It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Favorite war movies !!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Couple of mines been posted already, but here's my list not in any special order: Kelleys Heros, Tora Tora Tora, Midway, Red Dawn, The Green Berets.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Thank you OldCorp!
Thanks for the great list of movies and videos (OOH RAH!)
Uncommon Valor and We Were Soldiers were great shows ..There is so many good war movies out there ive seen most of them but some on the list i need to see yet soooo im going to have a popcorn night soon and catch up! Thank you so much for posting and the bumps ..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ga-`tv-gi

Thanks for posting ga-`tv-gi

I love your list of movies the one that got to me the most was Taking Chance i just cried it was a very moving movie about our military..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

A film that is a "Must Watch" is THE HILL. Not so much a war film but more of the brutality in The Army. Here is a preview:-

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Chance321

Thanks for posting,Chance321
The Green Berets was such a great movie i love john wayne !

1968) movie the green berets with John wanye lambasted at the time by critics john wayne was to be in the drity dozen in the lee marvin role now this is like a wwII movie then a vietnam movie.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by alonzo730

I haven't seen the The Longest Day so im adding it to my list ! thanks for posting,peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by NadaCambia

I have to look that show up never seen it..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Yahm16

Thanks for posting Yahm16..
All great movies! peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by theovermensch

Im going to have to watch that one ..Battle Scenes are always the best part of a war movie! peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

Yeah, Dirty Dozen was another great movie. Never knew John Wayne was up for that. Wow, wonder how different the movie would've been if he had taken it? Right now the only person I can ever see in that is Lee Marvin.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by FugitiveSoul

I agree one of the best shows put on tv i never missed any of the episodes of this show ..thanks for posting,sugarcookie1

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by TheComte

George C. Scott did a stellar job in portraying Patton ..Apocalypse Now i just loved that movie ive seen it about 5 times! thanks for posting ,peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by nake13

Ive not seen the movie "How sleep the brave" so another to add to my list..thank you..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by bismarket

Wow bismarket,Ive never seen any of those shows some more to add to my list..thank you,peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by kenny71

Hi kenny71
..I dont mind sub titles so i will have to watch that one ive never even heard of that movie..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by harry123

Stalag 17
Von Ryan's Express
Saving Private Ryan
The Colditz Story
The Wooden Horse
The Thin Red Line
The Shawshank Redemption

There is more but thats a good start for you
Peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by missvicky

Flags of Our Fathers and Letters From Iwo Jima were to great shows i liked them both so much i bought the dvd's for my dad and me..thanks for the post,peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by BULLETINYOURHEAD

I loved ,Inglorious Bastards that was a very good movie..thanks for the post..sugarcookie1

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Dembow

thank you
and a star for you also
peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Apocalypse Now

Francis Ford Coppola's film starring Marlon Brando,Robert Duvall,Martin Sheen,Frederic Forrest,Dennis Hopper,Harrison Ford,Laurence Fishburne,Albert Hall,Sam Bottoms,G.D. Spradlin,Christian Marquand,Aurore Clément,Scott Glenn,R. Lee Ermey, Best movie ever and great music also

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join