, if you were trying to take on Wall St. or Government, you'd want to do it without people ranting about space reptiles, like Ickey.
I do like Alex though, I just think he's a strong voice to have on board. A strong character who's known.
He got that '99 Y2K virus wrong, yea. Don't make any mistakes now eh, as you're all so perfect.

I got mixed feelings about OWS.

ETA:

Have they banned the communist party and the nationalists?
edit on 22-11-2011 by Dr Cosma because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Wrong.... How could he be wrong by backing a cause? All he is doing is spewing already known information...

Another poster said it perfectly. He HAS NOT BEEN spreading truths for 18 years... He has been feeding off the paranoia of weak minded folks for 18 years.

Alex Jones is no better than Ted Haggard... Different suit is all.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
This should be hoax binned.

Conspiracy Theory is a banned topic on OWS forums, there's plenty of confirmed things to talk about and protest. The PRIVATE forum is meant to be a place where information of events and suggestions for the movement can be made. CT as well as Elect/Vote for___ was constantly spammed on these forums, it was difficult to find relavent to OWS threads on their own forum. So both have been banned topics. You can still talk politics it just can't be election material.

Alex Jones has lied, again. He is never mentioned by name on their moderating policy.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
Now I don’t know about you but i'm pissed! Alex Jones has been exposing the NWO, political corruption, the Federal Reserve, TPTB, etc for the past 18+ years. Is he a little crazy? SURE he is, but aren't we all? Here is what OWS has done:

So let me get this straight!! The people who have been calling ##snip## the longest are now BANNED from OWS?

Is this not proof of an OWS takeover by the real crooks?

Sure it is.
And they are pissed that Alex Jones has been exposing them for who they really are.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
I like Alex Jones. He's very entertaining. To me, he's like Rush Limbaugh on acid... and paint thinner
And i hate the fact that OWS would censor based upon their apparent attempt at transparency......buuuuuuuttttt.... If you let the "fringe" become a headline then you can loose legitimacy. What if OWS's main focus became finding the "real" assassin of JFK? I think that's what they're afraid of. And w/ plenty of disinfo agents out there, it can't hurt to play it a little safe.

A few years ago, a new political party was reborn.. the Modern Whig Party. I had reestablished the Florida Whig Party a few years before but when the Modern's started, they wanted to keep out the "fringe" element. I was actually party of that fringe element, yet I stuck w/ it because I believed in most of what they were saying.

It seems that OWS is moving from the tents and into the arena and maybe at this point they should stay focused. A good compromise would be to create a conspiracy thread on their forum and say "go here for obscure and strange posts. We don't officially support this, but we support the 1st Amendment" Something like that could pacify most ppl.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

It could have something to do with the fact that Alex Jones has the habit of sensationalizing (lying?) every story he can get his hands on. I've always suspected that Jones's job was to discredit those who dissent by making them look ridiculous through his own actions.

Alex Jones should not be trusted.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Im not a supporter of Alex Jones, I started to see through his profit making fear mongering a while ago, but I am very much a supporter of free speech. I learned a lot from Alex Jones as I did from David Icke, do I think they have agendas, very much so, but if they never had the platform of free speech they have I would never have started to find out the truth for myself. Do I think the OWS has an agenda?, yes very much so, their setting of these "boundaries" defines their agenda. Do I blame them for disassociating themselves from Jones, of course not. But I disagree with the compartmentalisation and block on free speech. This doesnt mean I dont understand it.

Most likely they had very solid reasons for doing so. I can totally imagine what happened. The website overflowed with these crazy hyped out Alex Jones followers. These are the worst type of people on the internet. Disagree with them and you will be bombarded with hate messages and all that. It has most likely been their outrageous behaviour leading to this decision.

The Alex Jones cult is the prime example of anti-free thought and anti-free speech. They are simply getting what they are asking for.

I'm glad they banned his hideous nonsense because it ruins the OWS movement and diminished the chance for it to being taken serious.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

So OWS is trying to distance themselves from the paranoid fantasies of Icke and Jones? GREAT! Finally they are starting to remove the elements that make it so much easier to generalize and smear them into obscurity.

AJ is no friend to OWS because they didn't make him their leader, and he's upset.

OWs will get more traction without his rhetoric.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by NadaCambia

Alex Jones is by all means one the greater frauds and fearmongers around. He and his team of monkeys will pick any article the mainstream media publishes and twist and turn it in such ways that it will support their world view. A bunch of lame ass fake journalists/propagandists that's what they are. That goofball actually had an interview with Chomsky. He dismissed him as a new world order agent for his stance of firearms. Chomsky, the most outspoken critic, how far down are you then. His paranoia literally has no boundaries. Day in day day out he is sitting there in his little chamber telling his viewers how total tyranny will come and destroy their lives very soon.

Jones needs mental treatment. He's a megalomaniac who deems himself some kind of saviour.

I once spend an entire month listening to him on a daily basis. It literally drove me nuts in the end. I'm glad I managed to see through him. The only thing he drives on is your fear. Nothing else. In his world there is no room for free thought, objectivity or facts.

That interview with Chomsky was disgusting and it shows Alex Jones to be a revolting, nasty, uneducated and aggressive. Chomsky corrected Jones on an error he made -- Which Jones still doesn't accept, which therefore makes him a liar -- so Alex Jones waits for the interview to end and attacks him with insults and slander

That interview was exactly the moment I quit listening to him. I was so revolted. He really showed his true face there. What a twisted moron. I was impressed though by Chomsky his calm and respectful attitude. We can learn much from that.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
Now I don’t know about you but i'm pissed! Alex Jones has been exposing the NWO, political corruption, the Federal Reserve, TPTB, etc for the past 18+ years. Is he a little crazy? SURE he is, but aren't we all? Here is what OWS has done:

OccupyWallSt.org will ban people from posting on their forum if they “spam” the political philosophy of Alex Jones or David Icke, according to the website’s posting guidelines:

Conspiracy theories, including any attempt to spam material by David Icke, Lyndon LaRouche, David Duke or Alex Jones, will be removed immediately and the spammer will receive a swift global network ban. Fascist propaganda (including any attempt to spam these four people again), will be treated with the similar actions. In that we are very specific about what fascism is: the word has a meaning.

OccupyWallSt.org bills itself as “the unofficial de facto online resource for the growing occupation movement happening on Wall Street and around the world,” according to the site’s “About” page.
It operated out of the Zuccotti Park encampment in Lower Manhattan, provided live video streams, and a “steady flow of updates on Twitter, and Tumblr” as well as Skype sessions with other demonstrators, according to Wikipedia.
link

So let me get this straight!! The people who have been calling ##snip## the longest are now BANNED from OWS?

Is this not proof of an OWS takeover by the real crooks?

Come on, people!! You're movement has been bought!!
edit on 21-11-2011 by seabag because: (no reason given)

edit on Mon Nov 21 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors – Please Review This Link.

I totally agree.. Looks like OWS has been (or was always) compromised.. As far as Alex goes, yes he is a fear monger and a little nutty, but to be honest, I would not have found this site nor "woken up" if it wasn't for him. As much as many hate Alex, he does get a lot of things right. And his documentaries like End Game, etc are eye openers to anyone. That was the first I have heard of him was after watching End Game and after watching I have been on the search for truth ever since.

U

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
if someone continued to bash my 'movement' over and over again, i wouldn't welcome them either.
granted OWS lost my interest a while back

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join