It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Obama Delivers the Greatest Speech in History

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by steveknows
That was actually funny. Though I don't really remember it being really like that.

Anyway. Australia and the U.S have been exchanging troops for years. This 2500 hast turned into a hype that is really making a big deal out of nothing.

And who is the speeches and backslapping really meant for?

Personally I haven't heard about it until recently. And If the country was aware of all things alike, I don't think they'd be happening. Sadly the biggest concern of this situation is with china, that whole back patting, cheering show, was nothing more than a show. And I'm glad you played into the illusion of accomplishment. Not to be taken litteral on that last part, where I stated I'm glad, was just an emphasis through example as to what should be emphasized. But sorry an answer to your question, just the people. Us joes kickin' it in our cribs without a political bone to bend. Our younger generations need to be keen on their babysitters. Because our parents forgot to tell us how screwed they got since the last two took off with their pension. I've managed to make a nice silouhette of the states on my wall out of IOU sticky notes
. Talk about making the best out of a poopy situation!

Anyways, China has lost interest in us since our static GDP was passed by our deficit going 90 mph... All those made in china goods aren't quite as good anymore. They even started getting rid of all the american currency they now possess. Hell some places won't even take that garbage anymore. Australia has become pretty good trade partners with China, so them posing an influence now, is but a problem. Since they've been trying to shake off these freeloaders. And analysis shows this is another U.S advancement in their favor, pushed by the businesses of our homeland. Theres a lot of relations with trades when it comes to military presence. The states seem to be surrounding China, and with libya off the list. Whose next? I don't think we need Obama intimidating our competitors..

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Yes things certainly have changed in Australia lately. If you paid close attention to the speach you may have noticed that one of those ministers who stood, clapped and cheered with enthusiasm was our fearless Minister for the enviroment Peter Garrett (Pictured Below)

Its funny you know, because I am sure I remember a guy who looked exactly the same and was also named Peter Garrett who fronted one of the all time great Australian rock bands called Midnight Oil. Surely it couldn't be the same guy,...I mean...that Peter Garrett sang protest songs against the establishment... Great songs like "US Forces". It went something like ...."US Forces give the nod ........Its a set back for your country...."

Oh look I found it......and holy crap...it is him

So tell me Minister Peter Garrett. "Will you know it when you see it"

Obviously not.
edit on 22-11-2011 by Seagle because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Q:1984A:1776
why the # are they giving a standing ovation for that bastard when he is describing the first step in spreading the U.S. Empire to their nation?

Maybe because they are all globalists in the pocket of the Rothschilds? Maybe possibly, you think?

Its scary to see the US is now posturing against China. Just like the missile bases on the russian border in the european countries, it was posturing against the Russians and caused distrust, this is just the same against China.
There really is a world war coming, by design. They will make it happen.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seagle
Yes things certainly have changed in Australia lately. If you paid close attention to the speach you may have noticed that one of those ministers who stood, clapped and cheered with enthusiasm was our fearless Minister for the enviroment Peter Garrett (Pictured Below)

Its funny you know, because I am sure I remember a guy who looked exactly the same and was also named Peter Garrett who fronted one of the all time great Australian rock bands called Midnight Oil. Surely it couldn't be the same guy,...I mean...that Peter Garrett sang protest songs against the establishment... Great songs like "US Forces". It went something like ...."US Forces give the nod ........Its a set back for your country...."

Oh look I found it......and holy crap...it is him

So tell me Minister Peter Garrett. "Will you know it when you see it"

Obviously not.
edit on 22-11-2011 by Seagle because: (no reason given)

I was at that one. I got free tickets through JJJ.

Yep he has a "short memory" You wouldn't "read about it" He was actually a solicitor. Say alot.
edit on 22-11-2011 by steveknows because: Add

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
and you can get anything you want at alices restaraunt...

S+F

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker46

First time in history a nation was ever told exactly who and how and why they was gonna get ##SNIPPED## and they stood up and cheered! I meeeeeam they CHEERED!!!

I think, this video expresses my thoughts perfectly.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
A little dramatic aren't we? 2,500 Marines stationed to bolster allied Australian troops is an occupation? Talk to Germany, France or any of the Soviet satellite states about what a REAL occupation is.

The US and Australia have always been close allies, and have fought together through many conflicts. And I am sure if Australia wanted to station some troops or equipment on Guam or some other American territory, this would not be a problem.

And in the end, the country could have said no thanks. And this wouldn't be a discussion right now.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
]You know as much as I enjoyed reading your post and agree with your account of Obama's mesmerizing speech -giving ability.. I couldn't help but think "MAN ARE YOU PREJUDICE?" I was really offended with your calling Chinese people "Slant-eyed" and your opinion of other people.. All I could picture after that point was a hick sitting in a rocker in a trailer with chaw in his mouth and a rebel flag proudly displayed behind. You could have made your point without your immature and ridiculous prejudice.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem

NVM, you fixed it.

Thanks for the laugh though. Can't believe they gave him a standing ovation after he announced that US forces are going to be occupying your country. Not many now but, you can be sure there will be more to follow.

edit on 11/21/11 by FortAnthem because:

And not a peep out of the dems with this. But, dag nabit, if good 'ol GW did any such thing, surely he WOULD be tar'd and feather'd.

What a crock. RON PAUL in 2012!!!!

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Jack Daniels is a helluva drink.
2nd line

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
elequantly put but overly dramatized

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   

I have gotten to where I can't listen to his voice or look at his face. Everytime I see a pic of him I want to throw up. I haven't clue what he says (reads) nor do I even care. I feel the same way about him that he feels about the American people he is nothing and nobody.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Q:1984A:1776
why the # are they giving a standing ovation for that bastard when he is describing the first step in spreading the U.S. Empire to their nation?

The U.S. has had troops in Australia since 1989. The highest concentration (I think it's close to 1800 if I remember correctly) is out at a place called Alice Springs.

Australia, in turn, has 644 of their soldiers stationed in the Baltimore/Washington area alone. They work in the Pentagon, NSA, and DIA. Aussies are also stationed in California and Hawaii. It's been on for years.

S+F for the OP. I love good satire, and that was a great read.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

typical american ha ha ha.....

Long live patriotism hyuck hyuck !

We're gonna kill the whole #ing world WOOOOOOOO !

Blam blam blam pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt.. Now let's go enjoy some mechanically separated Chick'n deep fried in trans fats and some freedom fries !!!!

I believe you said it yourself.. The UUS the extra U stands for undestructable !!!! woooo # yeah we even make up our own dame werds !!! Yeah. Emericans are soo winning !

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Hopefully there are some freedom-loving Aussies down there.

That was a thoroughly entertaining read! Nice Job, enjoy your bottle of Jacky Dan's.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I thought this was his best speech:

edit on 22-11-2011 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I'm so ignorant of U.S politics, and politics in general that I won't even comment on Obama's policies. This being said, your post had no substance. You didn't actually address anything wrong with Obama or his political premises. All you did was post a thinly veiled rant of ad hominem attacks. Why do posts like these receive 49 stars?

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tetrarch42
I'm so ignorant of U.S politics, and politics in general that I won't even comment on Obama's policies. This being said, your post had no substance. You didn't actually address anything wrong with Obama or his political premises. All you did was post a thinly veiled rant of ad hominem attacks. Why do posts like these receive 49 stars?

Because it was a funny post dude...

2nd

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by OneManArmy

I agree 100%. That was the subtle point of the thread and happy to know that some got it.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Ilyich

Easy soldier; stand down. This is not a shot at the military, yours or ours. It is a reflection of the global politic that has decided that they can "use" anyone's military as global policemen to protect "their" financial interests. Do you like being "used"? You were taught to follow orders and not question, but you should know where your orders are coming from.
What you do with that info is your business. Pass the chicken please.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join