It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Different Halo shapes in religious text images .

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Happened across two separate images in religious texts in Latin and what struck me as odd was that there were two different depictions of Halo's there . One of course was circular and the other was a triangle shape . Now if anyone can clarify why , it would clear up this bit of a mystery .

The first link has two people sitting on clouds above the planet earth with a bird in the middle , the one one the left has a circular halo and the one on the right has a triangular halo .

fondosdigitales.us.es...

The second link below shows roughly the same depiction but with other differences to the persons on the right and the left side , but still has the same circular halo on the left and the triangle on the right side above that person .

fondosdigitales.us.es...

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
very odd maybe two different beings?

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
The person on the left I assume is supposed to be Jesus , since there is a cross also with him . The ones on the right are different but still have the same triangular halo . One with a crown and one with ?

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
It looks like one of the men is Jesus and the other is the Pope.
Perhaps it has something to do with divinity?
Looks like the guy on the right has some of the stuff from the Papal office (staff, funky hat, etc.)

edit on 11/21/2011 by Ark005 because: Looked closely...

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
From wikipedia...

Later, triangular haloes are sometimes given to God the Father to represent the Trinity.[23] When he is represented by a hand emerging from a cloud, this may be given a halo.

That reference, 23, is cited as...

^ Nationalgallery.org.uk, Late 15th century reliefs by Jacopo della Quercia on the portal of San Petronio, Bologna are an early example of the triangular halo. According to Didron, Adolphe Napoléon: Christian Iconography: Or, The History of Christian Art in the Middle Ages, London, 1851, Vol 2, p30, this is "extremely rare in France, but common enough in Italy and Greece

wiki

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Nice find!
The symbolism is very interesting to me (I love this kinda stuff!)
Any ideas on what type of bird is depicted in both drawings?
I can't make out the first one , but the 2nd pic looks maybe like a hawks beak & talons?
I don't know if you are familiar with 'The Law of One, Ra', but there was a section in those books that covered different symbol meanings.
Heres a search within Ra-
Ra

One thing I noticed (that I would have been oblivious to prior to 'Ra'!) ,was the angles of their garments.
This is apparently very symbolic of left or right paths (negative or positive).

Thanks for postiing!

edit on 22-11-2011 by jewells because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   
I would say given the two columns its got to be Solomans Temple, and then the priest assembled within,and then looking at the mists and cloud, which Solomans temple was renown for, that all within the cloud, are in fact a vision, projected over and above the ARK of Covenant, is ether depicting heaven or the 4th dimension

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Anyone have better than this?

would appreciate a more correct interpretation.
edit on 22-11-2011 by usernamehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I'm glad alfa1 here was able to confirm with a source what I was thinking about the triangle, that in Christianity it is often used to depict the Trinity or to remind people of The Father, The Son, and Holy Spirit.

I've understood that the circle is often used because it is a shape with no corners/bends, having no beginning nor end. Biblicaly we can reference this to God who always is, was and will be as cited here:

“I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty.” - Revelation 1:8 and again in Revelation 22:13

Although knowing what the symbols mean helps to 'tell the story', there is no symbol or secret knowledge that can save a person's soul, instead it is by believing in Jesus as the Christ who died for our sins so that we may be saved from a guilty judgement. "It is no secret what God can do." I'm always happy to have a progressive discussion if anyone would like to know more or has questions via messenger here.
edit on 22-11-2011 by saint4God because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by usernamehere

Interesting also a key is being passed to one group over another , a metaphor or actual key ?

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Interesting, I see yet another vision of god coming, from and within the mists or clouds, were this on its own is proof, of the truth and divine

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by bulla

Interesting, I see yet another vision of god coming, from and within the mists or clouds, were this on its own is proof, of the truth and divine

further and hither to, Given clouds and mist are on the Atomic scale, are HydroH2o@ Atomic (6), and to have control over it, then one must also have control over gravity, tells me that this person, god, had a lot more wisdom and knowledge than first meets ones, perception, of just Truth and laws, as these laws appear to extend out over and above the known Laws of Physics, interesting ?

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Interesting. I don’t know about the halo’s but in the first one the earth underneath looks like the land mass in very similar to the Americas. What’s the date of this? Could be showing the promised land.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by D1Useek
Interesting. I don’t know about the halo’s but in the first one the earth underneath looks like the land mass in very similar to the Americas. What’s the date of this? Could be showing the promised land.

The publication date was 1500s to 1600s
edit on 22-11-2011 by watchdog8110 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchdog8110

Originally posted by D1Useek

The publication date was 1500s to 1600s
edit on 22-11-2011 by watchdog8110 because: (no reason given)

Notably in the era of Nostradamus, and his prophecies

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by watchdog8110

Not sure why there would be triangle shaped one, but there is a book that I read that has an interesting take on the halo. The book is called The Urantia Book. It describes Adam and Eve as being a biologic gift from God to the races of men. Human's had reached their natural apex from a biologic standpoint. At that point Adam and Eve are sent to start a new race of humans that will uplift all the other human races. It is said that Adam and Eve along with their pure line children gave off a hue, but with clothing you could only see the glow around their heads. Later generations protrayed their concept of individuals believed to be extraordinary in spiritual development with a halo.

Check it out: www.urantia.org...
edit on 23-11-2011 by UB2120 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by UB2120
reply to post by watchdog8110

Not sure why there would be triangle shaped one, but there is a book that I read that has an interesting take on the halo. The book is called The Urantia Book. It describes Adam and Eve as being a biologic gift from God to the races of men. Human's had reached their natural apex from a biologic standpoint. At that point Adam and Eve are sent to start a new race of humans that will uplift all the other human races. It is said that Adam and Eve along with their pure line children gave off a hue, but with clothing you could only see the glow around their heads. Later generations protrayed their concept of individuals believed to be extraordinary in spiritual development with a halo.

Check it out: www.urantia.org...
edit on 23-11-2011 by UB2120 because: (no reason given)

I have checked out your Urantia How extraordinary, there is much room for further reading

And thanks for bringing this to my and everyone's attention, much appreciated

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by bulla

No problem. I am pretty familiar with the book, so if you have any specific question please let me know.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Oh my.
More of the same. Why do threads pop up like this when I've spent days researching this subject for a painting. And now can see at least some of what is there. Synchronicity?

www.irishoriginsofcivilization.com...

www.thelostword.dk...

Read in full, without judgment, both of these will decipher everything from the circumpolar cosmic circle, to the sun and moon, the vine, and serpent, the tree, the fungi shaped overhead piece, the second has the spokes of the mushroom, the druid gaelic/celtic roots of civilization (alluding to the red haired and fair ones, found throughout the world), the list goes on and on, even the crown and scepter.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Found yet again another image with a triangular shaped halo in a representation similar to the last supper . It perhaps was up to the illustrators discretion of the shape chosen .

fondosdigitales.us.es...
edit on 24-11-2011 by watchdog8110 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join