It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do we really need ads from Fubar.com on ATS???

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Okay folks, my reason for visiting ATS has to do with news and conspiracies. The ads for Fubar.com show an extreme closeup of a women's bikini clad backside. There are enough threads here about people making an ass of themselves. I don't need pictures to remind me of this. I find the pictures not appropriate for younger ATS members.
If we keep this up why don't we just ad a "Page Six Girls" forum.

Speak up to the board if you agree with me.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I LIKE THE FUBAR ADDS WHAT ARE YOU A......

i'll hold my tounge.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

As ATS is not a place of name calling, I'll forget your unprofessional reply.
I enjoy the sights of lovely ladies as much as the next guy. I just do not feel that ATS is the place for this. All it does in my opinion is lessen ATS's credibility. Should ATS's motto become "The National Enquirer of the Internet"?

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Sanity Lost

"The National Enquirer of the Internet"

I don't know...sounds kind of catchy!

Might just work as an alternative motto!

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jerryznv

Well, maybe the folks in charge will agree. Not that it manners to anyone but if they do change it I am out of here for good.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
C'mon man! Seriously. The adspace sold is what makes this site what it is. Its a nice pic, and it keeps ATS going. Seems like a win win to me!

link   
C'mon man! Seriously. The adspace sold is what makes this site what it is. Its a nice pic, and it keeps ATS going. Seems like a win win to me!

link   

Originally posted by jerryznv

"The National Enquirer of the Internet"

I don't know...sounds kind of catchy!

Might just work as an alternative motto!

Well most of the stories from the National Enquirer would fit in at ATS seamlessly now that you mention it.

Batboy!

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by llmacgregor

The adspace sold is what makes this site what it is. Its a nice pic, and it keeps ATS going. Seems like a win win to me!

Ya...I am going to have to agree with this.

It has been my experience that a lot worse ads have appeared on ATS...so this one seems relatively mild comparatively!

Honestly I never pay attention to the ads much anyway...kind of learned to ignore them for the most part!

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Those ads are generated by your search history..

So uh..

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Honestly I never pay attention to the ads much anyway...kind of learned to ignore them for the most part!

Jerry,
I find it difficult to ignore a close up of a woman's ass appearing in a banner right at the top of the page next to the ATS logo and just about the ATS toolbar.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd like to read what most of the ladies of ATS think about this ad?

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj

Those ads are generated by your search history..

So uh..

Really...I wonder why I have an Oil of Olay ad up then...I can't think of anything a full grown adult man would search that would prompt an ad like that.

Of course I get a bunch of gambling ads too...and I have never gambled online ever...so I have a hard time following the logic behind them being generated by my search history...but who knows?

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sanity Lost

Jerry,
I find it difficult to ignore a close up of a woman's ass appearing in a banner right at the top of the page next to the ATS logo and just about the ATS toolbar.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd like to read what most of the ladies of ATS think about this ad?

Okay...I hear you...I find it difficult to ignore a close up of a womans ass period...no matter where it appears!

Yes though...let's see what the ladies have to say...perhaps if it were a mans ass it would make a difference...but in that case...I would be a bit disgusted...just saying!
edit on 20-11-2011 by jerryznv because: ...

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

If that is the case the then there is problem online somewhere. I've never searched for or heard of Fubar.com until I found it right in front of my face here at ATS.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
A picture of a butt wouldn't bother me.

however, I have noticed in the ? last few weeks, there are no ads at the top of Recent News, and MYATS and threads I visit. I like that. easier to load.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Coming from the perspective of a lady, I dislike those ads... I don't even know what Fubar is but it's bothersome, especially since the ads are very obvious from across a room, so I could be on ATS very discreetly and then all of a sudden BOOM SOMEONE'S ASS and it's very obvious. I would prefer if those explicit type ads would not pop up so obviously on the top of the screen!!

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

Thank you for your reply Berkeygal.

We all have our views as to what is okay and not so okay. Mine differs from others and like in all other cases since I don't like the scenery I'll just have to move to another town. I never click on any other ads. I can't afford to buy anything from them anyway.

Cheers

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   

They scan for similar sites actually.

Like a few weeks I was looking for costumes, and they were showing costumes on the website ads here.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacekc929
Coming from the perspective of a lady, I dislike those ads... I don't even know what Fubar is but it's bothersome, especially since the ads are very obvious from across a room, so I could be on ATS very discreetly and then all of a sudden BOOM SOMEONE'S ASS and it's very obvious. I would prefer if those explicit type ads would not pop up so obviously on the top of the screen!!

Spacekc929,

My point exactly. I don't need to try to explain ads like this to others that may be in the living room with me. Especially any kids!

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
thanks space, I'm a fem too, and I've been visually assaulted with the big beeyoch arse in my face. It's offensive. I'd like to hurl a boot at it without busting my computer. But instead, I found a way to blow ads off my screen. I'm afraid to say what it is, because these ad perps will then find a way to circumvent it. I'd like to circum-vent them. All the way down to their marrow.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join