It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the fastest way to earn points?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I post on message boards from time to time, but it seems that I can't get a lot of points, mostly because whenever I hear a story worth posting about, someone else already has posted it. Any advice on how to get points fast?

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 05:37 PM
link   
They'll come automaticly while contributing to the forum.

Designing posting habbits with a purpouse of gaining points isn't applauded and propably even against the TOC, by definition it would be spamming, since you wouldn't be posting to contribute but to gain points.

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 05:39 PM
link   
heres my thoughts on the matter

as the stories/breaking news is covered at a amazing rate here think of a different angle, where as many are doing the news etc, think about questions that you have and arent already covered

also, you get 250 points if you are appluaded (hmm..forgot how to spell that), if you do a good post. so rather than loads of posts, quality over quantity

well. thats my thoughts anyway

rynaldo

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Yep. Just contribute and enjoy discussing, debating and collaborating and you will have a few points in no time.

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 05:41 PM
link   
if you post something which gets a lot of replies you will rake in the points. Look at my points total, would you believe 3-4 days ago that was only 250 points not 2500 plus. All because i posted a thread LOTS of people replied to in a matter of a couple of days...

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by TenaciousGuy
I post on message boards from time to time, but it seems that I can't get a lot of points, mostly because whenever I hear a story worth posting about, someone else already has posted it. Any advice on how to get points fast?

Who cares?

I myself dont even care about the points its not like you win a free trip or something.

Just post where you feel the need to speak up and the points will take care of themselves

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 05:42 PM
link   
But if you want points REALLY fast, open a thread like "St. Peter was cloned from an alien.":shk:

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
But if you want points REALLY fast, open a thread like "St. Peter was cloned from an alien.":shk:

EVERYBODY knows that JEEEZ

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk

EVERYBODY knows that JEEEZ

Or post a terror attack warning... (smug shatt eating grin)

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk

Originally posted by TenaciousGuy

Who cares?

I myself dont even care about the points its not like you win a free trip or something.

Just post where you feel the need to speak up and the points will take care of themselves

i agree with u on that amuk..u shouldn`t really be looking for points cause thats not what its about..its about discussing and the idea i think is enlightenment...not getting more points than any1 else

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Points?!

We get points?

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I. Have no life and post here a lot.

II. Particpate in research projects and debates.

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Take mine, I dont care

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ktprktpr
I. Have no life and post here a lot.

You have no idea how true this is.

It also helps to have a gov't job with internet access.

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 10:05 PM
link   
See how many replies you just got? Go to ATS and do the same thing. Make sure it's something worthy.

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Take a look at the ABOUT ATS: The points system item and its related discussion thread to get a feel for the system, including how they are awarded for each forum.

The members speak the truth. Quality, interesting posts and participation in board projects are the best way to garner points. Avoid behavior that incurs penalties, which range from minimal to quite hefty. The points are always secondary to the discussions and information you find here. That's what is really important. Be patient, post good stuff, and they will add up.

Point System Discussion

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Always be sweet and kind and you will never be fined. Also, I would like to direct you to Collaborative Fiction. Contributions garner 250 points and the more people who contribute the more fun it is.

My personal opinion is that you only need enough points to get access to all the "secret areas" and maybe bump up your upload capacity.

And you got some points just because I replied to your post. You're welcome.

[edit on 04/9/4 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 10:48 PM
link   
HOW TO NOT GET POINTS:

- post in this forum

- post in BTS

HOW TO GET POINTS:

- have an avatar like mine

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Earning points is too slow. You have to find someone who has, preferably more than 33000 points, you sneak up on them and...............

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Earning points is too slow. You have to find someone who has, preferably more than 33000 points, you sneak up on them and...............

OR

without making a mess a person can...

HAVE AN AVATAR LIKE MINE

sry cant help this...

its late, im board and people are u2u'ing me like crazy cuz they like ma avatar!!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join