It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cell phone sound on TV?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Anybody been hearing that weird sound when watching TV? It sounds almost like a cell phone sound, but not really. It sounds like a computer glitch, it's very hard to describe. I remember the first time I actually heard it was during the 2011 Emmys. I thought it was just me but I searched Twitter and found hundreds of others complaining.

Sheen, Baldwin and Cell Phone Interference: Behind the Scenes at the Emmys

I started hearing it during other live taping like Dancing with the Stars. Then I heard it during Sunday Night Football games. Then I noticed it on some sitcoms like Modern Family.

Does anyone know what this sound is? It's on more than one station. It happens every 15 to 20 seconds and its very low but its easy to make out because of the nature of the sound (some sort of digital ringtone glitch). Am I crazy? Or crazier than others I should say...

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by dannyfal

Maybe if you answer your phone the noise will stop....????

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
wow I am so glad you put this down, about 10 minutes ago, that sound came thru on my tv and thru my cell phone while I was on it talking to my husband, he heard it as well, it made a ringing type old deep sound, not a normal ring, it was odd but it came thru over the electronics. it was freaky

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Yes, I hear it all the time. I think it's deliberately inserted in TV programming to create a sense of urgency;

"Answer the phone!"
edit on 21-11-2011 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Not only on the Tv, but through my stereo that I play during the day and there's a slight hiss of whitenoise. Quite odd.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

It's called RF (radio frequency) interference, and it happens more and more as the number of electrical devices multiply...

Complex electronic circuitry is found in all sorts of devices used in the home. This results in a vast interference potential that didn't exist in earlier, simpler decades. In the United States, Public Law 97-259, enacted in 1982, gave the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) the authority to regulate the susceptibility of consumer electronic equipment sold in the country. The FCC, working with equipment manufacturers, decided to allow them to develop standards for EMI immunity and implement their own voluntary compliance programs
[/quote ]

SOURCE

We get this thru our amplifiers on stage all the time, cellphones must be off on stage...and we still get it from audience members...even 20 rows out! Pfft!

Excellent thread topic! S&F!

edit on 11/21/11 by RoswellCityLimits because: to add

edit on 11/21/11 by RoswellCityLimits because: cause I type too fast!!! lolz

edit on 11/21/11 by RoswellCityLimits because: ?

edit on 11/21/11 by RoswellCityLimits because: tryin to break up the quote part! Baaaah!!!

edit on 11/21/11 by RoswellCityLimits because: ...whatever....lol

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Haha ELF waves, man..

Seriously though, fry that brain baby, and don't forget to watch your commercials.

ELF Waves & the Brain

There is evidence that ELF magnetic waves can affect brain waves.

These frequencies are the same as those produced by the human brain in the theta and alpha states. Generally, specific brain wave frequency ranges can be associated with mood or thought patterns.

Then we conspiracy types like to think.. "Oh, HAARP?"

I seriously cannot WAIT for the near future.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Maybe its pre paid cellular cusomer near you with cheap air signal you are hearing interfering with television signal... clicks

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
What carrier are you folks using? This used to happened to me a lot when I was on AT&T (and Cingular before that) when I used to use the old school cheap GSM flip phones. After switching to Verizon it went away. It's something to do with the GSM signal when the phone is receiving updates (such as time, texts, etc.) or data from the carrier. The GSM frequencies seem to interfere with FM. If you move the phone to another room than where your TV or radio is located it should go away.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
That sounds like it is RFI (radio frequency interference) any sort of amp can pick up the various sources. I play in a band, and variously mobile phone pulses, emergency frequencies, and other radio mikes using the same band in the area can all cause havoc in some places. You can deal with radio mike interference, but police messages and mobiles are out of your control.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
There's a reason why they switched to digital and WHY the government was more than eager to help those who otherwise couldn't afford the required converter box. After all, why would the government care if you can't afford to watch Dancing with the Stars?

If you haven't quit watching television for the more obvious reasons (pro-consumerism, brainwashing, lying, subliminal messaging etc) then perhaps you may want to for the more dubious one.

Cable companies are researching cable boxes that monitor and analyze movement in our homes.
socyberty.com...

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Terrormaster

lol yep, at&t

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Im glad you heard it also. I heard it once yesterday in the late morning, almost sounded like a person talking separate from the television itself.

new topics

top topics

join